Code of Conduct

Default same cologne everyday?

Okay so do you think wearing the same cologne everyday is a good idea? wont ppl get so used to the smell that they wont appreciate it anymore? I really like this one cologne i am using, but i dont other ppl to be immune to that smell eventually.

Default Re: same cologne everyday?

Usually the only person that gets used to a scent is us! Sometimes we get so used to it that we put too much on because we stop smelling it. However most people are not so close to us all day that they stop smelling something. More likely they will associate one scent with you and think of you any time they smell it. That's the best part of having a signature scent! I still smell my mom's perfume when we hug, I've never grown "immune" to it and she's only used about 3 different ones in my whole life.

A lot of the people on this forum probably change scents for going out or work, summer vs winter, and so on. That way it's easy to rotate through and enjoy a larger wardrobe.
    Last edited by onceling; 7th April 2010 at 04:24 AM.

I don't wear the same scent too often, mainly because I don't want to grow tired of them. The colognes I love, I really-really love. I'm always fearful of growing tired of that smell. It's odd.
    Last edited by Geikamir; 7th April 2010 at 08:29 AM.
    Sell/Trade-- Issey Miyake(Summer '09)~Calvin Klein(One Summer '07 & '09)~Eau De Grey Flannel

Buy/Swap-- http://www.basenotes.net/threads/250...e-Want-Edition.

so its really up to me? i can wear the same cologne all year and the same ppl will think i smell good?

yes of course!
    but that's boring
    I suggest having at least 3 of your favorite scents as a part of your wardrobe
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

If you like it, wear it everyday. That's it, you probably LOVE IT, if you're taking that into consideration. No one gets used to the smell BUT YOU, and if it's something very good, it becomes a part of your personal signature. I, for myself, have always enjoyed smelling the same scents on people if those were something I liked very much. Being around them felt cosy and familiar, in a good way .

Sur la Plage

If you want to wear the same fragrance every day, then do it. Many people have a "signature scent". I prefer to wear different scents.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

I change almost everyday,
    but sometimes I'll repeat
    a frag for a couple of days
    in a row ... to each his own!

Quote Originally Posted by onceling View Post
    Usually the only person that gets used to a scent is us! Sometimes we get so used to it that we put too much on because we stop smelling it.
    I totally agree with this. I seem to get long-term scent immunity if I wear the same fragrance day after day.

Actually...lately I change the perfume almost everytime I enter and leave the house. Can happen up to... 2-3 times... if the perfume is stronger, I take a short shower, and I can apply the next. Why not enjoy the perfumes, if I have them...
    "Diego: Why did you do that? you could've died trying to rescue me.
    Manfred: That's what you do in a herd: you look out for each other. " (Ice Age)

Quote Originally Posted by smellgood123 View Post
    so its really up to me? i can wear the same cologne all year and the same ppl will think i smell good?
    Absolutely. Just enjoy smelling good, whether you wear one fragrance or dozens.

This is a timely question. This past weekend I was traveling, and I took one scent: Hermes Equipage. That is a fairly substantial woody spice scent. I also have it in shower gel and stick deodorant. So I can get the "Equipage experience" in a layered way.
    The first day I wore it, I could smell it all day. As I said, it is a substantial scent.
    Days 2-3-4 (despite showering & deodorizing and spritizing) I grew less aware of it. Instead of all day, it stopped "registering" for me after about an hour.
    So the issue is -- do you wear scent to please others, or to please yourself?
    I am not too concerned about others, since I wear small amounts of perfume which suit me. So I usually wear a different scent every day, and enjoy the newness of each one.
    Last edited by odysseusm; 7th April 2010 at 03:19 PM.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

just like dating, id try a bunch out before settling on one. decants can help this, if youre so inclined.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by smellgood123 View Post
    Most Definitely! Though, it is impossible to speak for others around you - whether they prefer you with the habit of switching scents to sticking entirely to one, is something only you would eventually find out on your own.

I personally prefer variety, but I know of friends who religiously wore just one scent, and they smelled good to me from day 1 to a few years later.

well sometimes it depends on not only you but also your colleagues, though its none of their business but one may think we do not have any other scent to wear so better do some change in some time so that neither you nor your closed ones get bored of it.
    i mean you may have two or three favorite fragrance so why stick to only one??

The rotation/alternation of a cologne is up to everyone's private, personal choice. Yet some frags are actually that good and that timeless that, although their perception is highly subjective, they are also quite likely to be constantly perceived as well crafted, even if they are being worn with no alternation, e.g. for a year in a row

variety is the spice of life.
    Forcing Memories into Everyones Brains One Fragrance at a Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Torx View Post
    variety is the spice of life.
    This man speaks truth.
    Sell/Trade-- Issey Miyake(Summer '09)~Calvin Klein(One Summer '07 & '09)~Eau De Grey Flannel

Buy/Swap-- http://www.basenotes.net/threads/250...e-Want-Edition.

I like to change it up from time to time but I have no aversion to wearing the same scent every day...especially if I regard it as being my signature smell. Then people just tend to associate it with me.