Code of Conduct

Default Jacomo de Jacomo Rouge

I just received a bottle of this via FedEx this morning and tried a sample on my hand.

1st I got a feeling of Xeryus Rouge which did not impress me with it's candy citrus sweetness

2nd On the down dry I got this great patchouli laced woody semi sweet scent and it is knocking my brain where I smelled this before. Now I got it! It is the Joop Homme down dry that you have wait and wait for after all the flowers and sugar burn off.

Default Re: Jacomo de Jacomo Rouge

I bought a half used tester bottle of Jacomo Rouge about a year ago - after I'd sprayed it on my wrist and walked around the shops for a couple of hours. I hadn't liked it at first, but liked it much better later on.
    Renato

Very "medicinal"' at first, then dries down to a "joss stick oriental" with a gourmand touch.

Yep, the dry down is the redeeming factor.

I can relate to the previous posts, since, until the drydown, my impression was like "Duh, unimpressed, next!", but then, the drydown turned out to project in a more complex, more non-generic and more long-lasting way, than I expected from its price range.

I love this stuff. It dries to a musky incense finish on my skin. (I like Xeryus Rouge/Givenchy, also, but Jacomo is a nice alternative when I don't want the spicy red pepper effects of the Givenchy.)
    Snarky is as snarky does.

A lot of folks don't care the dry down, personally I think JdJ Rouge represents all around greatness. Sweet as hell yet not cloying or headache inducing, unoffensive to most, lasts 6-8 hours (sometimes more), nice projection, (not too little but not too much) I think if this projected anymore than it did.. it may become sickening. To my nose it starts off as a super minty Le Male then dries down into a macaroon! Good stuff.