Code of Conduct
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Unsung Treasures

(Sorry if repeat---appears not to have posted 1st time.)
    Confession: This is my favorite thread ever on basenotes. I apologize if these have been mentioned already. But three unsung that I love:

Estee Lauder's Estee--Always mentioned in 'insecticide florals' discussions. (Caveat--I often like insecticide florals.) I find this a very appealing woody floral. When applied lightly, it has a beautiful arc over time. For you Bernard Chant fans, this is one of his often unmentioned perfumes. I have the pure fragrance spray, but there is another (sport spray or the like) but I believe they are effectively the same. Quite inexpensive and found in any of the dept stores that sell the other Lauder fragrances.

Guerlain's Aqua Allegoria Anisia Bella----Spectacular summer fragrance. An interesting treatise on anise, both direct and complex over time. Made by one of my fav perfumers, Aurelian Guichard. In fact, when I wrote my review of Anisia Bella on basenotes, it ended up seeming a bit like a teenage girl's fan letter. Great fragrance nonetheless, and though discontinued, easy to find on the cheap.

Ines de la Fressange (1999. There is one by the same name from 2004. It is an entirely different fragrance--not a reformulation.) The 1999 is an interesting tuberose-floral that I have to say is not so much odd as an uncommon style. It's got dry peach skin, styrax, woods. Gorgeous, distinctive. If looking for it, it's the one in the octagonal alternatingly clear and frosted glass bottle, not the one with a sort of diagonally draped gold top (2004 fruity floral.) Discontinued, currently still easily found, outrageously cheap. Very few comments to be found on it, but I think it's smart and wonderful.
    jtd

Hillaire

ooh, jtd, I am so glad you mentioned Estee; I think it's great, and it becomes more and more affordable!

And I am thrilled to read a positive review of the Fressange scent. I love her style and look and designs; I have wondered about that scent for so long!

I love Estee, too! And it is very affordable, bless Estee Lauder for keeping their classics. Evangeline wore it as SotD one day this week, and that got me thinking about it again. I didn't know it was a Bernard Chant creation. My husband said Estee smelled like hand soap (hopefully nice hand soap) when I sampled Estee once while we were out shopping. At least he didn't say bug spray. I pay no mind to "bug spray" remarks. That just makes me prick up my ears all the more, lol! I've always heard good things about Anisia Bella, though never tried it. I've never heard of the third one you mention.

This is my favorite Basenotes thread, too.

My small belated contribution has to include: Le Dix by Balenciaga, this wonderfully complex female chypre (almost a female powerhouse) does hardly get the appreciation it deserves

I 'd like to add a special edition of AVON which was launched in 2008 and the years followed discontinued and nowadays is very rare ti trace a bottle is MARK EARTH (Mark Earth by Avon is a wonderful and lush blend of green notes, flowers and warm woods, )
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Basenotes Plus

Ditto on my favorite thread and ongoing project (must seek out all mentioned and test)

@ jtd- I have Ines de la Fressage on order at the moment due to your post.

Very sad that I bought some Pivione and just didn't feel the love like I did with some of the others listed here- very sad- must retest
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Blog Entries

Oh, Knit, very interested to hear what you think! When i posted my review of it i was quite surprised to see that i was the only basenoter who had. I should warn this wasn't an, "Oh, Yes!!" fragrances on first sniff. More a quizzical, "Hhmmmm..." but i kept coming back and coming back. I quite love it now and almost more importantly admire it. Constantly dumbstruck to realize it is a 1999 fragrance. Utterly out of step with its era. Please let me know what you think.

Hillaire, am out of town at the moment but my blind buy of Patrick of Ireland should be waiting for me when i get home! Sounds right up my alley. Tedious flight and instead of trash novel and movies wrote about 10 perfume reviews. Will post when i can.
    jtd

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    My small belated contribution has to include: Le Dix by Balenciaga, this wonderfully complex female chypre (almost a female powerhouse) does hardly get the appreciation it deserves
    I'm fully with you on this one. I have a nearly full bottle. Is it really unsung? It's lovely.

Cabotine sensuelle by GRES
    White florals(mostly gardenia) with prominent the sweetness of Vanilla,heliotrope(intensive) and almond(intensive)...very creamy ,velvet and sensual(no wonder about the name)...
    I can't ignore the presence of a bit carnation spiciness ...

