Code of Conduct

Default The Breakdown PE 360 Red vs Paris Hilton Just Me

I want to see some BN feedback about which of the two is better and how AdG compares

I smelled AdG very long ago, and do not have a sample ready to compare
    I own 360 Red and find the cinnamon a bit annoying (I dislike Cinnamon in my frags) but otherwise a great fragrance
    I was hoping if feedback on Hiltons frag is good, I might just do the unexpected and purchase it
    thanks!
    Last edited by Hasupk@gmail.com; 9th April 2010 at 12:22 AM.
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Default Re: The Breakdown PE 360 Red vs Paris Hilton Just Me

I have had all three. This is how I rank them:
    1. AdG
    2. Paris Hilton Just Me
    3. 360 red

I got rid of 360 red and I have bought multiple bottles of Just Me. I think Just Me is better. They are very similar, like practically the same juice. If you look at the reviews here at basenotes neither has had a single negative review.
    sb[]p

why is it that you placed AdG over Just Me?
    anything in particular?
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

I actually bought Just Me before I even tried AdG. I kept hearing how it was a clone, so I decided to try AdG. AdG is the original and it is better imo. Just Me doesn't have that great melon smell. They are both in my rotation. I have had two people ask me if I was wearing AdG while I was sporting Just Me. I think the only reasons to get 360 red or Just Me is less $ and to be a little different.
    sb[]p

Just Me is surprisingly not bad.
    It does indeed smell very very similar to AdG but I pick up some pepper in the opening and then the dry down is the same as AdG.
    Longevity sucks...but cheap price

No No No.. DO NOT get Just Me! Decent opening, horrible dry down. It used to be my favorite cologne before I realized how bad I actually smelled. This was years ago as well before my nose became.. say more integrated. Just me opens up like a slightly darker AdG.. it just smells highly chemical. However each person has their own opinion, and if you'd like I still have a 75% full bottle that I would trade or sell because it simply doesn't appeal to me.

Halston Unbound might be a good choice, it opens up like AdG but with more watermelon, to my nose. It's highly praised on here because of its similarities to AdG and such a low price. This I also own and it is my ultimate aquatic atm. But the longevity is below average.
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 9th April 2010 at 08:27 AM.

I do smell similarities between AdG and Just Me, but I actually think Just Me is less citrusy. It smells like the dry down of AdG, but just the whole way through.
    Sell/Trade-- Issey Miyake(Summer '09)~Calvin Klein(One Summer '07 & '09)~Eau De Grey Flannel

Buy/Swap-- http://www.basenotes.net/threads/250...e-Want-Edition.

That's funny, I would rank Unbound 4th in my previous list. I have actually had someone tell me they hated it! AdG is better than all the clones. Everyone has their own opinion, but I would at least try Just Me. I think It's an improvement over 360 red.
    sb[]p

Quote Originally Posted by Spongebob[]pants View Post
    I got rid of 360 red and I have bought multiple bottles of Just Me. I think Just Me is better. They are very similar, like practically the same juice. If you look at the reviews here at basenotes neither has had a single negative review.
    Just Me is far more offensive than Unbound, and just me is nothing like AdG, but that's just my opinion. I worked at Macy's at the time this was released, and we had so many complaints.. It was removed from the shelves within 4 months.

Again though.. I truly enjoyed Just Me at first, but that was when I was just about the average Joe. Even at that time I remember writing a review for fragrancenet saying how it smelled better than AdG. But I also never gave AdG a full wearing, I had just smelled it from time to time. I think I was mostly so pleased with myself for finding something so cheap and so much in the same genre with AdG @ the time.
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 9th April 2010 at 09:57 AM.

Out of all of the "AdG-esque" fragrances I have tried (this includes Unbound, 360 Red, VpH, Aqva, etc), Clinique Happy is my favorite and the only one that I didn't eventually sell off. It's lighter, not as long-lasting, and has less sillage, but it's a nice sweet fresh scent that incorporates oranges, limes, and cedar. I like wearing it on semi-hot days, and it doesn't go sour on my skin like AdG.

I recently wore AdG and noticed it goes sour on my skin..while Just Me does not. So I would rank Just Me over AdG, but I have not tried 360 or Halston. And VPH doesn't smell similar to AdG to me, I get much more lemons than melons.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaheen View Post
    Out of all of the "AdG-esque" fragrances I have tried (this includes Unbound, 360 Red, VpH, Aqva, etc), Clinique Happy is my favorite and the only one that I didn't eventually sell off. It's lighter, not as long-lasting, and has less sillage, but it's a nice sweet fresh scent that incorporates oranges, limes, and cedar. I like wearing it on semi-hot days, and it doesn't go sour on my skin like AdG.
    And that's why I'm so excited about getting Happy in the mail
    Sell/Trade-- Issey Miyake(Summer '09)~Calvin Klein(One Summer '07 & '09)~Eau De Grey Flannel

Buy/Swap-- http://www.basenotes.net/threads/250...e-Want-Edition.