Code of Conduct

Default Blu Mediterraneo Bergamotto di Calabria - Acqua di Parma's latest

I was at EPCOT a couple nights ago and popped into the Italy store to do some sniffing. The lady at Acqua di Parma said this was the "newest" fragrance (which I usually chuckle at since that never means anything and it could be 9 years old). However, this was actually new!

Has anyone worn it much? What are your thoughts? I sprayed it a couple times on my arm and was really impressed with its longevity. It lasted through the rest of the muggy evening and into the morning before a shower.

It was a gorgeous bergamot with lemon that is slightly reminiscent of Annick Goutal's style, and a spicy ginger note running through it. It seems like a great, long-lasting citrus fragrance that has some new, unique elements. What say you?
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Default Re: Blu Mediterraneo Bergamotto di Calabria - Acqua di Parma's latest

This past January, I purchased Bergamotto from that same Prada store at Epcot.

Im preparing to do a youtube review of it tonight. I have a love/hate issue with it.

My gf will be at EPCOT in 2 weeks. I'm going to ask her to check it out for me.

(After waiting for Kerosene's review, that is.)
    Snarky is as snarky does.

I'll post the link tonight. It'll have to wait until after the Red Wings game. The Prada store has quite a few fragrances there if I remember. Lots of Bvlgari and Acqua Di Parma. The Cypress frag of the Blu Mediterraneo line smelled pretty nice.

In one of the stores in "France" my wife got Escale a Portofino by Dior. It's awesome stuff.

Sounds great, I'll have to test it... How much did it retail for?

For it being at Disney World, it wasnt priced too badly. For a 2oz bottle, I think it cost around $65.

Just finished my review for whomever is interested in checking it out. Ahhh, wearing it right now. It is very nice. I think when it freaks out on me and goes "old", I think the scent is colliding with my work coat/sweatshirt that only gets washed once a week so maybe another fragrance is messing with the Bergamotto.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYCZQNUrxZg

Thanks, Kerosene. That was informative. And if it gets a little dirty and musky, I will consider that a good thing. I will definitely have my gf pick up a bottle for me at EPCOT very soon.

(The part about your "necks" gave me a chuckle...)
    Last edited by Bossa Nova; 10th April 2010 at 08:12 AM.
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Well, it's morning now, and I can still smell the bergamot on my arm. It definitely lasts, that's for sure. Im getting none of the "dirty old fragrance" smell this time. I smell mostly the cedar, musk and ginger. The more I think about it, the more Im sure the fragrance was mixing with something else and reacting in a bad way. It smells all natural and nonewhatsoever of syntheticness.