Code of Conduct

Default LEau dIssey pour homme 40 ml (limited edition)

I decided to buy L'Eau d'Issey. The thing is that I found a bottle of 40 ml (limited edition) in a perfumery. It comes perfectly packaged and with its plastic wrapper intact. Has anyone bought or seen this limited edition of 40 ml? I just want to make sure it's not too old and that the perfume is in perfect condition before buying. Thanks BN community
    Last edited by M.David; 9th April 2010 at 12:39 AM.

Default Re: LEau dIssey pour homme 40 ml (limited edition)

Hi,

Yes, the 40ml edition is released from time to time; the last time of which was around Xmas 2005. I know this for a fact, as I was working with Parfums Issey Miyake at the time.
    As long as the cellophane wrap is still intact, I doubt you will have any reason for concern. Its a handy size to have.

EDITED TO ADD:

Just keep this in mind: if there is a thin dark blue stripe on the front of the box, separating the silver and white panels of colour, then this is fresher stock than Issey with a wider, metallic blue stripe between them.

NEWER:
    and

OLDER:
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 9th April 2010 at 07:28 AM.

Is the price difference more or less, since it's in an odd size? I would say not to pay more per mL just because it's a special edition with the same juice inside.
    Sell/Trade-- Issey Miyake(Summer '09)~Calvin Klein(One Summer '07 & '09)~Eau De Grey Flannel

Buy/Swap-- http://www.basenotes.net/threads/250...e-Want-Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Geikamir View Post
    Is the price difference more or less, since it's in an odd size? I would say not to pay more per mL just because it's a special edition with the same juice inside.
    Hi! Really I prefer that size (40 ml). The fragance is the same. Its a limited edition in relation to the size of the bottle

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Hi,

Yes, the 40ml edition is released from time to time; the last time of which was around Xmas 2005. I know this for a fact, as I was working with Parfums Issey Miyake at the time.
    As long as the cellophane wrap is still intact, I doubt you will have any reason for concern. Its a handy size to have.

EDITED TO ADD:

Just keep this in mind: if there is a thin dark blue stripe on the front of the box, separating the silver and white panels of colour, then this is fresher stock than Issey with a wider, metallic blue stripe between them.

NEWER:
    and

OLDER:
    Thanks Dimitri! The bottle that I have found would be new because it is the second photo you posted (no line of separation). Anyway 5 years seems a long time, I think that is much newer because the bottle really is intact .. . Is it possible that they continued to launch this limited edition after 2005? Would you know tell me if L'Eau d'Issey has been reformulated in recent times? Thanks

Yes it is possible the 40ml has been relaunched since then, as it has been a few years since i worked with them.

I can't tell you if there has been any reformulation, sorry. Its not the kind of thing they tell their staff, but perhaps another BNer knows something more.

I bought the limited edition bottle (40ml) exactly three years ago (march 2007). Tha SA told me that it was released for christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by alberto View Post
    I bought the limited edition bottle (40ml) exactly three years ago (march 2007). Tha SA told me that it was released for christmas.
    Christmas 2007 or Christmas 2009?? Thanks

I wish there were more 40ml sizes out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Yes it is possible the 40ml has been relaunched since then, as it has been a few years since i worked with them.

I can't tell you if there has been any reformulation, sorry. Its not the kind of thing they tell their staff, but perhaps another BNer knows something more.
    Ok, thanks for the info Dimitri