Code of Conduct

Smile Thiery Mugler - Cologne

Joust bought this one 3 weeks ago.

Let me tell you, it's soooo good. Specially after a shower, after a long day at the office.
    My wife is crazy about this one. She just cannot resist

Even if it's a cologne, it lasts forever on me. Usually I spray 3-4. With this one I go for a little bit more. 6-7 sprays. I applied it at 7 PM and the next morning I still smell it. Wow !

I have to g buy the shower gel

Default Re: Thiery Mugler - Cologne

It's actually an EDT, despite the name. But I agree, love it.
    Last edited by Smeghead; 6th April 2010 at 01:08 AM.

Yep, it's good stuff! Smells exactly like the He-Man soap I used to use as a little kid. Mom even agreed it smells like that soap. Brings back memories. If Mugler Cologne ever gets discontinued, I will be SERIOUSLY UPSET!
    Last edited by Shaheen; 6th April 2010 at 01:20 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaheen View Post
    If Mugler Cologne ever gets discontinued, I will be SERIOUSLY UPSET!
    Same for me...much love for this one here too.

I loved it too
    but got bored of it quick
    thats me
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

I find Mugler Cologne to be very refreshing and addictive as well. I wish I would wear it more. Great taste, Tristan !
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

It's definitely a soapy scent. Some would say close to Irish Spring. Certainly a great choice for Spring, as the soap implies!

Great fragrance. Like others - give it high praise.

I love this one but I prefer Infusion d´Homme by Prada

Mugler Cologne fans watch out - I just bought a new design 75ml splash and spray bottle at TJ Maxx for the crazy low price of 19.99! Hopefully this isn't a precursor to it being discontinued though.
    Last edited by Royal; 6th April 2010 at 04:04 PM.
    I refuse to sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    Mugler Cologne fans watch out - I just bought a new design 75ml splash and spray bottle at TJ Maxx for the crazy low price of 19.99! Hopefully this isn't a precursor to it being discontinued though.

Even though Mugler dropped Ice•Men I really doubt they will discontinue Mugler Cologne since this is the "bell cow" fragrance for men. There is a tendency during these tight banking times for companies to work out of problem inventory by offloading big quantities to better quality discounters such as TJ Maxx and Ross. More companies go out of business due to inventory imbalances and having cash tied up in excess inventory, than for lack of profit and in times like these when banks are very unwilling to finance inventories for working capital financing, companies are more willing to cash in excess inventory by selling in one time big hits to the occasional discounter, hoping the presence in these discount stores will not ruin their department store business. Sadly it usually does ruin their image with the upper end retailers.

Mugler is one of my favorites for spring and summer.

Tristan, although many may argue that the shower gel is more hygenic than soap, you REALLY must try the Mugler Cologne soap!!
    It is the frothiest, creamiest, beautifully scented soap you can imagine! An absolute must-try!

It is one of the freshest scents around, also available quite affordably and extremely suitable for casual wear, especially during the warmer seasons

Soap - excellent
    Shower gel - excellent
    And don't forget body lotion (which makes a good aftershave balm).
    And of course, the EDT is marvelous.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

i like it a very nice fresh smell

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    Even though Mugler dropped Ice•Men I really doubt they will discontinue Mugler Cologne since this is the "bell cow" fragrance for men.
    Yeah, I believe it's just that they have discontinued the 2.5oz spray and splash bottles (the ones at Marshalls) in favor of only making the 4.2 spray and splash, and the 3.4 dedicated spray.
    I refuse to sink.

I am happy to find out that it's actually not a cologne but an EDT. Cologne is the name,,,hihihihi

And you know what, I wasn't sure to buy it because it was a cologne and usually cologne last 5-7 minutes on me !

I was so surprised to still smell it the next morning. Wow.

I am really addicted to this one.

Also, I will try the soap.
    What about the doedorant stick ?

It's one of my biggest fragrance discovery. Often I saw the bottle at the counter and smell it, but wasn't ready for it, and then one day I got the crush.
    So far this one is on my top 5 best fragrance ever.

For how long ?

I wonder why they decided to name it 'cologne'? That seems like that would deter some people worried about the low concentration.
    Sell/Trade-- Issey Miyake(Summer '09)~Calvin Klein(One Summer '07 & '09)~Eau De Grey Flannel

Buy/Swap-- http://www.basenotes.net/threads/250...e-Want-Edition.

I actually like the shower gel a lot, but find the cologne kind of sour and boring now. Weird.
    There is a woman at work who wears it, and maybe that is the problem. She wears a lot of it, and people are always commenting on how strongly she smells of her "perfume". Its actually becoming a problem at work, with all sorts of complaining going on. I think it smells pretty good on her, but it reinforced for me how strong this one is if you over-do the application.
    The shower gel does rock. Nothing better at the gym after a work out. Bad bottle design though - had to transfer it to another bottle for the workout bag due to the cap being so loose.
    -Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

I just tried this for the first time today. (I'm wearing it as I type this.) I have to say, this is one of the nicest fragrances I've ever tried on. I was not expecting to fall so hard for this. I'm very hard please when it comes to fragrances, and this one gets top marks from me. A+

i really liked it. I just finished couple samples of it, and i am going to buy it very soon.

It is only available in large sizes which i am not a big fan of...it seems like something i will get bored with.

Its very fresh and unique clean scent. It is easily can become a great signature summer fragrance.

I just got a bottle of Clean Men by Clean, and i use it on a daily basis during the day, and in the gym.
    Both are very friendly scents that i dont think anyone would find offending, but as far as a "going-out" scents they are both a lacking in character to make them stand out.

This girl that i am seeing loves it on me when we hang out at my house or her place, doing simple "hanging-out" stuff, but when we go out she isnt a big fan of me wearing it...go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kbar View Post

This girl that i am seeing loves it on me when we hang out at my house or her place, doing simple "hanging-out" stuff, but when we go out she isnt a big fan of me wearing it...go figure.
    Maybe that's because she knows how good you smell and doesn't want anyone else paying too much attention to you!

Quote Originally Posted by vulcan View Post
    Maybe that's because she knows how good you smell and doesn't want anyone else paying too much attention to you!
    lol i do hope thats the case.

its a great scent, but i dont think its bold enough to get that much attention

Quote Originally Posted by Kbar View Post
    lol i do hope thats the case.

its a great scent, but i dont think its bold enough to get that much attention
    I agree, but that's why I like it. That's actually what I look for in a fragrance. I also like how it encourages people to stand closer to smell me!

check out Clean Men by Clean

Its not worth full price so look online for it, but its a very good clean scent.

I like it a lot and it's very refreshing but it doesn't last on me. It quickly becomes a skin scent especially on parts that are exposed like arms and neck. If I spray on my chest, I get whiffs of it sometimes. At first I thought maybe I was anosmic to it but others around me confirmed they couldn't smell much either. It's a good refreshing cologne for me but I like bolder scents.

It's nice but I don't really get why so many people who chastise and steer clear of modern and highly synthetic scents seem to love this one. There's a ton of white musk in this, and the whole of it feels almost entirely synthetic. I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing; I just find it curious that so many that do hold that position in general seem to love this scent.

Also, it's really quite strong and long lasting on me. Anything more than 3 sprays becomes cloying after a few hours. It seems to grow in intensity as the top and early heart notes fade and the musk and "S-note" come to the fore.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more