Juicy and gourmand top notes are composed of tangerine, peach and almond; rich flowers are in the heart: carnation, jasmine, gardenia and heliotrope; the base is made of vanilla, musk and patchouli
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

One of my favorites (even after some niche exposure) is the discontinued Dreams by Tabu.
    Now if you are expecting the spicey richness/skankiness? of Tabu look elsewhere .If you like soft well blended fruity florals proceed on ahead.
    The notes to this beauty are(according to Fragrantica)
    Top: Bergamot,Freesia,Magnolia
    Mid:Blackberry,Cassis,Peony,Lily of the Valley
    Base:White Peach,Sandlewood,Musk ,Vanilla
    I think the nearest scents I can relate this to are Lucky#6 by a Liz Claibourne brand and Trish McCavoy Blackberry and Vanilla Musk.Both of these blended together and "watercolored" (vs oil paints or acrylics )to give a visual analogy.

Hillaire

Quote Originally Posted by jtd View Post
    Oh, Knit, very interested to hear what you think! When i posted my review of it i was quite surprised to see that i was the only basenoter who had. I should warn this wasn't an, "Oh, Yes!!" fragrances on first sniff. More a quizzical, "Hhmmmm..." but i kept coming back and coming back. I quite love it now and almost more importantly admire it. Constantly dumbstruck to realize it is a 1999 fragrance. Utterly out of step with its era. Please let me know what you think.

Hillaire, am out of town at the moment but my blind buy of Patrick of Ireland should be waiting for me when i get home! Sounds right up my alley. Tedious flight and instead of trash novel and movies wrote about 10 perfume reviews. Will post when i can.
    Oh, I cannot WAIT to hear your impressions! I am actually such a fan of this mossy fougere, I have bought quite a bit to gift the men I know!

I acquired yet another full bottle of a frag on this list: Moschino, via a swap. Add that to

Chapeau Bleu
    Gabriele Sabatini
    Apercu
    Parfum Prive
    Talisman
    Vendetta

And I've gotten a bunch of sizable decants of various others. What's your damage because of this thread, ladies & gents?

Good question,

La Perla
    decant of Leonard de Leonard
    Bogner Woman
    Mini of something Laura Ashley (oops, not impressed by it, obviously)

But if I had more money to spare the list would have been longer
    ''Do unto others 20% better than you'd expect them to do unto you to correct for subjective error.''
    (Linus Pauling)

www.aafke-art.com

Quote Originally Posted by rednails View Post
    What's your damage because of this thread, ladies & gents?
    Hi everyone,

I've been on-and-off following this thread for a while and think it's about time I chimed in with my 'damage report'. Here's a photo of frags I've already purchased thanks to your recommendations:

already_purchased_unsung_treasures.jpg

L-R: Metal parfum; Eau de Metal; Anne Klein orig parfum; Balmain de Balmain parfum; Anthracite EDT; Roses & More EDT; Jil Sander No. 4 EDP; Chapeau Bleu EDP; Jean-Marc Sinan EDT; Apercu EDP; Moments; Donna Borsalino EDP; Gem parfum; and Van Cleef parfum. Minis of Trussardi Donna and La Perla original should also be in this pic, but I think I've loaned them to a friend.

But wait there's more! I've recently bought minis of the following, which haven't arrived yet:

Bogner Woman (plus Sonia Bogner Now and two other unidentified Bogners)
    Empriente and Sweet Courreges
    Gabriela Sabatini
    Histoire d'Amour
    Joop! Femme
    Luciano Soprani 2
    Nino Cerrutti pour Femme
    Parfum de Peau
    Rose Ispahan

Thanks to this thread, I also have a long list of 'wants' which are sure to inflict further damage to my bank balance :-( If any Aussie BNers are reading this and like the idea of doing sample swaps, please get in touch :-)
    Last edited by msveronica9; 1st August 2011 at 03:09 AM. Reason: corrections to list

Basenotes Plus

Oh dear, jtd I believe I have purchased a different version of Ines de la Fressage. The bottle mine came in is a very fancy gold and embossed leaf affair, which is not pictured in the I dl F review you posted, but is shown in the 2004 issue. No matter because ...I would never have tried without your post and experienced a resounding "Oh, YES". Now I just have to get the original version, too.

