Code of Conduct

Default Going out to buy first perfume

For most of my life I really have disliked perfume due to my mum's florally taste and my dad being alergic. Until I tried one in Lush, the vanilla delight one and I adored it but the price really didn't fit how much you were getting to me so I left it. Now I am looking for a vanilla perfume like that sent but maybe without the high price tag of £25 for 30g.

I have been looking at Curious by Britney Speares and like the look of it but I have yet to smell it. I'm 18 so I can take the stronger of smells but I have no where to start so any suggestions would be great. I prefer strong/medium vanilla or honey scents but do tend to be picky if they are too sweet or too floral
    Last edited by VickiJW; 11th April 2010 at 09:03 PM.

Default Re: Going out to buy first perfume

There are many knowledgeable people here for sure so someone will definitely be able to steer you in the right direction. Welcome to basenotes!

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Strong vanilla and candy?!
    Forget Curious, go Fantasy,
    also from Spears!

Kenzo Amour would be worth trying - then track it down online to buy as it's available cheaper. Not too floral or sweet, very rounded and interesting. Have you seen the Lush solid Vanillary perfume? Under a tenner and nice to slip into a bag. Crazy Libellule and the Poppies is another line of solid perfumes, their vanillas are found in their Poule De Luxe line. Finding them to sample might be tricky, but if you do run into any, they are stunningly good value for money. I have the Vanilla Sucre Glace and it's a great white floral/gourmande/vanilla that lasts and lasts. I'm not a huge flowery scent fan either, but it works nicely in this.

Have fun shopping!
    Last edited by Petra Ichor; 12th April 2010 at 04:07 PM.
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Petra Ichor View Post
    Kenzo Amour
    Apropos Kenzo ... try their Jungle L'Éléphant,
    that is a strong and heavy vanilla based scent!

Post Thanks / Like

You should defenitely try Ava Luxe's Love's true bluish light.

I tried Britney Speares fantasy today and gosh, love much xD I bought the smaller size and my mum has been borrowing it.

Post Thanks / Like

The Duc sure knows his stuff! Glad you found something you like, and now you know what to get your mom for her next birthday!

She actually asked me who it was since she said she smelt it off one of my aunts, I love the smell of it and it doesn't start my dad coughing, which is a bonus

Hey there, why don't you just get LUSH's solid perfume version of the same stuff - "Vanillary"?! It retails for six pounds. I find LUSH's solids great, they are cute and convenient, will fit in any purse, so you can reapply anytime you wish. Don't let the small tins fool you, the stuff last for ages and has great staying power.
    Last edited by Rain; 13th April 2010 at 11:54 PM.

Ah never tried the solids I thought they would never smell the same as the perfume, when I tried it it was really strong vanilla when I got in the car that was about an hour after spraying it xD parents couldn't miss me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    The Duc sure knows his stuff! Glad you found something you like, and now you know what to get your mom for her next birthday!