Code of Conduct

Default Ah, Fendi Uomo. They just don't make 'em like this anymore...

I sprayed on my vintage bottle of Fendi Uomo from the late 1980's. They just don't make 'manly' colognes like this anymore. I so miss these great 80's juices. Fendi, Santos, Antaeus, Trussardi, VC&A, Escada. Great memories. Today's mainstream aquatics are a different breed.
    Last edited by neal; 10th April 2010 at 12:56 AM.

Default Re: Ah, Fendi Uomo. They just don't make 'em like this anymore...

Well... Santos is fairly similar to what it used to be. Antaeus isn't really the same fragrance anymore. Escada was launched in 93. Just sayin'.

Indeed. they are targeting the pleasure of the opposite gender rather than a reflection of the individual wearing them I think
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

When looking at the bottle, is there a way to tell Vintage Fendi Uomo apart from the new one?

i like having real manly scents i go to the classics a lot of the time, at the same time i like variety when it comes to frags.

Right you are, Neal. Awesome fragrance.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by EarNoseThroat View Post
    When looking at the bottle, is there a way to tell Vintage Fendi Uomo apart from the new one?
    Good question. I'm not sure, my box lists the ingredients as: ALCOHOL DENAT, WATER, FRAGRANCE, YELLOW 5, YELLOW 6, RED 40, BLUE1

I believe the vintage juice has vertical stripes on the bottle and the newer one has horizontal stripes.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Yes, Fendi Uomo is very good, and nice and strong. However, I hardly ever wear it; there are a lot of other powerhouses I tend to reach for before I reach for Fendi. I think I'll wear it tomorrow.

This is magnetic powerhouse from 80's era line up with Quorum, Sung Homme, Oscar de la Renta, Kouros & etc...I own reformulation version but the quality of juice is great...hard to say because never try vintage. Whatever Fendi do their best in the recipe formulation. Huge Sillage & longevity after several times wore it.
    Last edited by ruffin; 10th April 2010 at 03:16 AM.

I remember smelling what was probably the early version of Fendi Uomo back in the early nineties, but I honestly can't remember exactly what it smelled like. What I do know is that the version I have now, which I assume is the reformulation, still smells like what I always thought Fendi Uomo smelled like, and is still strong as hell.

Hillaire

Yes, ( I think it's no longer in production.) the most recent version is entirely true to the original. I bought a bottle recently gritting my teeth, and was delightfully surprised that it was so much the same.
    Maybe the king of eighties designer scents. Certainly the sexiest.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

More love for Fendi Uomo here

The refromulated version is quite good. I used the original in the early 90s, and have the new one now. Its one of my treasured frags.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

After reading this thread this morning I'm wearing Fendi Uomo as my SOTD. I have an older bottle but cannot say for sure how old it is. It's definitely a good one! I agree that it's very difficult if not impossible to find modern fragrances that smell like it.

I remember the days when women liked men to smell like this rather than like candy or fruit cocktails.

Fendi Uomo is one of the most "non-complimented" frags I own, honestly, I have gotten for wearing this anything just short of threats and almost attempts on my life from the opposite gender, but that does not make me think anything less of this frag, which still fascinates me because of a style, which became "counter-cultural" in relation to the contemporary scent trends