Per fragrantica: Ines de la Fressange 2004 was launched in- (what a surprise knit adds), 2004! The nose behind this fragrance is Alberto Morillas. Top notes are black currant, mandarin orange, neroli and bergamot; middle notes are peony, orris, white rose and lily-of-the-valley; base notes are patchouli, benzoin, vetiver and white musk

Right out of the bottle this has a juicy black current/ black berry note that is gorgeous and put me immediately in mind of Delrae Roth's Bois de Paradis. The heart and drydown are reminiscent of Olivier Strelli or a less sweet version of the original Adrienne Vittadini. I already want a back up bottle.....thanks jtd
    A Scent Rescuer

More acquisitions (via swap): Strass, Balmain de Balmain, decant of Gucci 3

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by knit at nite View Post
    Oh dear, jtd I believe I have purchased a different version of Ines de la Fressage. The bottle mine came in is a very fancy gold and embossed leaf affair, which is not pictured in the I dl F review you posted, but is shown in the 2004 issue. No matter because ...I would never have tried without your post and experienced a resounding "Oh, YES". Now I just have to get the original version, too.

Per fragrantica: Ines de la Fressange 2004 was launched in- (what a surprise knit adds), 2004! The nose behind this fragrance is Alberto Morillas. Top notes are black currant, mandarin orange, neroli and bergamot; middle notes are peony, orris, white rose and lily-of-the-valley; base notes are patchouli, benzoin, vetiver and white musk

Right out of the bottle this has a juicy black current/ black berry note that is gorgeous and put me immediately in mind of Delrae Roth's Bois de Paradis. The heart and drydown are reminiscent of Olivier Strelli or a less sweet version of the original Adrienne Vittadini. I already want a back up bottle.....thanks jtd
    Hi, Knit,

So glad you like the I dl F that you got! I've always wondered what it was like. How funny that a planned unsniffed purchase became an inadvertent unsniffed purchase---and that it worked to your advantage! Now of course I'm wondering what I'm missing having only the 1999 version. I may just have to take the plunge on the 2004.
    jtd

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    Oh, I cannot WAIT to hear your impressions! I am actually such a fan of this mossy fougere, I have bought quite a bit to gift the men I know!
    I've tried Patrick of Ireland for a couple of days now and just love it! I see the connection to Paco Rabanne pour Homme, but Patrick is really its own thing. I'm in hot southern California now and this is one of the better fougeres for hot climates. The musk somehow maintains the coumarin soapy thing and Patrick just blooms in the heat. Thanks for informing us on this one! Another winner from this thread. (And you're so smart to supply this to men you know. I wouldn't mind being surrounded by this.)
    jtd

Hillaire

I've tried Patrick of Ireland for a couple of days now and just love it! I see the connection to Paco Rabanne pour Homme, but Patrick is really its own thing. I'm in hot southern California now and this is one of the better fougeres for hot climates. The musk somehow maintains the coumarin soapy thing and Patrick just blooms in the heat. Thanks for informing us on this one! Another winner from this thread. (And you're so smart to supply this to men you know. I wouldn't mind being surrounded by this.)

Oh, jtd, I am thrilled to learn it's a hit with you! It's a true mossy scent, and it's such a relief to smell something modern that uses so much oakmoss.

Hillaire

Tonight I want to add a couple of really affordable mens fragrances, which are both totally unisex classics and both more forgotten than ''unsung".

The first one is the vintage formulation of Monsieur Givenchy. I recently discovered this incredible tart-and-soapy sandalwood masterpice is available on ebay, in its vintage formulation.... DIRT CHEAP. Needless to say, I bought some, but I also felt inspired to spread the word.

It's one of the classic Givenchys they chose to 'bring back; in their expensive 'Exclusifs' line, but the new formulation is nothing more than a pale nod to reformulated Chanel Pour Monsieur.

The magic of the original Monsieur Givenchy is its redolent-and-true sandalwood note that it ultimately dries down to.
    It's rich, lingering and really high quality. (If you know what real sandalwood essential oil goes for these days, you understand that these old bottles of MG are probably worth their weight in gold!)

