Code of Conduct

Default I need a good spring/summer fragrance

Hey so for Fall/Winter I bought Burberry London, but now I feel like it is time to get a new Spring/Summer fragrance. I'm not ordering, because I'm Canadian, so I will be buying at let's say Pharmaprix. I need a good fragrance for Spring/Summer, a safe one. I'm 15, so I don't have that much money. Only want 2 fragrances. I'm already spending a lot of money on working out etc. Thanks.

Default Re: I need a good spring/summer fragrance

If you like something light and not to expensive try Aramis Cool. This sent is aimed at the younger market, but having said that I think all ages could wear it.
    Last edited by Marc Anthony; 10th April 2010 at 12:14 AM.

What are some scents/direction you like?

whats your price range?

Blvgari extreme is perfect.

millesime imperial is safe, virgin island water. if you want to watch out for your cash, blvgari ph, versace fraiche, cool water, stuff like that. to me most fresh colognes are a dime a dozen.

firstly, let me just say that I'm sure there will be some eye rolls and disagreements about my recommendations, but considering you're probably not that interested in becoming a connoisseur, you're like 15 and aren't going to drop $200...

hey, at least around Toronto there's a bunch of Shoppers Drug Mart locations selling various 30-50ml bottles for about $20. Pick up a Cool Water or Polo Sport. It's pretty young, clean, cheap, and girls generally like it, etc. I jsut got a 40ml for $20 from shoppers and you can probably get them even cheaper online. The buy and sell on basenotes you'll probably find some cool water bottles.

I'm just not too sure if it's too old for you but Guerlain's Vetiver is about $50 for a 125ml. It's a soapy green fresh scent, really nice, and a lot more sophisticated then some other ones. Otherwise something like Mugler Cologne or Prada Amber are both clean soapy or floral things.

Online you can get YSL Live Jazz for about $20 for a 125ml and that's a nice all rounder spring summer cologne.

other ideas might be something like Aqua Di Gio, or D&G Pour Homme (or light blue). that's all I can think of right now. These are all pretty generic and not overly complex but they're all easily available, quite cheap, and girls generally like them.
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 10th April 2010 at 01:39 AM.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Chrome by Azzaro is also a nice choice, can't go wrong, Eternity by Calvin Klein works as well

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    Chrome by Azzaro is also a nice choice, can't go wrong, Eternity by Calvin Klein works as well
    Just kinda ironic, I happen to detest both of those fragrances.

My recommendation would be Dior Sport Pour Homme. Youthful, classy, and active smelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene View Post
    Just kinda ironic, I happen to detest both of those fragrances.

My recommendation would be Dior Sport Pour Homme. Youthful, classy, and active smelling.
    hahahahaahahahahahah you are bad lol. dior sport is ok though, but not my fav. issey myaky is ok and i know i am messing up the spelling there big time.

Why not go with something by Lacoste? They have lots of cheap and great smelling colognes for younger guys. I would say Essential or Style In Play for a summer scent.
    Sell/Trade-- Issey Miyake(Summer '09)~Calvin Klein(One Summer '07 & '09)~Eau De Grey Flannel

Buy/Swap-- http://www.basenotes.net/threads/250...e-Want-Edition.

essential is a nice choice , curve is ok too, a bit mainstream and average but it's ok

I agree on Essential. Very clean and fresh.

at least we can agree on something lol

at least we can agree on something lol
    Like the weather sucks right now! hahaha

Blog Entries

YSL Live Jazz, cheap and a lot of people say the composition's not outdated. Very much so a preferred fragrance to wear at any age on a tight budget. My personal recommendations would be Azzaro Chrome, Allure Edition Blanche (depends on how sparkly you like your citrus), Versace Pour Homme, L'eau Par Kenzo, and 212 for Men (it's fresh, grassy, and somewhat metallic, but very transparent with good strength).

Like the weather sucks right now! hahaha
    yep still cold

Quote Originally Posted by Rawk Lee View Post
    YSL Live Jazz, cheap and a lot of people say the composition's not outdated. Very much so a preferred fragrance to wear at any age on a tight budget. My personal recommendations would be Azzaro Chrome, Allure Edition Blanche (depends on how sparkly you like your citrus), Versace Pour Homme, L'eau Par Kenzo, and 212 for Men (it's fresh, grassy, and somewhat metallic, but very transparent with good strength).

Yeah, L'eau Par Kenzo is pretty phenomenal.
    Sell/Trade-- Issey Miyake(Summer '09)~Calvin Klein(One Summer '07 & '09)~Eau De Grey Flannel

Quote Originally Posted by Geikamir View Post
    Yeah, L'eau Par Kenzo is pretty phenomenal.
    Agree

Another recommendation: Allure PH Sport

Agree

Yep. This one is on my wish list. I have to get it soon. It's really good for warmer or colder temperatures IMO.

Looks like we agree on summer scents.

Agree

i like that one, allure is overrated. sport is nice.

i like that one, allure is overrated. sport is nice.
    I couldnt have worded that better if I had said it me'self.

I couldnt have worded that better if I had said it me'self.
    thank you sir

Creed Erolfa.

Tons of great recommendations in this thread. Definitely saving this for future reference. I wish I had access to higher-end department stores here. All we have is a Dillard's and Sephora. Nordstroms, Macy's, etc seem to carry more of the niche frags.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stoavio View Post
    All we have is a Dillard's and Sephora. Nordstroms, Macy's, etc seem to carry more of the niche frags.
    Macy's doesn't. Nordstrom's, sorta. Neiman Marcus and Barney's are the niche spots for Creed, L'Artisan, Frederic Malle, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawk Lee View Post
    Macy's doesn't. Nordstrom's, sorta. Neiman Marcus and Barney's are the niche spots for Creed, L'Artisan, Frederic Malle, etc.
    Yep, I havent seen any niche at Macy's or Nordstrom's. There's a Saks 5th sorta near me that I think carries niche. Hoping to check it out soon.

