Code of Conduct
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Default Re: Unsung Treasures

I'm bumping this as my face thread found so far on BN and I have something to add but need to do some homework first. Brb

Oleg do key . My treasure is Grain de Sable by Nicky Verfaillie. I was bought this at Athens airport in 1985 and used every drop and the bottle got broken in a move shortly after finishing it. I never found any again. If memory serves it's a floral, rare for me but a floral in the mold of the much later Dune which I adore, I think the note I love is the gorse.

Please if anyone has any of this please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alityke View Post
    Oleg do key . My treasure is Grain de Sable by Nicky Verfaillie. I was bought this at Athens airport in 1985 and used every drop and the bottle got broken in a move shortly after finishing it. I never found any again. If memory serves it's a floral, rare for me but a floral in the mold of the much later Dune which I adore, I think the note I love is the gorse.

Please if anyone has any of this please PM me.
    Had a quick look around and the closest I can find unfortunately is this...

http://cgi.ebay.fr/LOT-DANCIENS-TUBE...0#ht_500wt_949

This small sample of fragrances appears to contain a sample. Perhaps it might help you remember it clearer and find a closer match that is readily available?

Reporting in- found one of the listed treasures- an almost full bottle of Dilys by Laura Ashley for $5 USD at a thrift store. It was priced lower than a bunch of BBW scents. tee hee. Never sniffed this in its heyday.
    Sync'in and Think'in in 2015!

Bless you thanks for the help

Hillaire

Quote Originally Posted by knit at nite View Post
    Reporting in- found one of the listed treasures- an almost full bottle of Dilys by Laura Ashley for $5 USD at a thrift store. It was priced lower than a bunch of BBW scents. tee hee. Never sniffed this in its heyday.
    knit, I'll swap you something GOOOD for that one Sabi?. It's one Ima pining for.

Hillaire

Eau d'Ivoire!

I don't recall if anyone posted about this one but I just got a bottle of Chopard Madness . YUM! Incence,Spices,somthin fruityish,a whiff of cocoa(dark)?,and rosewood! MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Hmm..... this may require a backup bottle ....
    Off to evilbay.........
    Fragrance Omnivore

Bumping this thread.

Fans of floral green oakmoss-rich chypres, I just bought this blind and am very impressed.

Shiseido Koto was launched in 1967 for the Japanese market. Notes from FG: aldehyde opening, citruses, herbs and spices. The heart consists of narcissus, gardenia, orris root, jasmine, lily of the valley, jonquil and rose. The base features moss, patchouli, leather, amber, vetiver and castoreum.

I get moss, light green florals, and the base gets a touch powdery. Very well blended- genteel/refined but in a happy & non-pretentious way. Very strong for an EDC- but not loud. Non soapy.
    If you like Y , Le Temps d'un Fete, Sabi or this genre in general, give it a shot. A 2.7 oz bottle will run you under $50 online.
    Sync'in and Think'in in 2015!

Blog Entries

This one is flying under the radar - Lucky Scent has it. But there, you get a DVD and a brochure with the purchase, to explain the movie character. Never mind all that, and try a 5 ML sample (roll-on or spray) from The Perfumed Court. One of my cherished favorites ...

TAUER PERFUMES - Tableau de Parfums - Miriam

Disclaimer: This User is not affiliated with TAUER PERFUMES.
    There are no answers, only choices. (Stanislav Lem)

I don't see Halston, which is still available and quite cheap. I love this scent.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”
    ― Marian Bendeth“

Quote Originally Posted by knit at nite View Post
    Shiseido Koto ... If you like Y , Le Temps d'un Fete, Sabi or this genre in general, give it a shot. A 2.7 oz bottle will run you under $50 online.
    Darn you, Knit!! With a "if you like" lineup like that -- listing three of my favorites -- I could not resist. (blind bought for under $30...)

Quote Originally Posted by bookwyrmsmith View Post
    I don't recall if anyone posted about this one but I just got a bottle of Chopard Madness . YUM! Incence,Spices,somthin fruityish,a whiff of cocoa(dark)?,and rosewood! MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Hmm..... this may require a backup bottle ....
    Off to evilbay.........
    As much as I hate to admit it, I saw a bottle of Vittadini Amore for 7.99 at Marshall's and said "what the heck". It is a ringer for Madness. Not that Madness isn't super cheap already, but if you want to pay dumpster prices, go with Amore.
    Currently wearing: Bluebell by Penhaligon's

How much I wish that all threads would be like that!

Was glad to see that many of my treasures are also treasured by knowledgeable perfume-lovers.

So here is my list

Azuree - Estee Lauder - leathery green epochal, 1969 (didn't change since then, which is a miracle)

Silences - Jacomo - mysterious, full of oakmoss and 80-s atmosphere, 1978

Yohji Essential (my favourite light chypre), apothecary and aromatic, completely unique (talking about old 1998 formula, not new version, about which people's opinions divided, some say its OK, very close to old one, some say NO, I didnt try yet)

Others Yohji are great as well

Valentino Gold - the most sensual, feminine, soft-spicy ad attractive perfume that I ever tried. Love - beyond words

S.T. Dupont "Signature" (female and male) - on spicy side, so unusual, so rich in notes, seductive, addictive
    S.T. Dupont - S.T. Dupont pour Femme - chypre, 1998, Bertrand Duchaufour (he also created female version of Signature for S.T. Dupont
    S.T. Dupont pour Homme - aristocrathy

I think best of Dupont, love them more than Orazuli.

Salvador Dali....Very special trio for me.

"Laguna" - grown from liking to loving
    *Salvador Dali Salvador Dali" female, in black box on sides, ( brown lips and nose)- impossible to describe really, you gotta love Salvador Dali to realise how much of everything in this perfume)

Le Roy Soleil Salvador Dali
    - another unique one

Azzaro 9 - tulips, tulips, tulips...........

And, recently received Strass by Soprani, YES!!!

All named fragrances are CREATED by great noses, with love and imagination, not mass-produced, thats why will always have place on my shelves and in my heart

wlll add Azzaro Visit female, left review, you can read it on fragrantica now or wait a century on basenotes, lol