i love Le male, the essence of sex by far.
Thread: The Controversial Sweets!
OK, inspired by the 'PI is a Masterpiece'-thread,
I thought we should have a vote for the best
sticky and sweet male scent on the market.
I hesitated a bit by putting Body Kouros on the
list, as it issen't that controversial, and has a
huge fanbase, and therefor will swallow alot of
votes ... but what?! It is sticky and it is sweet!
Maybe I have forgotten a fragrance which would
have fitted the list, if so, choose 'none of the above'
and explain below, thanks!
--- The voting is public ---
I went with Jaïpur Eau de Parfum ... God it's good!
Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 6th April 2010 at 11:56 PM.
i love Le male, the essence of sex by far.
I wont wear it anytime soon...because toooo many other people do it for me. Le Male it is the best. Look at my wardrobe I got HP too...I love sweet scents.
I don't know if I could say, really. I love many of them, but would actually wear very few. I think my favorite at the moment would be Fille En Aiguilles, a really lovely burnt sugar meets pine concoction.
From this list, Jaipur is definitely so complex and distinguished, that I would never describe it as sickly and sweet
Wait a minute now. . . this is a poll on sweet fragrances by Le Grand Duc, and it DOES NOT include Dior Homme Intense?!?
From that list, my favorite is Body Kouros. Is sweet, but also has a camphoraceous and mint and incense side that attracts me a lot. And it's not an expensive fragrance. If you like it, buy it until Loreal mess with this one too...
None of the above will win!
I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!
Although Ive not worn it in ages I do love LL Au Masculin
Jaipur is controversial?
I voted "I wouldn't be caught dead in..."
I wear Jaipur homme edp, but I don't think it's sticky. Sweet & spicy, or rather, floral and spicy. But sticky? Nah...
Snarky is as snarky does.
Not necessarily saying 'it's sweeter than' any of those listed BUT Endymion comes across a pretty sweet on my skin.
I'm crazy bout it tho.
wow - I was the only one to choose Joop!...LOL
Jaipur smells like soap to me, sweet soap.
Honestly, I rarely like sweet men's fragrances, as sweet usually equals powder there. Unisex and Femme is the way to go for me!
I Choose Lolita Lempicka Au Masculine! I can't believe you left out A*Men too you crazy man! <3
I'm not your toy.
I chose Fleur de Male. I prefer it over Le Male and, well, I haven't tried that many others from the list. Pi was alright but not great and I've never tried Body Kouros
So I decided to include sweet scents in my w'drobe and bought Jacomo de Jacomo Red, Ted Lapidus Pour Lui, a local version of Le Male called Riff Borneo, Joop! and Escada Casual Friday. Add to these other sweet scents like Dior Homme Intense and Jaipur. Well, the point is I am realizing I am not including them on my rotation the way I am including woody / spicy orientals and orientals, as well as chypres.
I don't want to hurt feelings nor start a discussion that will end up being closed by moderators, but I find these overtly femenine, albeit the fact I have been complimented by a lady on an occasion I was wearing Dior Homme Intense - I have to admit I am hardly ever complimented on scents I use, so this was a big surprise. To this fact, add some of these have amazing longevity - Joop! as well as Riff last up to 24 hourse, which IMHO can be an olfactive nightmare.
Having said this, I have to admit that of all the ones mentioned,
- the manlier one is Escada Casual Friday as per the fact the drydown is clearly dominated by patchouly.
- Jaipur, on the other hand, has a very remarkable resemblance to Zizanie by Fragonard, I enjoy the spices in both, but find Jaipur to be too sweet and Zizanie too short lived: so I have to choose between too sweet - good longevity a scent or vice versa.
- Joop! has a nice drydown provided the wearer has enough patience for it. But as I said, it ends up getting a bore after 10 hours on my skin.
- Ted Lapidus pour Lui: amberine sweetnes that reminds me of old-time scents. The amber is fine, the sweetnes can be cloying.
- Based on a sample, I found Le Male really a complex scent. I have to amdit it, the bottle is a put-off (yes, I do care about the bottle).
- PI felt like applying custard to my skin, an olfactory paper on benzoine / vanilla.
- Body Kouros: too much chocolate. I'd rather enjoy this note blended in a more complex fashion, the way L'Instant and Dior Homme Intense do.
- Jacome Rouge is simpler than Le Male, but shorter in its longevity, but still strong.
- Fleur de Male is so dominated by flowers that I could not help thinking it would make a perfect femenine scent.
I am still curious though about giving this last one as well as Pi a full wear: I don't consider these bunch of sweet scents as my cup of tea, but I have to admit it adds variety to my rotation. So, wearing them once in a while can be fun.
Last edited by Pollux; 7th April 2010 at 02:16 AM.
None of the above = A*Men
My favorite from the list is Dreamer, though I don't see it as sweet.
This was easy - Jaipur! I don't like sweet scents, and I don't consider Jaipur to be a sweet scent.
Givenchy Play Intense. Not much love, but a very nice scent.
Last edited by Geikamir; 7th April 2010 at 08:38 AM.
Sell/Trade-- Issey Miyake(Summer '09)~Calvin Klein(One Summer '07 & '09)~Eau De Grey Flannel
I went with Fleur du Male.
I have always been a classic powerhouse person, but nowadays i find myself taking a keen interest in strong sweet frags.
ointments and perfume delight the heart....