Code of Conduct

Default Top quality hair oil

I have quite longish hair and I want to smooth it back with a comb but my hair is too fine and blows around in the slightest wind. Are there any very good quality hair oils I can use or even scented hair oils.
    I have seen some but I'm not sure of the quality of them. I dislike thick oils so would be looking for something light and not too sticky.

thanks
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Default Re: Top quality hair oil

I am unsure how affordable and/or efficient the distribution of Tabac/Maurer & Wirtz products is in great Britain, but Tabac hair oil is supposed to have relaxing and regenerative capabilities at a quite low cost

http://www.tabac-original.eu/english...hp?pos=-726.95

Since you are in Britain, check out Taylor of Old Bond Street - they have a variety of hair care lines to suit your needs including hair gels, tonics, sprays, mousse, shampoos and lotions. Truefitt & Hill may also be worth looking into as they offer both oil and oil-free hair creams and lotions.

Edit: In case you were wondering, I've used Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree Shaping Cream for the past ~5 years with excellent results - strong but flexible hold with a nice matte shine. Check it out!
    Last edited by warlandsboy; 18th April 2010 at 10:09 PM.

I use pure coconut oil in my hair. It's relatively scent-less and non-greasy (and non-sticky) once it's in, and gives your hair a nice shine, while also thickening it a bit. Also washes out easily and doesn't build up over time. It's like the ultimate pomade - only thing is there is absolutely no hold - your hair will just look moisturized and shiny. (I learned this from a Brazilian model I used to date with thick, frizzy hair )

Just buy a jar at the health food store, scoop out a very small amount, melt it in your hands (the oil is solid at room temperature) and then spread it evenly through your hair.
    Last edited by L'Aventurier; 29th April 2010 at 05:08 AM.
    Sales thread here

I highly recommend buying Jojoba Oil
    its the best hair oil you can use and it's 100% natural, which makes it unbeatable
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Jojoba-Oil-Pure-...item5d28bb330b
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Jojoba oil, coconut oil (I think the only oil that truly penetrates and coats the hair cuticle), Emu oil (can smell of 'fat'), almond oil, ..

You want Moroccan Oil, which is a brand of argan oil. Monoi is also amazing- but it's made from Tahitian gardenia and coconut so it has a distinct smell.

use pure coconut oil it feels like it has no hold but it has pretty good hold and it gives it a nice shine and when washing your hands the oily greasey ness comes off with soap and coconut oil is good for your hair and it has no scent to it

ohh, perfect opportunity to buy some of that Black Orchid oil!

+1 to some of the above rec's like coconut and Jojoba. Otherwise try American Crew Pomade, or the ol' original, Brylcreem.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Noir de Noir, Oud Wood
    Plum Japonais,
    Lavender Palm, Tobacco Oud, Café Rose, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

DeepSilence

Jojoba oil is so safe.
    Before i tried Vatica. It was not bad.

Use LA Looks level 8 hair gel while your hair is damp. Rub it in and comb it. Let it dry. Re-comb or brush out the slick gel look and you are Aces.

Vitalis

Quote Originally Posted by thepunjabi View Post
    use pure coconut oil it feels like it has no hold but it has pretty good hold and it gives it a nice shine and when washing your hands the oily greasey ness comes off with soap and coconut oil is good for your hair and it has no scent to it
    I agree with you. Just a few things. Make sure you use a towel to wipe your forehead hairline, around the ears and neck or you will have a light coat of oil on your skin and on your shirt. One more thing, use a fine comb to get the hair out of the brush. Then put some shampoo on your brush and run hot water on your palm and rub the brush into your palm. This will leave your brush clean and oil free for your next use, especially if you do not want to get oil back onto your hair. BTW, I do the brush cleaning routine often anyway. Anyone else feel that way about using a clean brush everytime you use it?