I remember discovering this fragrance in my teens, at the exact time I discovered Givenchy's other mens masterpiece Givenchy Gentleman. I procured samples of both took them home to try. They struck me then as the perfect true sandalwood scent and the perfect true patchouli scent respectively (I found only the MG feminine enough to buy and wear at that time).
    And I still consider it the best sandalwood scent ever (except maybe Crabtree & Evelyn's now-unthinkably-expensive Santal Mysore).

But, as I mentioned, I can only advocate its original formulation. I have come across several reviews that characterize it as being a bright, citrusy fougere that lies between Chanel's PM and YSL's YSL PH; this observation is likely of the new formulation, or maybe of the older formulation's top notes exclusively. I promise,it departs from being a Chanel PM clone in its drydown, where it evolves into a really warm, smooth, buttery, ashy, soapy sandalwood fragrance.

Look out for bottles that sport a wrap-around label or are smaller, black-capped atomizers. Classic-style Givenchy bottles with labels that are small and sit in the middle of the face-side indicate the reformulated version that preceded the latest, "Exclusifs" offering. You'll want to avoid these; they don't use the natural-smelling sandalwood.

Here's a good one:

Here's a good one:

Another good one:

An original formulation here, too:

And here's one you'll want to avoid:

And by all means, avoid this pricey, washed-out sucker:

Last edited by Hillaire; 30th August 2011 at 06:04 AM.

Hillaire

The other mens fragrance I'd like to revive tonight is Monsieur Musk by Houbignant (or Dana) from 1973. This has always been my favorite 'clean' musk smell; it's sweet, heady, and plush with a really classic attitude. This is as unisex as unisex could be; I'd even recommend it to young women as an finer alternative to JLo Glow.

I was so excited to discover it's totally still cheap cheap cheap (and undiscovered). It's another one that would be mistaken for niche in a sample line-up because it's really simple and sophisticated. This is almost a must-have for musk lovers. I don't know how long it's been out of production, but it seems there are still lots of bottles around on the internet.

Probably the original bottles that still have Houbigant on the box as the house are the most desirable (I recall my grandfather had a bottle of that one), but I can testify to the quality and loveliness of the Dana version.

I have one like this:

And one like this:

My grandfather's bottle looked like this one offered by an ebay seller:
    Last edited by Hillaire; 30th August 2011 at 06:06 AM.

Manes and Manes Ice - two discontinued wonderful scents.

Hillaire

I am so excited to tell everyone about my latest Unsung discovery!!

Firstly, if there was one celebrity perfume line of all time that stood out above the rest, it was Priscilla Presley's. I like to think it was her artisitc direction, that ol Prissy had some crazy good taste, but who knows?

Moments is maybe my favorite dark, civety rose chypre these days, but good lord is it expensive, but I guess it's kind of on par with Soir de Lune and a lot less than Portrait of a Lady. Oh, it's very much like the original Montana Parfum de Peau. So if you want to spend 150USD on a great fragrance, you cannot go wrong with it.

I also cannot say enough nice things about Indian Summer, another chypre, which is both fresh and complex, and totally unique smelling. Also pretty pricey though.

But my rave tonight is about Roses and More. It's sick that it can be bought for 5USD on ebay, and that it's so FREAKING good.
    To make it simple, it sits squarely between Tresor and Amouage Dia Woman. I don't happen to like Tresor, as it's screechy to my nose, but RaM doesn't have that aspect at all, rather it has the peachy-boozy aspect of Tresor I rather like. As for its resemblance to Dia, I have been searching high and low for anything close to it for years, and this is not only the closest thing, it's the dadgum jackpot. The opening is almost exactly the same! (And, yes, I have done a side by side).

Carthusia 1681

1681 was quite a good surprise for me even if I'm not particularly fond of Carthusia's fragrances. An iris driven opening pleasantly leaning towards the waxy side (lipstick) and enriched by herbs (rosemary), lavender and musk. The frankincense note is remarkably present throughout adding some depth expecially in the middle phase. Woody patterns and hints of neroli/bergamot enhance the classic aspect of this "modern" masculine composition.

