Code of Conduct

Default Best Oil Attars?

Thinking of switching to oil attars for a while and was just wandering which ones you have tried and have been very impressed with. This can be the traditional famous Arabic houses or otherwise. I'm particularly interested in the Amouage attars, Ayala Moriel, Jalaine and Abdel Samad al Qurashi.

Thank you for the input.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Default Re: Best Oil Attars?

For me it's Tribute and Homage by Amouage and both of them smell fantastic. I am not surprised in your choice to switching to oil attars for a while as they seem to be a few rungs up on the ladder than a lot of the alcohol based scents.

I wish a lot of the popular niche scents would do a oil version of their fragrances, it would be good to compare which is best.

Amouage Tribute gets my vote. And the single-note Amouage attars are worth checking out as well as very price reasonable. Their Jasmine attar is phenomenal. I'm still waiting on their Sandalwood attar which I ordered from Les Senteurs last month.
    Last edited by ItalianStallion; 9th April 2010 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    For me it's Tribute and Homage by Amouage and both of them smell fantastic. I am not surprised in your choice to switching to oil attars for a while as they seem to be a few rungs up on the ladder than a lot of the alcohol based scents.

I wish a lot of the popular niche scents would do a oil version of their fragrances, it would be good to compare which is best.
    Jack mentioned my two favorites. I also like from Amouage - Bahjah, Al Andalus & Al Shomukh. The star in the Jalaine line is clearly Patchouli. I've tried many from Ayala with no luck. No lasting power and scents that didn't excite me.

I wore Al Mas yesterday - it's really pretty gorgeous. Late in the day, someone even came in my office and said "wow, it smells good in here." I had her smell my arm where some of it was and bingo, she loved it. Give it a try - it's pretty reasonably priced for Amouage Attars.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Hows the longevity on those attars mentioned above?
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Agarscents Bazaar has some lovely mukhallats. Sharif is a genious with his compositions.
    Check out Mukhallat Saif Al Hind and Bakhoor de Nuit.