Code of Conduct

Thumbs up Andree Putnam Preparation Parfumee- The TDH for TDH-Haters

Hey guys! I was initially very eager to try this one, got a sample, tried it, thought little of it, and tossed it in the fragrance purgatory, for several months, where it would lie, until today. I don't know why, but I got an itching to try it again, so right now I'm wearing the sample, and enjoying it mightily! Now, the opening, is pretty pungent; an initial onslaught of woods and pepper, the topnotes are decidedly green. It's odd, it feels dry and earthy, which is why I make the connection to TDH (though the flint and orange notes are noticeably missing), yet the fragrance is meant to evoke water and wood, perhaps a stagnant pond?

"We spoke about wood, wet wood, wood after the rain, driftwood, about water lilys and coriander leaf. I wanted it to be light and fresh ....."
    I feel it succeeds in it's initial goal of creating something that feels like small a pond in the middle of a forest, right after a heavy rain, all the broken timber and leaves on the forest floor, but the sun is right overhead drying everything up. It's hard to get the impression that this could possibly smell like TDH from the above description, but it really does. Sort of like a hybrid of one of the Escentric Molecules scents and TDH. It's light and watery though, so it's something that I could imagine would work perfectly in the heat. If you haven't you should seek out a sample of this stuff, it's quite good!
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 9th April 2010 at 02:06 AM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Default Re: Andree Putnam Preparation Parfumee- The TDH for TDH-Haters

This is one of the most underrated fragrances around. It's a masterpiece, one that evokes some vivid memories and feelings for me.

Your description of a pond after a rainfall is good, but I don't think PP bears any relation to TdH.
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    Splits: O'driu, La Via del Profumo/AbdesSalaam Attar, Nasomatto, Chanel Les Exclusifs, Profumi del Forte, Mona di Orio, Kurkdjian, Slumberhouse.
    New atomizer and decanting supplies for sale.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

Quote Originally Posted by strifeknot View Post
    This is one of the most underrated fragrances around. It's a masterpiece, one that evokes some vivid memories and feelings for me.

Your description of a pond after a rainfall is good, but I don't think PP bears any relation to TdH.
    Maybe I'm drawing a relationship between the raspy cedar (likely Iso-E). I don't know it just feels similar to TdH to my nose. Though obviously all opinions are completely valid, and I've certainly been wrong many times before.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Basenotes Institution

Reminded of the smell of driftwood. In a good way. Giacobetti is a genius.

One of those fragrances that has been on my To Buy list for such a long time, it's a shame I don't own it yet.

Another fan here! I wear it rarely because have only a small bottle of it, but will splurge some day on the big one and wear it as often as I want.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Hey glad to hear there are some more fans of this one. I added it to my wish list, I think it'll work perfectly this Summer.

And if by mere luck, I just happened to see that LuckyScent is now carrying the AP line (or just fragrance). Also it's being offered in THREE sizes! 30ml! I think people should try it out!

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...arfumerie.html