Code of Conduct

Default Got a sample of Erolfa - not terribly impressed.

I received a 2.5ml sample of Erolfa today. I found a bottle of the shower gel for £20 a few weeks back and love it. However I'm not too keen on the sample I received today. It's sour-smelling, a bit like Terre D'Hermes. It lasts a fair while though. Top marks for longevity. I'll be giving this particular Creed fragrance a miss. MI is still the best Creed I've had the pleasure of smelling. I thought Erolfa would be similar, but it's actually very different.

Default Re: Got a sample of Erolfa - not terribly impressed.

I love Erolfa. One of my favourites. I like that salty sea-breeze note. I`m not sure, but i think maby it`s been a bit reformulated after the new bottle came. The new samples i own, is a bit fresher and more citrusy in the top notes. My bottle (with old design) is more salty and "dirty", and has great staying-power. The basenotes are the same.. Fresh, casual, yet sophisticated.

I find it similar to MI, but a lot sourer! It's really not my cup of tea!

Definitely reformulated with the new bottle in the way oslo described above
    Last edited by hirch_duckfinder; 7th April 2010 at 06:34 PM.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

I love most Creeds that I've tried but Erolfa was a scrubber on me. I tried it out blind, and I'll agree that it was nothing at ALL that I thought it would be.

Made me rather queasy, in fact!

Sur la Plage

Erolfa is quite nasty IMO.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

To appreciate Erolfa, you have to think back to a time when aquatics/oceanics were very unusual--this was the first really good ocaenic scent that I ever smelled--now there are so many around, for better or for worse....

If you can associate Erolfa in any way to Terre D'Hermes, I think you may have a bad sample.

While Erolfa is not my favorite Creed, it is still one of the best oceanic/aquatics there is.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

Its a yawner like most Creed scents

Wow, I'm surprised at the thoughts on this thread. I like Erolfa, quite a bit actually. But I don't find anything difficult about it, on my skin it comes off as something I'd imagine would have the same likeability factor of Millesime Imperial. I mean, it's salty citrus, not much more.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Wow. I am a huge fan of Erolfa - maybe it's just my skin chemistry, but it smells great and I get lots of compliments on it. It's really great if you layer with a light overspray of Silver Mountain Water, too (a trick I learned on BN).

Perhaps it's my Florida upbringing, but it reminds me of the quintessential beach trip: salt air; marine/oceanic; not overly complex but terribly unique, even with all the other aquatics out there.

I fell in love with Erolfa from the sample I had of it
    I have never purchased a bottle though, as I have too many aquatics to get another
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

I have only one aquatic in my collection, and this is it. Normaly a fragrance-group i don`t like, but this is totaly unique and so nice. I don`t understand all the bad comments here..

I really love Erolfa. I reserve it for summer evenings and I have a real color association thing with it also. I only wear Erolfa with deep blue colored dress shirts--and they complement each other perfectly. I have one shirt that I bought second-hand in a goodwill store years ago, but it's my favorite shirt. It's a velvety, deep blue corduroy shirt-- probably the only shirt I have a nickname for, I call it "Blue Velvet"-- but everytime I wear it, Erolfa is the scent that goes with it. I can't picture wearing Erolfa with anything other than a blue shirt.

I didn't like older bottles of Erolfa when I tried them, very heavy and dull muted seaweed/wax/cumin/salt, not much fresh or bright about it. For over a year, all the testers I sampled from were from 04 or 05, then Nieman Marcus finally put out a new tester, and I bought a flacon that week after verifying the lot number from 08.
    I think To fully understand Erolfa, wear a large application from a fresh bottle, and you can see how all these ingredients make for a most realistic image of being on the sea, near the coastline:

Ozone, Sea Salt, Marine Algae, Seaweed, Lemon, Bergamot, Orange, Lime, Morrocan Tangerine, Mandarin, Violet, Honeydew Melon, Jasmine, Cyclamen, Ginger, Coriander, Pepper, Caesarean Basil, Rosemary, Cumin, Pine, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Musk, Ambergris

@OP, I can see a very slight similarity to Terre D'Hermes, in that they are both tart, and both especially "rugged" scents.
    Last edited by DULLAH; 7th April 2010 at 08:33 PM.

Indie_Guy has his blue shirt and I've the belief Erolfa is the best when worn by the sea and the breeze rolls inland.
    Another reformulation? Great, I ran out of it in late Spring of '09--I think.

Now I've got to figure out if it was the 08 lot number or the earlier one---

Cry me a River,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Quote Originally Posted by Olfactor View Post
    I am a huge fan of Erolfa.
    Me too.

it's ok, not my all time fav. I will have to re-smell it.

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Wow, I'm surprised at the thoughts on this thread. I like Erolfa, quite a bit actually. But I don't find anything difficult about it, on my skin it comes off as something I'd imagine would have the same likeability factor of Millesime Imperial. I mean, it's salty citrus, not much more.
    Yeah, I feel the same way. I'm not a huge fan of Creed, but Erolfa is OK. Citrus, calone, and some salty iodine-like (iodinic?) notes. Nothing at all like MI. I can see how some would not like it. Have not tried the "reformulation" (which I imagine may just be more of the same old Creed batch variance that is so often noted).
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

Erolfa to me has always exemplified the supreme conceit that is Creed as a whole.

It's opening is beautiful, then... well, after that there is no then. It disappears like the Cheshire Cat, leaving only the smile of the cat it once was.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

It's good for extending the longevity of Neroli and other citrus scents. Layer away. But I'm not crazy about Erolfa.

Quote Originally Posted by crispsandwich View Post
    I received a 2.5ml sample of Erolfa today. I found a bottle of the shower gel for £20 a few weeks back and love it. However I'm not too keen on the sample I received today. It's sour-smelling, a bit like Terre D'Hermes. It lasts a fair while though. Top marks for longevity. I'll be giving this particular Creed fragrance a miss. MI is still the best Creed I've had the pleasure of smelling. I thought Erolfa would be similar, but it's actually very different.
    From the many samples I was given a few years ago, it ranked right after BdP with me. I refreshed my memory a few weeks ago and then decided to maybe buy that one soon. Then I went to the store and thought the girl had made an error and sprayed my arm with the wrong bottle. But no! This new stuff was just totally different and I would say below their standards. Shocked at first, I am now rather annoyed. :-(
    Last edited by narcus; 8th April 2010 at 03:45 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Your description leaves me puzzled.

On me, it's not sour at all, and it has poor longevity - it's like we're talking about totally different scents.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    I love Erolfa. One of my favourites. I like that salty sea-breeze note. I`m not sure, but i think maby it`s been a bit reformulated after the new bottle came. The new samples i own, is a bit fresher and more citrusy in the top notes. My bottle (with old design) is more salty and "dirty", and has great staying-power. The basenotes are the same.. Fresh, casual, yet sophisticated.
    Renato: Here is the answer..