Code of Conduct

Default Musc Kublai Khan

Can Musc Kublai Khan be an everday musk?

Default Re: Musc Kublai Khan

Discretely applied, yes. I wear it to work often.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

It may have stealth sillage, but it last pretty long. A bit too sexy for work/casual wear but who cares ???? Really.
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Great question. I've recently acquired a bottle of this work of art and I've been struggling with the appropriateness of it in certain situations. Be interested to hear others' take on this as I've been kind of hesitant to wear it out of the house.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsmellzalot View Post
    I've been kind of hesitant to wear it out of the house.
    That's Classic! LOL.

It doesn't seem office appropriate even in the lightest amounts. It's to sexual and animalistic.
    Last edited by neal; 11th April 2010 at 03:34 PM.

I think it's subtle, almost subliminal, it can seriously arouse others, so it needs to be used strategically. If you want to get someone at work a little worked up, it's the perfect agent provocateur.

Sincerely, I think it is. On me it's definitely NO sillage monster, in fact, it's pretty subtle. I had been expecting a sexbomb..but on me it's just a somewhat dirty skin musk. I'm not using it to work, just because I'm afraid my nose has a problem and other people might smell all the skank,sex and dirt..I'm totally biased by what I had been reading about it!!!
    Actually Musk Ravageur (which I love!!) has more of the sex and sin I had been expecting to find here...so..go on, use it. I'll start to use it too! If I start getting funny looks, I'll tell ya!!

It depends on how sexual you want to smell at work. I usually just wear it for my own amusement on days off when my partner is at work because he thinks it smells like a homeless person. I do love it, though. I'm in the camp that thinks it smells like men's balls with a light dusting of rosy powder at about mid-afternoon.

Would this be a good clubbing scent? That is the only appropriate thing I can think of!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    I think it's subtle, almost subliminal, it can seriously arouse others, so it needs to be used strategically. If you want to get someone at work a little worked up, it's the perfect agent provocateur.

And that would be deliciously evil. (will keep my little decant for such things... or other, more special, occasions.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Quote Originally Posted by mike1990 View Post
    Would this be a good clubbing scent? That is the only appropriate thing I can think of!
    I think it's more like a good dating-scent (if there is such a thing!!).Because for clubbing... it just doesn't have enough sillage (well at least here, in Spain, where you can still smoke in clubs (and practically everywhere)..so you mostly smell of cigarettes when you come back home..what a waste for a good frag...)..
    But I mean, guys..do you really get all that viciousness from this?? Even my mom thinks I smell divine when I wear it, and I'm sure she wouldn't like me to smell like unwashed body parts...
    Last edited by allabouteve; 12th April 2010 at 04:30 PM.

OK my generous MKK sample arrived today with a whole other shebang of glorious goodies , so I was a little weary of trying the infamous MKK . Should I dab just a little on my skin , just have a little sniff from the atomiser . In for a penny in for a pound I thought and whooshed a couple of spritzes on my arm with somewhat carefree abandon .

Sure its a little poopy but not quite the huge shit n ass bomb I was expecting . Its really quite lovely , I applied about 10 or 15 minutes ago and the iddy biddy poopiness has dried down some and its really rather pleasant , salty sweet powdery ( yeah Im no fancy reviewer here ) .... really dont know what these reviewers are on about certainly doesnt smell like pubes to me LOL !!!!1111

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    Sure its a little poopy but not quite the huge shit n ass bomb I was expecting . Its really quite lovely...
    I can see your point. I have given it two full wearings. The first time I quite spritzed myself away, felt comfortable and nobody commented about it. Actually, I quite enjoyed it, just a bit raunchy - in the positive way. The second time I had that faint slightly poopy smell all time long, which then just made me think this is not how I want to smell. Still, 1-2 full wearings left in my sample

MKK has never smelled particularly raunchy to me, just a rather large civet note at first before it's swallowed up by powdery musk, rose, and patchouli. It's nice enough, but it loses its weirdness so quickly I don't find it shocking, and honestly, find it a little dull in the drydown. I really wish I found it more out-there than I do, but I don't.

Sure its a little poopy but not quite the huge shit n ass bomb I was expecting . Its really quite lovely , I applied about 10 or 15 minutes ago and the iddy biddy poopiness has dried down some and its really rather pleasant , salty sweet powdery ( yeah Im no fancy reviewer here ) .... really dont know what these reviewers are on about certainly doesnt smell like pubes to me LOL !!!!1111
    Yeah, actually I was initially a little disappointed that it wasn't anymore offensive when I first tried it :P I guess people might find it really difficult because it's a lot ruder than Kuoros, which is probably the most animalic male designer fragrance in the market today. When I tried MKK, it was love at first whiff and I had to buy a bottle there and then.
    Last edited by supperman; 11th June 2010 at 05:18 PM.

Morning Star

I'm a big fan of musk, and like Muscs Koublaï Khän a lot. I usually do not wear it to work, mostly because of the raunchiness factor. It is a perfect "club" fragrance, however. If I want to wear musk at work, I tend to layer Kiehl's Original Musk with another fragrance, usually one with a woody character like Gucci Pour Homme. If I'm really lazy that day, I'll just crack out the Jovan Musk for Men and "slum it."

Dependent

OK my generous MKK sample arrived today with a whole other shebang of glorious goodies , so I was a little weary of trying the infamous MKK . Should I dab just a little on my skin , just have a little sniff from the atomiser . In for a penny in for a pound I thought and whooshed a couple of spritzes on my arm with somewhat carefree abandon .

Isn't it lovely! The absolute closest that MKK gets to smelling a little "dirty" is when at certain points I am reminded of dried sweat (but it doesn't smell exactly/entirely like dried sweat)for very momentary instances - happens when I'm not smelling it up close. I hardly find it to be "skanky". Salty-sweet is the basic impression i get too!

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

MKK is not really the dirty beast we make it out to be. It is raunchy, yes, but subtle enough, IMO, to wear often. I wear it to work without any qualms.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

To my uncultured and unrefined nose , its no worse than musc ravageur for skankiness ie - not really skanky - which I equally love

yeah i think people make a ig deal out of it when its really quite tame in my opinion..its just a nice smelling musk, imo...go for it, wear it all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    MKK has never smelled particularly raunchy to me, just a rather large civet note at first before it's swallowed up by powdery musk, rose, and patchouli. It's nice enough, but it loses its weirdness so quickly I don't find it shocking, and honestly, find it a little dull in the drydown. I really wish I found it more out-there than I do, but I don't.
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

The base is a simple, natural amber frag, if you can wait a while before leaving the house.

Rose & patchouli? Really? Wow.

I'm not afraid of or "put off" by many things, but MKK gives me a major overripe cheese or dirty socks vibe. Not sexy or rauchy or sleazy, just stinky -- for the most part. On some of my wears I've gotten that delicious sense of "a yurt filled with hides and burning beeswax candles" that Tania Sanchez describes (I'm paraphrasing) in The Guide.

It's still not my favorite musk, but I've got to try it again. Musc Ravageur is much, much more my speed, and that's a total comfort scent with a hint of sexy funk.

The sample I purchased from the Perfumed Court smell like a petting zoo. Goat Pellets Pour Homme!
    There is no love in modern life
    There is no hope in modern life

As always with SL it's very skin dependant.On some it will be raunchy and on others not...

I afirm that on my skin it smells like a dry cat pee.

And MKK is the closest recent frag that smells real civet excrement extract.