Overall 1861 is quite an unique fragrance that's at the same time very wearable yet anything but silly. Distinctive and discreet, classic and modern, somehow "serious". Love it.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    To make it simple, it sits squarely between Tresor and Amouage Dia Woman. I don't happen to like Tresor, as it's screechy to my nose, but RaM doesn't have that aspect at all, rather it has the peachy-boozy aspect of Tresor I rather like. As for its resemblance to Dia, I have been searching high and low for anything close to it for years, and this is not only the closest thing, it's the dadgum jackpot. The opening is almost exactly the same! (And, yes, I have done a side by side).
    You had me at DIA... so yes, I succumbed to the Roses and More blind-buy bugaboo, but at less than $10 including shipping -- what the heck? I'll report back when it arrives!

Hillaire

Quote Originally Posted by C Rose View Post
    You had me at DIA... so yes, I succumbed to the Roses and More blind-buy bugaboo, but at less than $10 including shipping -- what the heck? I'll report back when it arrives!

Oh, good, C. I cannot wait for your report! I think it's so good, if you don't love it, I'll pay you five bucks for it !

Alafrom, I am so glad you brought up that Carthusia; I have been wondering about it!

Basenotes Plus

Bumping thread with a report:
    Still happily investigating scents from this thread. I almost had a bottle of the Bleu de Chine by Marc de la Morandiere recently from e-bay. (heavy sigh) The seller cancelled the transaction and refunded the purchase price when he said he broke the bottle while packing it. Darn.

I did just get a 30 ml EDT of Genny as pictured in persephone88's post will sample today for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone88 View Post
    A couple of more recommendations:

Bleu de Chine by Marc de la Morandiere - gorgeous floral chypre with a hint of spice

Michelle by Balenciaga - beautiful and full-bodied raspberry chypre, I don't know why but I smell raspberry...

I also don't see original Genny.

A Scent Rescuer

Having loved the original white floral extravaganza that is Murmure by Van Cleef & Arpels, and being a big fan of Ylang Ylang, I've often wondered what the Murmure Ylang Ylang de Madagascar is like.
    Anyone?

I found a small bottle of this Musk for Men, the Houbignant version, at an estate sale for a couple of bucks. As a masculine, it's right up there with other classics like Guerlain's Vetiver, imho. Very clean, barbershop, James Bond-ish scent.
    Olfacta
    also at http://olfactarama.blogspot.com
    Musings and random thoughts about the genie in the bottle

Hillaire

Olfacta, I am so glad you like that one !! I agree, it's an unmistakable classic. I wear it pretty often myself. It's SO clean.

I'm bumping this as my face thread found so far on BN and I have something to add but need to do some homework first. Brb

Oleg do key . My treasure is Grain de Sable by Nicky Verfaillie. I was bought this at Athens airport in 1985 and used every drop and the bottle got broken in a move shortly after finishing it. I never found any again. If memory serves it's a floral, rare for me but a floral in the mold of the much later Dune which I adore, I think the note I love is the gorse.

Please if anyone has any of this please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alityke View Post
    Oleg do key . My treasure is Grain de Sable by Nicky Verfaillie. I was bought this at Athens airport in 1985 and used every drop and the bottle got broken in a move shortly after finishing it. I never found any again. If memory serves it's a floral, rare for me but a floral in the mold of the much later Dune which I adore, I think the note I love is the gorse.

Please if anyone has any of this please PM me.
    Had a quick look around and the closest I can find unfortunately is this...

http://cgi.ebay.fr/LOT-DANCIENS-TUBE...0#ht_500wt_949

This small sample of fragrances appears to contain a sample. Perhaps it might help you remember it clearer and find a closer match that is readily available?

Basenotes Plus

Reporting in- found one of the listed treasures- an almost full bottle of Dilys by Laura Ashley for $5 USD at a thrift store. It was priced lower than a bunch of BBW scents. tee hee. Never sniffed this in its heyday.
    A Scent Rescuer

Bless you thanks for the help

Hillaire

Reporting in- found one of the listed treasures- an almost full bottle of Dilys by Laura Ashley for $5 USD at a thrift store. It was priced lower than a bunch of BBW scents. tee hee. Never sniffed this in its heyday.
    knit, I'll swap you something GOOOD for that one Sabi?. It's one Ima pining for.

Hillaire

Eau d'Ivoire!

