Code of Conduct

Thread: Scrubbers

Default Scrubbers

Do any of you have any tricks for scrubbing perfume off skin? Like when you test something and you just hate it and can't wait to get rid of the smell and several washings just aren't enough and you just want to puke.

Default Re: Scrubbers

I use a nylon scrubbie thing (like this one) for tenacious fragrances. I also find that dishwashing liquid sometimes gives better results than liquid hand soap. I haven't come up against anything that could withstand these two in combination.

Quote Originally Posted by NillaGoon View Post
    I use a nylon scrubbie thing (like this one) for tenacious fragrances. I also find that dishwashing liquid sometimes gives better results than liquid hand soap. I haven't come up against anything that could withstand these two in combination.
    NillaGoon,

I tried what you suggested. It worked! it took two scrubbings with dishwashing liquid and a nylon scrubbie, but I finally managed to get rid of the scent. Thanks so much!

Sometimes applying a good deodorant over the scrubber works. Let sit a couple minutes, then apply soap and wash off.

I do exactly what NillaGoon does, nylon scrubber and liquid dish soap, twice.

My arms do get kinda dried out though if I have tried too many real stinkers in a row. Then I apply unscented pure coconut oil to moisturize.

Quote Originally Posted by *bloomy* View Post
    My arms do get kinda dried out though if I have tried too many real stinkers in a row.
    Me too, I get a bit red and raw after too many repetitions. But one must suffer to smell beautiful.
    Last edited by NillaGoon; 13th April 2010 at 12:30 AM.

The worst scrubber I ever tried came off with Liquid Tide laundry detergent.
    Olfacta
    also at http://olfactarama.blogspot.com
    Musings and random thoughts about the genie in the bottle

Hillaire

Ooh, I use rubbing alcohol. Or once or twice have resorted to nail polish remover followed by rinsing. Both work.

I figure oil will dilute/dissolve the oils in the fragrance, so first I rub a thick lotion into arms & hands (I use Vanicream -- thick, unscented, and inexpensive), rinse this off in hot water, then wash with regular soap and water. This usually works.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    Ooh, I use rubbing alcohol. Or once or twice have resorted to nail polish remover followed by rinsing. Both work.
    Nail Polish remover will "de-fat" the skin. You should be sure to apply some type of oil after using it.

I too use rubbing alcohol followed by soap and water, then lotion.

Reine

Worst ever - Guerlain Allegoria Pamplelune!

I too use rubbing alcohol followed by soap and water, then lotion.

Reine

Worst ever - Guerlain Allegorica Pamplelune!

Basenotes Institution

Worst ever - Montale Patchouli Leaves- scrub ,scrub, NOTHING removed it including a shower. I just use dishwashing liquid with a washing facecloth normally. But for Patchouli Leaves- one may just have to amputate.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by kwhitney View Post
    Nail Polish remover will "de-fat" the skin. You should be sure to apply some type of oil after using it.
    Pure acetone (the basic ingredient in nail polish remover) works even better.

edit- oups--- ok, methods I use for scrubbing:

-soap
    -acetone/alcohool
    -liquid laundry detergent (this works best!!! I use Vanish, but I guess others work just as fine)
    -...than I moisture
    Last edited by w3pearl; 29th April 2010 at 03:54 PM.
    "Diego: Why did you do that? you could've died trying to rescue me.
    Manfred: That's what you do in a herd: you look out for each other. " (Ice Age)

Usually rubbing alcohol does the trick for me.

I used to use rubbing alcohol but now my go to scent remover is Windex anti-bacterial multi-surface cleaner(the yellow one). Just spray on top and then wash with soap and water.

I've used both rubbing alcohol and Boraxo hand soap and both have done the trick for me.

Hot water + soap (not Dove, that is not soap, it is a cleaning bar) + brush + a scent you like (or) unscented deodorant = it sometimes work.

There are scents being released with high-technology fixatives than won't let the stink leave your skin in less than 24 hours even if you use bleach for scrubbing it. Luckily, this isn't so common.
    Last edited by Pollux; 1st May 2010 at 11:04 PM.