Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Smile Xerjoff Fragrances - Cairomerta,Sergio Momo and Me !

So I have finally gotten my feet back on US soil. One of the first places I hit was Luckyscent. I think I drove Angela alittle nuts. I returned in the afternoon and DH bought me Vero Profumo's Rubj 15 mls extrait as a welcome home gift.

The other great highlight of my 2nd visit to Luckyscent that afternoon was bumping into Cairomerta ( basenoter ) and Sergio Momo of Xerjoff Perfumes. I was so thrilled to meet another basenoter in the flesh and to meet Sergio as well........

Sergio Momo ( with jacket ) and Cairomerta

Me looking like the cat who's got the cream - oh yeah ! Van Cleef and Arpels Gardenia Petale clutched in my hot little hands ....

Sergio and Cairomerta have very kindly sent me 18 samples - the entire line of Xerjoff fragrances . *Thanks both of you*

They look beautiful and I can't wait to sample these juices.

I will sample them and pass them on to another Basenoter who would like to sample them. Just PM me and we can add our little sample reviews to this thread .
    If we can pass them around interested Basenoters , that'll be cool- we can all compare reviews etc.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 8th April 2010 at 04:21 AM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Default Re: Xerjoff Fragrances - Cairomerta,Sergio Momo and Me !

Oh! Fun, fun, fun! You look great, and welcome home! Sounds like you had a great time at Luckyscent, and have your sampling work cut out for you.
    Please post your thoughts on these frags, I have always wondered about them.

Hi Mysticknot. It was a pleasure to meet you too. I was out for the weekend with Sergio showing him all around Los Angeles. He loved LA!

A lot of exciting things are coming to the USA regarding Xerjoff so keep an eye out!! I hope to meet you again soon!

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by cairomerta View Post
    Hi Mysticknot. It was a pleasure to meet you too. I was out for the weekend with Sergio showing him all around Los Angeles. He loved LA!

A lot of exciting things are coming to the USA regarding Xerjoff so keep an eye out!! I hope to meet you again soon!
    It was fab to meet you K ! I love LA too ! The samples are beautiful - I can't wait to try them out- thank you SO much ! *GRIN*

Welcome hooommmmeeeee Mysticknot! You look beautiful by the way! I love your bob, it gives you a vintage-contemporary look It's very thoughtful of your DH to buy you Rubj extrait. It sure is yummy! Tart, indolic and juicy! I hear the upcoming EDP is even more indolic with the addition of passionfruit! I didn't know Luckyscent would be carrying the Xerjoff line. Any idea when they will be available online?! Nice to see cairomerta also! I'm planning to come to LA in July and visiting luckyscent as well as possibly seeing a few BN'ers too!

Nice one mysticknot!
    XerJoff produce some of my absolute favourite fragrances!! You are certainly in for a treat with these!
    Irisss, 17/17 Homme, Fiore d'Ulivo and Modoc are my top 4!

You're looking fab, especially after a long trip, and its nice to put a face finally to Cairomerta's name. Sounds like you all had much fun.

Wow, what a way to return home. I was impressed with the quality of the Xerjoffs. Personally adore Kobe. They have 4 new ones coming out (three of them targeting men) which I'll be trying soon. Great for you to have met Sergio Momo, too. And I didn't know cairomerta had become a fragrance insider .
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Hey everyone. You should follow Xerjoff on facebook and that way you can get updates for new releases and items! Here is the link

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...7652671?ref=mf

love it !! great to see some Bners i respect

Thanks Jenson. beautiful blog by the way!

Basenotes Institution

I will starting a new thread I think for sampling and reviews. Right now I have tried the two exquisite perfumes from the Xerjoff Vintage Collection- Fiore d'Ulivo and Mefisto. they are so 'italian', great quality and beautiful. I shall post further on a new thread. So far, gorgeous in development!

Cairomerta is sending me another set of samples so we have ample to share out for the sniffing group.
    Don't be shy now guys and dolls- just PM me if you want to be next in line to test these out.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    I will starting a new thread I think for sampling and reviews. Right now I have tried the two exquisite perfumes from the Xerjoff Vintage Collection- Fiore d'Ulivo and Mefisto. they are so 'italian', great quality and beautiful. I shall post further on a new thread. So far, gorgeous in development!

Cairomerta is sending me another set of samples so we have ample to share out for the sniffing group.
    Don't be shy now guys and dolls- just PM me if you want to be next in line to test these out.
    Mysticknot, there is also some very good reading on the XerJoff line in this thread here.

Hi everyone. I think this is a good time to let everyone know what I was doing with Sergio and what is going on. I am working with Sergio to set up local distribution of the Xerjoff line in the USA. I have been a long time fan of Xerjoff and have become good friends with Sergio and now we will be working together to have this line carried here.

Sergio has seen peoples responses to the line and has come out with the Shooting stars line available in really beautiful silk pouches which are then put into a beautifully decorated cardboard box. The full gift box presentations will still be available too. The new silk pouch options will be priced at $345 for 50ml. They will also be available in 100ml's.