I don't recall if anyone posted about this one but I just got a bottle of Chopard Madness . YUM! Incence,Spices,somthin fruityish,a whiff of cocoa(dark)?,and rosewood! MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Hmm..... this may require a backup bottle ....
    Off to evilbay.........
    Fragrance Omnivore

Basenotes Plus

Bumping this thread.

Fans of floral green oakmoss-rich chypres, I just bought this blind and am very impressed.

Shiseido Koto was launched in 1967 for the Japanese market. Notes from FG: aldehyde opening, citruses, herbs and spices. The heart consists of narcissus, gardenia, orris root, jasmine, lily of the valley, jonquil and rose. The base features moss, patchouli, leather, amber, vetiver and castoreum.

I get moss, light green florals, and the base gets a touch powdery. Very well blended- genteel/refined but in a happy & non-pretentious way. Very strong for an EDC- but not loud. Non soapy.
    If you like Y , Le Temps d'un Fete, Sabi or this genre in general, give it a shot. A 2.7 oz bottle will run you under $50 online.
    A Scent Rescuer

Blog Entries

This one is flying under the radar - Lucky Scent has it. But there, you get a DVD and a brochure with the purchase, to explain the movie character. Never mind all that, and try a 5 ML sample (roll-on or spray) from The Perfumed Court. One of my cherished favorites ...

TAUER PERFUMES - Tableau de Parfums - Miriam

Disclaimer: This User is not affiliated with TAUER PERFUMES.
    There are no answers, only choices. (Stanislav Lem)

I don't see Halston, which is still available and quite cheap. I love this scent.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”
    ― Marian Bendeth“

Shiseido Koto ... If you like Y , Le Temps d'un Fete, Sabi or this genre in general, give it a shot. A 2.7 oz bottle will run you under $50 online.
    Darn you, Knit!! With a "if you like" lineup like that -- listing three of my favorites -- I could not resist. (blind bought for under $30...)

Quote Originally Posted by bookwyrmsmith View Post
    I don't recall if anyone posted about this one but I just got a bottle of Chopard Madness . YUM! Incence,Spices,somthin fruityish,a whiff of cocoa(dark)?,and rosewood! MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Hmm..... this may require a backup bottle ....
    Off to evilbay.........
    As much as I hate to admit it, I saw a bottle of Vittadini Amore for 7.99 at Marshall's and said "what the heck". It is a ringer for Madness. Not that Madness isn't super cheap already, but if you want to pay dumpster prices, go with Amore.

How much I wish that all threads would be like that!

Was glad to see that many of my treasures are also treasured by knowledgeable perfume-lovers.

So here is my list

Azuree - Estee Lauder - leathery green epochal, 1969 (didn't change since then, which is a miracle)

Silences - Jacomo - mysterious, full of oakmoss and 80-s atmosphere, 1978

Yohji Essential (my favourite light chypre), apothecary and aromatic, completely unique (talking about old 1998 formula, not new version, about which people's opinions divided, some say its OK, very close to old one, some say NO, I didnt try yet)

Others Yohji are great as well

Valentino Gold - the most sensual, feminine, soft-spicy ad attractive perfume that I ever tried. Love - beyond words

S.T. Dupont "Signature" (female and male) - on spicy side, so unusual, so rich in notes, seductive, addictive
    S.T. Dupont - S.T. Dupont pour Femme - chypre, 1998, Bertrand Duchaufour (he also created female version of Signature for S.T. Dupont
    S.T. Dupont pour Homme - aristocrathy

I think best of Dupont, love them more than Orazuli.

Salvador Dali....Very special trio for me.

"Laguna" - grown from liking to loving
    *Salvador Dali Salvador Dali" female, in black box on sides, ( brown lips and nose)- impossible to describe really, you gotta love Salvador Dali to realise how much of everything in this perfume)

Le Roy Soleil Salvador Dali
    - another unique one

Azzaro 9 - tulips, tulips, tulips...........

And, recently received Strass by Soprani, YES!!!

All named fragrances are CREATED by great noses, with love and imagination, not mass-produced, thats why will always have place on my shelves and in my heart

wlll add Azzaro Visit female, left review, you can read it on fragrantica now or wait a century on basenotes, lol