Code of Conduct

Default Has anyone had problems importing fragrances from the US with Canada Post?

I placed an order from Beauty Encounter a few weeks ago and I was informed my parcel was being reviewed by Canada Customs. Just today, I received a letter from Border Security, I believe, acting on behalf of Canada Post informing me that Canada Post would not transport the fragrances as they were deemed to be dangerous and that they would be disposed. I called and pleaded with Canada Post to allow me to pick up the package from the Customs depot they are being held at in Mississauga and they said they would investigate further. Has anyone else experience this sort of problem? If so, how can I possibly resolve this? Thanks, ahead.

Default Re: Has anyone had problems importing fragrances from the US with Canada Post?

I try to order from them yesterday and they say to use international express shipping for fragrance but i couldn't use this option it didn't work so it left me with standard Canadian ground, I I wasn't sure so I didn't order.

Which shipping option did you use?

Must suck to have your order stuck there, I hope for you everything work out.

Default Re: Has anyone had problems importing fragrances from the US with Canada Post?

You are probably SOL. Canada has Haz-mat regulations for shipping/transporting flammable products via its postal services. They normally dispose these materials on sight (or so they claim). Did Beauty Encounter forget to declare the package anything other than fragrance?
    Last edited by Omega Man; 23rd April 2010 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Did Beauty Encounter forget to declare the package anything other than fragrance?
    It's my understanding Beauty Encounter won't declare a package anything other than fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Fable View Post
    It's my understanding Beauty Encounter won't declare a package anything other than fragrance.
    That's what I understand too, but by declaring it a fragrance how could it pass the custom?

Technically All the seller seems to say this, probably for legal reason, but they often write cosmetics.

Guys, I'm thinking of swapping some fragrances from a guy from Canada, I will be shipping them from TX. Would there be a problem sending them to Canada like the OP's issue? Last week i swapped with some one here in the USA and when the guy at USPS asked me if i was shipping anything hazardous or anything liquid I told him no. The guy I swapped with received the fragrances with no problem. I'm thinking of backing out of the swap. What do you guys think?

As of Sep. 20 2010 I swapped with a fellow Basenoter on here I received his part of the deal, but he has yet to receive mine, I had put on the customs form used cosmetics, I have never had this problem before I feel really bad about whats going on, I have not received any letters from any agency telling me about whats in the package, I did go to the Post Office today and was told item had not yet cleared customs, any suggestions?

Well, it looks that I won't be shipping then.

Products containing alcohol whether consumable or cosmetic falls ORM-D (other restricted materials part D) and cannot be transported by air. You could try ground only transportation into Canada by UPS or Fedex Standard, but they may charge a brokerage fee depending on the declared value.

Haven't had one yet, but perfumes are liquid so you're bond to run into a problem every now and then. And form hundreds of online purchases, Canada Post are not the most professional postal service out there in general postal services are not very good in Canada.