Xerjoff will also be coming out with 100ml EDP of the 17/17 line. They will be clear glass bottles like the shooting stars line but with beautiful different stone plaques on the front. (Homme is black, XXY blue, Irisss Green and Elle tannish brown.) These will all be beautiful cut slabs put on the front. I have seen them. They will available in fall and the prices will be a lot more accessible for everyone but still valued more than the rest of the line. Around high $600's I believe

I have spoken to him and he is very aware of basenoters (Loves the site) and wants to available to everyone. So what I am going to do in the next month or so when all is set up, I will set up a thread where people will be able to submit questions and I will choose the top 10 or so and send them his way so he can answer them and have everyone get to know the line some more.

I also have in stock a fair amount of samples to give out. Shooting stars, 17/17 and Casamorati. I will prepare a men's set and a womens set (Mens will include all 3 lines and womens will include all 3 lines) of the line and send them out.

What I would like to do is for the first round of samples is the following:

The first 5 men and 5 women who PM me will get the first round of samples. This can only be for members in the USA. Sorry but the cost to send these out will be expensive. Please include your addresses in the PM's. I will announce who the winners are after I reach 5 men and 5 women.

I will follow up after with a second round of samples at a later time. Good luck.

Also, those who do not get into the first round, Mysticknot is kind enough to help out in a sample go around. You can contact her for details. Thanks Mystic!
    Last edited by cairomerta; 9th April 2010 at 01:03 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Thanks Dimi! Wow ! These are expensive fragrances but you can smell top notch quality. ( Guerlain - ahem! - are you listening . Sorry a gripe with Guerlain recently.......... )
    Thanks Cairomerta - so far the two I have tried so far are beautiful . Lasting ,progresses very nicely , a joy to wear and unisex.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 9th April 2010 at 05:32 AM.

Still some space available to receive sample sets. Send me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post

Mefisto and Fiore d'Ulivo from the Casamorati range are probably the hardest to get hold of. I've yet to come across any store that sells these two, although you can buy direct from Xerjoff in Italy.

The Casamorati line really is an impressive line based on old Italian perfumery. The notes really pop. Mefisto is a really exquisite citrus lavender bland that has a really unusual creaminess to it. It lasts forever for a citrus scent. As Dimitri stated in earlier posts, it has a Creed Silver mountain water feel to it but the ingredients and longevity blow it out of the water. I'm a big fan of this one.

Fiore d'Ulivo is the women's one but it is surprisingly unisex. It is a unique citrus scent for women that has a really nice jasmine and magnolia note in it.

You are right though. Harrods doesn't carry the Casamorati line even though they do carry the rest of the line. If you contact Xerjoff directly, you will be able to purchase from them.

Basenotes Institution

Funny ,cairomerta- I found Mefisto very wearable for ladies ( is it for men ?? ) . I found it ' less lavender' and more floral on me.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 10th April 2010 at 12:13 AM.

Actually Mefisto is classified for men but I always asked Sergio this question and he stated that he does not like classifications. He stated people should wear what they like. Its a great scent huh!

You're spot on about the Creed Silver Mountain Water feel to the Mefisto. I thought this reminds me of something when I first tried Mefisto and SMW came to my mind as well, but the Xerjoff is far more classy and certainly lasts a long time.
    The smell of Olive trees in Fiore d'Ulivo is amazing. My mother loves this fragrance, it's just soooooo classy and in a league of its own.

(Brief interruption in transmission)

Mysticknot... hellooooooo! *jealous* of the Rubj!
    Hubby is a star performer! If I had silly amounts to spend, a 15ml extrait of all 3 Vero Profumos would be on the cards!

Mefisto is definitely unisex. I get more of a citrus blast, but on my girlfriend the floral notes seem more dominant. Fiore d'Ulivo which I thought was feminine also smells pleasant enough on me.
    I've just purchased Fiore d'Ulivo and am about to send payment also for Mefisto and Nio which are my favourite two from the current line up.

Hello,

my name is Manuel and I'm from germany. I run a blog (www.parfumo.de/blog) and I have reviewed 7 XerJoff "Shooting Stars" fragrances. In germany, XerJoff is an unknown brand and only a few stores carry the line. Unfortunately, the Casamorati fragrances can't be purchased here

I had a great time with the XerJoff fragrances. I tried Uden, Lua, Oroville, Kobe, Modoc, Dhofar and Oesel. All of these perfumes are made from the most precious ingredients one could imagine. The fragrances are well blended and very harmonic and luxurious. Later this month, I will try the XJ 17/17 frags and in a few months, I have the chance to purchase one XerJoff perfume, I will take Uden! I try to support XerJoff here in germany, but most people are not willing to pay the high price. In my opinion, the perfumes are worth every penny you have to pay for them. I am a XerJoff fan!

I have a question: Does any body know, where I can get samples of the Casamorati fragrances? I would like to review them on my blog, but can't find them here in germany. Can somebody help me?
    Last edited by Sasuke; 6th June 2010 at 08:03 PM.

Hi Sasuke. Thanks fr your interest in Xerjoff. You can contact Xerjoff directly and they would be more than happy to send you samples of the casamorati line.

Thank you, cairomerta. I just contacted XerJoff and hope that they are able to send me the samples. I will review them on my blog, if I receive them.