Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Incense; I AM Smitten!

Monsieur Bertrand Duchaufour has taken by breath away with his mastery of incense. I am smitten. I have a small sample of Timbuktu which, when worn today, simply took me aback with it's ability to surpass any expectations. Timbuktu is an enchantress beguiling with an alchemy of incense, wood and resin. I find it irresistible and addicting. I will be acquiring a large bottle of this exotic work of art. I have, below, repeated the notes as listed in the Frangrance Directory here on Base Notes. In summation I can say with resolve: ummmmmmmmmmh! Four Tesla Stars. ****

Top Notes
    Mango, Berries, Pink Pepper, Cardamom.

Middle Notes
    Karo Karounde Flower, Papyrus Wood, Frankincense.

Base Notes
    Myrrh, Vetiver, Patchouli, Benzoin.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 18th June 2010 at 11:25 PM.

Default Re: Incense; I AM Smitten!

N_Tesla, I think you are entering the fascinating world of incense. I can imagine you probably would like Nu, Silver Factory, Passage d'Enfer.
    What other experiences do you have with incense?
    From L'Artisan, another good one is Dzongkha. I may like that one better than Timbuktu
    Evenstar

Blog Entries

arwen_elf; First, it is good to hear from you and yes I am fascinated with Incense fragrances. I have Nu and Kyoto. Thanks so much for the heads up on Dzongkha. I will try to get a sample of that. I am also looking forward to trying Avignon and the others you mentioned. What a wonderful experience this fragrance adventure. Every day a new game of discovery is afoot!

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    N_Tesla, I think you are entering the fascinating world of incense. I can imagine you probably would like Nu, Silver Factory, Passage d'Enfer.
    What other experiences do you have with incense?
    From L'Artisan, another good one is Dzongkha. I may like that one better than Timbuktu

Tesla, you are soooo funny! I, too, love the concept of incense fumes. One of the reasons I love my 22 so is because it is so incense-y on me. I've never tried Timbuktu but Dzongkha is outstanding. It is amazing the calm reflection it imparts. Of the CdG Incense series I've tried Jaisalmer and Ourzazate, neither of which I would purchase but both of which are intriguing because of what they are. I think I preferred Ourz.

Yes! Incense is one of my favorite notes. Dzongkha is excellent, and so is Avignon, in a different way. You are embarking on a wonderful adventure.
    Blog: www.perfumenw.blogspot.com
    Website: Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes http://orchidscents.com.

Blog Entries

Ah, yes - it's great when you find that incense scent that really gets you. For me, the first one was TDC Sens et Bois, and the second BIG one was Armani Prive Bois d'Encens. But I have to admit - Timbuktu is just amazing stuff. It's one of those scents that you remember exactly where you were when you first tried it.

Good for you!

Blog Entries

If you're enjoying Timbuktu, I'd suggest a sampling of Eau d'Italie's Paestum Rose, which takes Timbuktu a few steps more floral and spicy.

Another interesting one to try, if you can get past the terrible name, is Six Scents 2's Solar Donkey Power, which is like a citric, more-refreshing Timbuktu with more creamy cypress in the base instead of the dusty antique woods.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

I love incense fragrances but something about Timbuktu just does not gel with my chemistry. I get too much fruit going on.

Now N_Tesla you must move into the warm incense and the cold incense groups.

Commes des Garcons 2
    Donna Karan Chaos and Black Cashmere is you can still get hold of it.
    Etro Messe de Minute
    Passage de Enfer(another from L'Artsian)

Are some suggestions for you to try.
    DONNA

Incense is funky for me...the two faves I've found are:

Bois d'Armenie - Guerlain
    Josef Statkus - Juozas Statkevicius

Basenotes Institution

Timbuktu is gorgeous.

I recently dug out my sample of Olibanum by Ava Luxe- my word- I did not appreciate it years back - but to me now, it smells divine. Long lasting ,frankincense ,just wonderful. I must check if this is no longer sold.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Tesla- Just curious, iwth that myrrh, frank. and benzoin my guess is this slips into the sweet spot after a while. is this true on you, or do you like sweeter scents? The first perfume I ever bought was an incense (Bois D'armenie), so this genre speaks to me as well, but only when it dries down to a warm crackle.

Look forward to more of your recent findings!
    Passionate supporter of parrot welfare www.thegabrielfoundation.org

And don't forget Encens et Bubblegum by Etat Libre d'Orange. It's not only a fun fragrance, but quite nice, imo.

I love incense too, and Duchaufour's Paestum Rose is a favorite. Recently sampled Scents of Time's Maya which has a strong Copal incense and I think this type may be one that I find most appealing, it has a depth and warmth that combines with the vanilla & chocolate in the fragrance that is really incredibly nice. Just wish it was longer lasting.

Basenotes Plus

Mate, you must try Silver Factory, Bond is very much hit and miss but when they get it right, boy do they hit a home run. Beautiful aroma, perfect sillage, tenaciaous longevity - I love the stuff. Reckon you would too.