Code of Conduct

Default L'Occitane launches the new Peony eau de toilette

This is a new scent from L'Oocitane. On the whole, I like them a lot (inexpensive, wonderful scents, cruelty-free); I have tried Verveine, Eau des Baux, Quatre Reines, Notre Flore Iris, Notre Flore Jasmine and Notre Flore Myrtle.

This new peony scent is said to be a green floral and launches with other products: shower gel, lotion and body cream.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Blog Entries

Default Re: L'Occitane launches the new Peony eau de toilette

Ooh, I'm a big fan of L'Occitane! Thanks for sharing this, Primrose! I finally decided the peony in Stella in Two was too musky for my taste, so I can't wait to try this.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

I can hardly wait!!!

OMG, this is too weird. I just went to my mailbox this afternoon and there was a sample of the L'Occitane's Paeonia EDT!!! It is very light and fresh, hints of green grass? and maybe pomelo... don't know about the longevity just yet.

L'Occitane are doing a first with this fragrance and releasing a makeup range to go with it. Blushes, eyeshadows all with peonies shaped in the powder.
    DONNA

Yes, the catalog that my sample came in is LOVELY with the most enticing luscious pics of the goods; the 2010 Spring Peony Makeup Collection looks divine....but I'd rather spend my dough on fumes.

I'm a fan of L'Occitane, I have Feu D'Orange, 4 Voleurs, L'Occitan, Cedre. And their soaps and candles are excellent.
    I'll have to check this one out, it might be a floral that interests me if it is GREEN enough. I do love the scent of peonies.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

The notes of Peony are very floral, so I don't think this is green enough, Ody.

One might also try, to compare, Pivoine Magnifica by Guerlain from their Aqua line.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

So what do us guys get?

Quote Originally Posted by stoavio View Post
    So what do us guys get?
    The "guys" have a marvelous Verveine, Cedar or Labdanum in the L'Occitane line. The iris can also be called a masculine if you wish.

The best "masculine" from them, IMO, is the Eau des Baux, a wonderful EDT with a cypress/incense note. (P.S. The Cade and the Lavender lines are also good in the toiletries/shaving line.)

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    The notes of Peony are very floral, so I don't think this is green enough, Ody.

One might also try, to compare, Pivoine Magnifica by Guerlain from their Aqua line.
    Or Yves Rocher's Pur Desir de Pivoine. Or Ineke's Chemical Bonding. (I like to think of myself as the Queen of Peony. But I'm the only one.)

As for L'Occitane for guys - don't overlook Vetyver (but I like it too!)
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    Or Yves Rocher's Pur Desir de Pivoine. Or Ineke's Chemical Bonding. (I like to think of myself as the Queen of Peony. But I'm the only one. )
    Oh no you're not, Your Highness! And I'm happy to be a loyal subject!