Code of Conduct

Default L'Eau Par Kenzo Similarities?

I own Agua de Loewe by Loewe and Issey Miyake already...and I've concluded from reviews that L'Eau Par Kenzo must smell somewhat similar to one of these two or both. Does it? If not, what would you compare it to? I LOVE Agua de Loewe, and in few weeks time I've had it, I've gotten enough compliments to assume others that get close enough to me do too...

So is L'Eau Par Kenzo worth purchasing if I have these two already? Judging again by the reviews, it does seem a bit run of the mill, which I almost always hate, but I can still appreciate a solid fresh compliment garner.

Is it worth it?

Default Re: L'Eau Par Kenzo Similarities?

No, it smells nothing like those.. It's much much more soft and subtle. It literally smells like water from a pool in an ok way. I don't think it's worth the money, it doesn't last. Here are some that remind me of it though.

Nautica Oceans
    Swiss Army Mountain Water
    Only The Brave

I honestly can't think of any more, Par Kenzo is pretty random stuff.

Starts off like lemonade to me, then switches into like a pink lemonade, then into a synthetic green pepper in the base. Different to say the least, but not horrible at all. The opening is very lemony and refreshing.

Go to the Kenzo site, find their contact info and email them for a free sample. Just say that you're in the hunt for a new fragrance and would love to try this. I did this about 2 weeks ago and they sent me this and Power, as well as some nasty eucalyptus ridden female scent from their house. Be sure to be polite and give your address in the initial message to them, so they don't have to ask you and wait on an email.
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 8th April 2010 at 12:36 AM.

Kerosene

I adore the Kenzo House. Power is my favorite and L'Eau Par is my second. It does open up very lemony and fresh, but the drydown is soft, not overpowering and a little creamy. I love it.

IMO it's different than the two you have. Others might say otherwise.

Kerosene

I'll also add since Im wearing L'eau Par today that it's a fragrance that smells better the warmer you get. Im pretty active at work today and the fragrance really opened up as I warmed up and in a really good way.

I'm also wearing L'eau Par Kenzo today. Is it the Yuzu that gives it that unique smell? Another Yuzu frag on my maybe list is something called Ted Baker M. I wonder if this is similar to L'eau Par.

L'eau par Kenzo Indigo is better IMO. I agree that the L'eau par Kenzo pour homme doesn't last.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

nothing really smells similar in a good way.
    L'Eau Par Kenzo ph is the ultimate chlorinated-aquatic.
    Haven't yet smelled the "Indigo" or "Ice" flankers, but would like to.

L'Eau D'Issey lasts all day on me.
    L'Eau par Kenzo is only good on me for 3 or 4 hours - but it does smell very good, I have to admit.
    Renato.

I bought L'Eau par Kenzo blind based on advice I got here on BN. I was very pleased.

It's more than just lemonade in the opening. There is something with more substance in there. Something that can be related to Key Lime Pie, maybe (which I LOVE the the K.L.P. smell). It's very subtle, behind the lemon peels. It's really quite nice.
    Sell/Trade-- Issey Miyake(Summer '09)~Calvin Klein(One Summer '07 & '09)~Eau De Grey Flannel

Buy/Swap-- http://www.basenotes.net/threads/250...e-Want-Edition.

it's the perfect summer fragrance. it lasts quite a lot if it's hot outside and the scent keeps coming back through the day. It's not just a simple fresh scent. It is velvety, creamy and soft.

When I was a kid growing up in southern Florida we lived close to a lemon grove. No such thing as air conditioning back them but we had an enormous ceiling fan in the middle of the house that drew cool night air in from every window. I smell those night time lemon blossoms whenever I wear L' eau PK and the really great thing about it is that you can never put on too much. Just be sure to get it on the inside of your shirt so that when you breath you get that sweetly scented bellows effect around your collar. The tear drop shaped bottle lasts a bit longer but not so much as to justify what sellers are asking for it now.

Quote Originally Posted by noirwest View Post
    When I was a kid growing up in southern Florida we lived close to a lemon grove. No such thing as air conditioning back them but we had an enormous ceiling fan in the middle of the house that drew cool night air in from every window. I smell those night time lemon blossoms whenever I wear L' eau PK and the really great thing about it is that you can never put on too much. Just be sure to get it on the inside of your shirt so that when you breath you get that sweetly scented bellows effect around your collar. The tear drop shaped bottle lasts a bit longer but not so much as to justify what sellers are asking for it now.

I bet that was nice. I grew up in a place famous for it's onions.... >.>
    Sell/Trade-- Issey Miyake(Summer '09)~Calvin Klein(One Summer '07 & '09)~Eau De Grey Flannel

Buy/Swap-- http://www.basenotes.net/threads/250...e-Want-Edition.

I wonder if anyone else smells a similiarity between L'Eau Par Kenzo and Herrera Aqua? I sure did. Similar, not twins.
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Thanks for all of your responses. I contacted Kenzo about getting a sample, as The_Cologneist suggested, so hopefully I'll hear back from them. I'm sure I'll like it, though. The general consensus seems to be that you all appreciate it for what it is. And to clarify, L'Eau d'Issey and Agua de Loewe aren't the ONLY two fragrances I own lol....I own A LOT more....but I originally just assumed that the smell of LpK was probably most similar to those two.

Also @bossanova_boy, I read in another post that a few people did see similarities to Herrera Aqua (maybe that was your post?), which I also have and like. Has this slight kinda...vodka thing going on. Airy, but slightly heavy if that makes any sense. I'm interested to see how the L'Eau Par Kenzo compares.

Thanks again
    Last edited by RoyalBlue; 8th April 2010 at 02:21 PM.