Code of Conduct

Default A few thoughts on Kenzo Power

I recently bought myself a 10 ml bottle of Kenzo Power. I thought it would be nice to expand my collection by adding a floral type frag to my collection. I haven't officially worn it yet, just a quick sniff on the wrist. I do smell flowers, but now I wonder what is really going on here? Is there really something here that makes this any different than the 100s of floral perfumes on the market. Are girls going to think, "Hey Brad smells very floral, but in a manly sort of way!". Is there something in the base or in the formulation of the flower smell that puts this in a masculine catagory? Finally, is Kenzo Power a work of genius in terms of formulation, or merely a work of marketing genius?

Default Re: A few thoughts on Kenzo Power

Its more of a green floral than anything. I get distinct similarities to the female Armani Code, which is very popular. I'm not sure why, but I find it very relaxing.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Has the same opening as Set Sail South Seas, to me. Smells like fruit loops.

Sur la Plage

I am not a fan of it. I still need to try Kenzo Power Cologne to see if I may like that better.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Loved it at first , got very tired of it very fast and passed it on to my brother

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I am not a fan of it. I still need to try Kenzo Power Cologne to see if I may like that better.
    Judging by his posts, I' assuming he's referring to the mens version of Kenzo Power.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Judging by his posts, I' assuming he's referring to the mens version of Kenzo Power.
    There is Kenzo Power and Kenzo Power Cologne (a flanker of the original Kenzo Power) - both marketed as men's fragrances: http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...009_an_18.html

Although I have not seen Kenzo Power Cologne in stores - but I really haven't been looking for it specifically.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 8th April 2010 at 01:49 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I see it as a modern floral-aquatic, however It hasnīt last on my skin, for not commenting about its poor projection
    Last edited by blackened; 8th April 2010 at 01:48 PM.

I don't mind it but find it a bit boring, and when I've worn it I've been reminded of Kenzo Amour EdP, which is so much better !

It's in my top 3. For whatever reason, I love Power.

Kenzo Power still beckons to me every now and then.

I'm with hednic. Something about it calls me back every so often. It's nice in summer. On me there is a musky base that makes it interesting to re-visit.

I LOVE Kenzo Power! I like citrus but usually it's a bit too bright and for me almost headache inducing but the spiciness prevents that from happening. The floral heart is heavy enough so that it has staying power but not heavy like an old ladies perfume or something. Then the base is clean but not "soapy" clean.. it's almost sharp or metallic. I love it

I liked it at first and don't mind the floral component. I didn't like how it evolved into a fruity/sweet/powdery accord that to me overwhelmed all else. I didn't expect that. Perhaps I owe it another try.

I bought a bottle because, when wearing the sample, it reminded me of an Avon I used to have. Upon wearing it from the bottle the resemblance was less pronounced, so I gave the bottle to my nephew. The next time I saw him he was wearing it (he says he wears it all the time) and he smelled great. I recommend it!

Just love it.
    Kenzo Power is in my top 5 so far.

Why ? I really don't know.

This is my official "fragrance for the week-end at the cottage"

I have to go for a new one

So, is the powdery dry down that has been mentioned similar to Armani Codes' dry down? Or is it more/less powdery?
    Sell/Trade-- Issey Miyake(Summer '09)~Calvin Klein(One Summer '07 & '09)~Eau De Grey Flannel

Buy/Swap-- http://www.basenotes.net/threads/250...e-Want-Edition.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

COmpetent masculine floral from Kenzo. Spicy fresh, mildly green florals and a touch powdery sweet drydown. Not as powdery as Code imo but more interesting.

I only get the powder in the heart with the florals. Code isn't really similar at all

IMHO, it's very similar to Dior Homme Cologne, just a bit sweeter. I slightly prefer DHC, but both are good IMO.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I recently ordered a mini of Dior Homme. I'm anxious to see how my nose compares this one to Power. I keep reading basenotes say that Dior Homme has either a purse/lipstick smell. I'm not sure I get that connection with Power.

I dont really get the connection between Dior and Power. Smell completely different to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    I recently ordered a mini of Dior Homme. I'm anxious to see how my nose compares this one to Power. I keep reading basenotes say that Dior Homme has either a purse/lipstick smell. I'm not sure I get that connection with Power.
    Not Dior Homme. Dior Homme Cologne. Dior Homme Cologne smells very different from Dior Homme, IMO.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Not Dior Homme. Dior Homme Cologne. Dior Homme Cologne smells very different from Dior Homme, IMO.
    I remembered you telling me that Kenzo Power is the closest reference point to DHC because I couldn't try out the DHC. The note pyramid on DHC is just an added citrus top note with the base and middle notes from DH, just shuffled around. I've been wearing DH for the past month on and off and I might pull the trigger on DHC. I'm not so sold on Kenzo Power though. I felt some of it could be toned down for me to wear it often.

boring

Quote Originally Posted by Rawk Lee View Post
    I remembered you telling me that Kenzo Power is the closest reference point to DHC because I couldn't try out the DHC. The note pyramid on DHC is just an added citrus top note with the base and middle notes from DH, just shuffled around. I've been wearing DH for the past month on and off and I might pull the trigger on DHC. I'm not so sold on Kenzo Power though. I felt some of it could be toned down for me to wear it often.
    DHC is drier and less sweet than Power, also, IMO, it's a tiny bit lighter. If you like DH, I think you should pull the trigger on the Cologne. And if you do, make sure to let me know how you like it.