Code of Conduct

Default L' Homme sage , how many sprays ?

I just made a purchase direct from Divine and i am trying to decide how sprays. I read that it was strong but i can barely smell it . Any suggestions

Default Re: L' Homme sage , how many sprays ?

Really, you can barely smell it? I use two sprays max and get really strong sillage. Any chance that you're a bit anosmic today for some reason?

I used a sample roll on vial from a basenoter, mine haven't arrived yet. I do remember the sample that i got from them being on the strong side, but i thought that was because the sample vial had leaked.

I think you'll have to test it for yourself but I don't consider it that strong. I go with my usual 4-6 including neck and wrist. I don't care about sillage; I just enjoy smelling my fragrance myself during the day.

It's definitely strong. 1-2 sprays should suffice.
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    Splits: O'driu, La Via del Profumo/AbdesSalaam Attar, Nasomatto, Chanel Les Exclusifs, Profumi del Forte, Mona di Orio, Kurkdjian, Slumberhouse.
    New atomizer and decanting supplies for sale.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

As everything else in perfumery, 'one spray' is not really the same from bottle to bottle or finger to finger. But 'moderate' application seems to be absolutely sufficient for many hours. It's a 'light' fragrance by the nature of its components but quite persistent. Like Guerlains Vetiver, or YSL Live Jazz it seems to come and go during the course of the day. I am not sure if I make a big impression on others with these, but if they notice my cologne at all - who would feel molested by 'fresh' or minimally spicy in the summer?

If I would want to draw attention (without getting personal) I would choose different fragrances.
    Last edited by narcus; 12th April 2010 at 10:04 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

ah ah ah ha!

But seriously you shouldn't need more than 5 or 6 tops, that sh!t is strong.