Great suggestions so far. How about Higher or Higher Energy by Dior.
    For Kerosene: I live in SE Michigan too and at Somerset there is a Saks, Neiman's, and Bluemercury which carry niche fragrances.

In no particular order

Azzaro Chrome
    Davidoff Cool Water
    Versace Pour Homme
    Boss in motion Black
    Joop! Nightflight

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    Great suggestions so far. How about Higher or Higher Energy by Dior.
    For Kerosene: I live in SE Michigan too and at Somerset there is a Saks, Neiman's, and Bluemercury which carry niche fragrances.
    Cool. Yeah, Im hoping to hit Somerset next weekend. Havent been there in a few years and it's only about 45 minutes from me.

Another recommendation that doesnt get a lot of love here: Hugo Energise. Light, crisp with a pinch of spice.

Ah, we do have a Bluemercury..

I fully second from the previous list especially Chrome, Live Jazz, Polo Sport, Mugler Cologne, Lacoste Essential and L'Eau par Kenzo

further fragrances worth testing may include: Boss Elements Aqua, Gianfranco Ferre Bergamotto Marino, Solo Loewe, Oxygene by Lanvin and Baldessarini del Mar, all of them being light and crisp, yet still not very generic

Green Valley

Live Jazz by Yves Saint Laurent - incredibly cheap
    Cool Water by Davidoff - very cheap too. Even if it is so common, I enjoy this fragrance. Lasts 6 hours through, even 4.
    Vetiver by Guerlain - this classic and legendary green juice should work great in the spring/summer seasons.
    Mugler Cologne by Thierry Mugler - one of the freshest fragrances that I smelled. Use 6 sprays.
    Eternity by Calvin Klein - smells pretty fresh and masculine on me. If you like it, you should try Eternity Summer 2010.
    Eau Sauvage by Dior - what can go wrong wearing this classic citrus lemon fragrance in the spring/summer ? Try Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir.
    L' Eau d' Issey by Issey Miakae - a frash scent that lasts 10-12 hrs. Good stuff...
    MI + Green Irish Tweed by Creed - can go wrong with that. Just don't expect to smell some elixir ! This is not a love potion.
    Chrome by Azzaro
    Pour Monsieur by Chanel - the green juice should work at least in the spring. It is not strong and smells like shampoo to me.
    Allure Homme Sport by Chanel
    Acqua di Gio by Giorgio Armani - I really don't like this
    The Blvgari house
    Creed's Original Vetiver

Jimi Hendrix

Joop! Nightflight
    Nicos Sculpture
    Burberry Summer '09
    Versace Ph
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche

dior homme cologne
    gucci ph ii is not that heavy

i bought them grey market though

La Voile Rouge by Jeanne Arthes

Not to be too critical here, but I'm amazed at some of the recommendations, like in a bad way. I see this happening all the time on threads where people just make rec's that really aren't that relevant to the OP. Sometimes it seems like we get so sucked down the rabbit hole on this forum that we (ok, at least, I) lose perspective on what the average dude is looking for.

The OP clearly stated, he's
    15 (ie high school),
    doesn't have a lot of cash,
    and lives in Canada maybe in a small town or whatever.

I'm not saying you should like my cologne rec's or anything, but at least I think they fit the profile. Spring/Summer, Cheapish, nice but relatively inoffensive or generally well-received by the ladies in that age group, and able to be purchased at any low end mall/department store.
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 14th April 2010 at 09:14 PM.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    Not to be too critical here, but I'm amazed at some of the recommendations, like in a bad way. I see this happening all the time on threads where people just make rec's that really aren't that relevant to the OP. Sometimes it seems like we get so sucked down the rabbit hole on this forum that we (ok, at least, I) lose perspective on what the average dude is looking for.

The OP clearly stated, he's
    15 (ie high school),
    doesn't have a lot of cash,
    and lives in Canada maybe in a small town or whatever.

I'm not saying you should like my cologne rec's or anything, but at least I think they fit the profile. Spring/Summer, Cheapish, nice but relatively inoffensive or generally well-received by the ladies in that age group, and able to be purchased at any low end mall/department store.
    I totally agree, I think something like Curve or maybe even Cool Water would be good. Though both of those are rather common, you may like Halston Unbound which is a very inexpensive aquatic/fruity scent. IZOD or Adidas Dare are also very good choices.
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 14th April 2010 at 09:24 PM.

Versace Man Eau Fraļche, Versace Pour Homme, Dior Homme Sport for example

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi Hendrix View Post
    Mugler Cologne by Thierry Mugler - one of the freshest fragrances that I smelled. Use 6 sprays.
    SIX sprays for Mugler Cologne? Holy moly, that's intense. Even just 3 projects like an absolute monster on me, 6 would kill standing next to me.

in my opinion DUNHILL- DESIRE BLUE would be a safe choice. its another fresh blue fragrance , not so unique but I like it.

Gucci Pour Homme 2 would be a good choice for any season. Also check out Burberrys for men...I see this one at the bargain basement stores all the time for not much cash, and it is very good for spring like weather. Burberry The Beat is good too. Citrus and pepper. Issey Miyake is nice in warm weather as well. Ive always liked Lacoste's Style in Play. I think that would be very fitting for a young lad such as yourself.

Green Irish Tweed is safe, Millesime Imperial is ok but I prefer Virgin Island Water. All 3 are by creed, Kouros sport might work,Versace Fraiche is safe.