Code of Conduct

Thread: Fragrance.

Blog Entries

Exclamation Fragrance.

I cannot now imagine living in this world without one of things that brings great joy to my life and that is fragrance. The sensory organ, in the person of the nose, is the sense most overlooked. To see, to touch
    to feel with emotion, and to stop to smell the roses. I am truly sorry for the millions who are bereft of the experience of being pleasantly addicted to the olfactory bliss of perfume. My experience has opened me to take note of all manner of smells; to learn and enjoy them. Does fragrance make you happy, as it does me? Has fragrance improved your life? Here is your opportunity to put into words what fragrance has done for you and your life. Don't be shy. I have the feeling all who read your comments will have a predisposition of empathy. Tell us your story. Perhaps you could start with "I love fragrance because....."
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 7th April 2010 at 06:42 PM.

Default Re: Fragrance.

I wish essay questions in middle school were more like this, I could have written for hours...

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

It makes me feel more alive; like another part of me has just been 'switched on'. And it makes me look at the world with fresh senses, and I get pretty much the same feeling of amazement as I did the first time I scuba dived...that there is a big beautiful world waiting to be explored. Love the feeling!

Basenotes Institution

Happy ? Happy, D ? ! Fragrance has held me up when all else fails !
    Perfume is a legal drug .............
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I think fragrance makes me more aware of the world we live in. You tend to appreciate all the things in life that one takes for granted. I can not imagine ever being without fragrance. The thought of it actually scares me.

Hillaire

I think I love fragrances because my mind seems to have an olfactive vocabulary that is totally wordless and yet totally intircate, like I understand a very complex universal language of beauty... introduced by way of my nose, calcualted by my brain, and interpreted by my emotions.
    I also think I like learning about scents and notes so much because it's such a VAST encyclopedic undertaking. And my desire for precociousness and expertise is continually challenged.

I like that I can consume as much as I want and my ass won't get fat.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    Happy ? Happy, D ? ! Fragrance has held me up when all else fails !
    I remember a character in A Fish Called Wanda named Otto. He had a habit of sniffing at his own armpits when he's freaking out...maybe he'd sprayed some amazing fragrance there!

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    Perfume is a legal drug .............
    Not if IFRA has its way...

Quote Originally Posted by Emlynevermore View Post
    LOL. Amen to that.
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 11th April 2010 at 05:13 PM.

I love fragrance because...

it's one of life's sensual pleasures, like great food and fine wine...and (to echo the above post) you can't get fat from too much perfume.
    Last edited by Primrose; 11th April 2010 at 05:14 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Emlynevermore View Post
    Gotta add my own ' Amen to that' !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    I love fragrance because...

it's one of life's sensual pleasures, like great food and fine wine...
    This sums up my thoughts well.

I love fragrance because the happiest and most memorable moments (not all of them happy) have scent connecting them. When I smell a particular type of musk I remember my late grandmother. When I smell a particular grassy scent, I am taken back to the time when I was not thinking about getting through school or finding a career, I was simply enjoying life as a child. When I smell a scent that is like the ozone before a thunderstorm, I am simply happy and remembering walking through that rain without a care. The "dirtiest" and the "prettiest" scents all hold memory. The senses are amazing, and the sense of smell and how it is tied so much to memory and to emotion, amazes me even more. Scent makes me incredibly happy; envigorates me when I feel tired; makes me happy when I feel sad; makes special moments last "forever" in my mind. If I could bottle and wear the scent of the sagebrush and bottlebrush and mineralic dust, gasoline, ozone, sweat, from the trips my family made when I was a child, I know I would always remember that time.

Can you, simply by thinking, remember a scent? Yes... you can nearly, and sometimes clearly, smell it. That is a wonder of the mind and of the senses.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!