Code of Conduct

Default Smells just like Tom Ford-Tobacco Vanille????

Anyone smell anything really close to or just like Tom Fords Tobacco Vanille????

Default Re: Smells just like Tom Ford-Tobacco Vanille????

Have you tried Bogart Pour Homme? If so, how would you compare the two?

Try L'Occitane Ambre. It's the base of TV.

Also, I have always found Hermès Ambre Narguilé and L'Artisan Tea for Two in the same genre. Same amber bases, different themes. (honey tobacco vs. cinnamon apple pie vs. milky tea)
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Basenotes Institution

Tea for Two by L'Artisan Parfumeur and/or Spiriteuese Double Vanille by Guerlain

Of course these are only similar. There is nothing that smells exactly like Tobacco Vanille.

I haven't come across anything that smells even remotely like it, but then again I haven't tried many perfumes. Tobacco Vanille is very thick, dark and robust, I'm sure there's an EDP that smells like it. But, if it's a matter of price.. I doubt you'll find any EDT that can hang with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Have you tried Bogart Pour Homme? If so, how would you compare the two?
    Haven't tried Bogart Pour Homme yet but I am gonna buy a bottle of it because I hear reviews of it having a sweet pipe tobacco smell,which is my favorite accord,I love pipe tobacco like a cherry or vanilla cavendish. If you recomend anything similar or Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille like,I'm all ears lol

maybe my memory fails me, but imo both Lolita Lempicka au Masculin & Mugler's Innocent develop very similarly on me like Tobacco Vanille. i need to make another wrist by wrist testing...

Nothing quite like it yet.
    Bogart ph is great and dirt cheap though.
    And lasts just as long with slightly less sweetness.

Back to Black by Kilian replaces Vanilla with Honey.
    Guerlain's Spiriteuse Double Vanille eliminates the Tobacco.

Fumerie Turque by Serge Lutens is quite similar, but with a strong stronger emphasis on the tobacco and with less vanilla. While still quite different, this is the closest fragrance to TV that I've smelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoglio italianO View Post
    Haven't tried Bogart Pour Homme yet but I am gonna buy a bottle of it because I hear reviews of it having a sweet pipe tobacco smell,which is my favorite accord,I love pipe tobacco like a cherry or vanilla cavendish. If you recomend anything similar or Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille like,I'm all ears lol
    Alhtough very different Michael by Michael Kors has a wonderful cherry pipe tobacco/suede accord. Great fall scent.

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    Alhtough very different Michael by Michael Kors has a wonderful cherry pipe tobacco/suede accord. Great fall scent.
    How do Michael for Men and Bogart PH compare? I love Michael for Men, is it any point getting Bogart PH too (I know it's cheap, but my collection starting to grow a little too big now).

There is also Dolcissimo from Hilde Soliani, that is similar to tobacco vanille, but with a cherry pipe tobacco aura.
    And I agree with gupts, Back to Black is a cousin of Tobacco Vanille too

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    And I agree with gupts, Back to Black is a cousin of Tobacco Vanille too
    I find Back to Black to be a very non-everyday-wear type of fragrance, whereas Tobacco Vanille I can wear most days. Back to Black is so heavy on my skin and formal.

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    I find Back to Black to be a very non-everyday-wear type of fragrance, whereas Tobacco Vanille I can wear most days. Back to Black is so heavy on my skin and formal.
    Maybe is because of the boozy aspects of Back to Black?
    Well i ended selling mine, since i could detect the chamomille note in this one and i didn`t enjoyed that aroma. It has a kind of burnt flower aroma on me...

Dependent

I can't say that I've tried anything quite similar. Compared to many of the vanilla heavyweights, I do not find vanilla to be as prominent or explicit in TV. To my nose, it is a lot of honey (Beeswax), spice and tobacco. I need to do a side-by-side with Back to Black very soon, got a nice-sized sample of B2B recently. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoglio italianO View Post
    People rave about Bogart PH, but it's just not for me. TV smells like 1000 dollars. Bogart smells like 1000 pennies.
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

Nothing so far compares IMO. A little goes a long way though, so you can always make do with a decant if you can't spring for a full bottle.

I'm throwing in with those that say nothing really. I haven't exhausted sampling of tobacco-vanilla style scents, but this one really stands out as distinctive to me.

There are other nice tobacco vanilla scents, but TV has a pretty distinct niche carved out for itself. I don't think there is a "smells just like..." for a lot less money.

If there was something similar to TV (and cheaper), Basenotes would be raving about it.

L'Occitane-Eau des Baux
    a more wearable on daily basic version of TV
    and the price even seems more reasonable too

gotta agree, I've smelled a lot and own many of the one mentioned above and none of them really compare. The good news is this stuff goes a long way, like 1-2 sprays is all you need for 10+ hours, so even a 5-10ml decant will last a while.

I recall one of the Santa Maria Novella's being like a light version of TFTV, sort of a tobacco and honey thing. Maybe it was Cuba? Or maybe it's Tobacco Toscano? Anyone know which one I mean?
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir - PATCHOULI ABSOLU
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress, Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura, Azure Lime, Champacca Absolute

HARD TO FIND - Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Blog Entries

how does Burbury London compare to Tobacco Vanille?

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    I recall one of the Santa Maria Novella's being like a light version of TFTV, sort of a tobacco and honey thing. Maybe it was Cuba? Or maybe it's Tobacco Toscano? Anyone know which one I mean?
    I haven't tried Cuba, so that might be similar, although from I gather it's all cigars and leather. Toscana is more tobacco and vanille, which is what I would expect to smell like TV, but to me it's more like Bulgari Black (but much much better!). No, I don't think SMN has anything comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by IKL View Post
    Fumerie Turque by Serge Lutens is quite similar, but with a strong stronger emphasis on the tobacco and with less vanilla. While still quite different, this is the closest fragrance to TV that I've smelled.
    This is what I was thinking, too, although a side by side comparison puts them miles apart. And yet, in afterthought, everytime I think of FT as the closest thing to TV.

There is no other perfume remotely close to TV and therefore it is worth every penny. TV is a beautiful cozy fragrance that I can wear daily unlike many others.
    Currently looking for Ava Luxe Midnight Violet

Visit my offsite sales thread for other items for sale - just updated!
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=265#265

Quote Originally Posted by CX827 View Post
    L'Occitane-Eau des Baux
    a more wearable on daily basic version of TV
    and the price even seems more reasonable too
    I love EdB, but I don't personally think it smells too much like TV.

Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    I love EdB, but I don't personally think it smells too much like TV.
    Same here, one nice fragrance that fits for many different occasions. Sometime TV is just a bit too much.