Comme des Garçons SpicyCocoa for me.

Have a lovely Sunday!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Sunday 11 April

Manoumalia - LesNez
    Wishlist is pointless.

Sur la Plage

My Scent of the Day is Yves Saint-Laurent Kouros.

Top notes: Laurel, Artemisia, Coriander, Bergamot
    Middle notes: Carnation, Cinnamom, Geranium, Jasmine
    Base notes: Vetiver, Patchouli, Amber, Musk

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

Apres L'Ondee

Have a sweet smelling Sunday, y'all!

Nothing yet. I still smell of Sous le Vent that I wore last night. I just wanted to wish RainDropSparkle a very Happy Birthday!

Itt's 12:30 am here in So. Cal. I am cooking for a baby shower I am co-hosting tomorrow. I am tired, boo!
    Evenstar

Sotd for work is JPG Classique.
    SotE is Musc Ravageur.
    Last edited by ineespenes; 11th April 2010 at 02:54 PM.

Wearing Libertine (Vivienne Westwood) today.

Happy Sunday all!
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Basenotes Plus

Voyage d'Hermes.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Montale Sweet Oriental Dream, as cute and soft as a kitties nose.

Notes: rose, almond, vanilla, powder

A relaxing Sunday to all who need one!
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Eva Pasco

Good morning!

One needs very little of Cinnabar to go a long way...my choice today.

"Happiness isn't getting what you want, it's wanting what you've got." Garth Brooks

May each of us verbalize and demonstrate our appreciation for those we love...

Un Jardin sur le Nil: watery-weedy green for a couple of days away at the Norfolk coast.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Good morning!

I'm wearing Maya by AbdesSalaam Attar Profumo.

Chocolate, vanilla and spices.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Mmm, you smell swell, musse! When I’m in the mood for the sweetness, Libertine’s great.
    Still coasting on chocolate, which daughter has worked into tons of birthday desserts for husband (today I wished him happy birthday, day III). Will somebody come over and help eat all this stuff?
    Gave DH the choice in the final selection process — Jicky or Cadjmere for our day outside? Jicky it is!
    Happy to have negotiated a swap for 10ml more Cadjmere, so feeling quite content about the whole wardrobe at present.
    Can't bear to look at any more sugary confections, so you’re getting sparkling champagne, dear Rain Drop! Have an exceptional day all day long.

In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Kiton Men

Basenotes Plus

Happy Birthday, Raindropsparkle! (Q, I'm sorry - don't look )

Creed Royal Delight

Have a lovely Sunday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Best birthday wishes RainDropSparkle!

Today is for Iris Nobile, Acqua di Parma

L De Lolita Lempicka

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Baldessarini today
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Hello everyone!

It's the final day of the French Quarter Festival , and I'm in another from Keiko Mecheri - this time it's the beautiful floral White Petals. I love several of KM's florals but this is my favorite. Dewey and lush, soft and serene - perfect for a mild and sunny day.

Happy Birthday RainDropSparkle!

Y'all have a great day!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 11th April 2010 at 02:51 PM.

Thanks for birthday wishes yesterday! Argh, getting old Today, it's Guerlain's sublimely uplifting Chamade PdT

Basenotes Institution

Happy Birthday K / RainDropSparkle ! Have a very wonderful new year ! XOXOXO

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Musc Ravageur, but after Pilates class. The other day, the woman on the next mat was wearing Angel, a fragrance that I rather enjoy sniffing on others. But in the heat and close quarters, it was a bit too much, prevented me from focussing.

Afternoon to y'all,

wonderful spring day here, so I dug out the spring flowers; Yardley's April Violets layered with Guerlain's Les Meteorites. Bootiful.

Blog Entries

Happy Birthday,
    RaindropSparkle!

Blog Entries

Profumum - Oxiana

Powerfully green at first, edginess gives way to creamy myrrh.
    Mysterious lavender comes and goes.
    The fairies come out to play. Dancing in the dappled light.
    Notes: Musk, patchouly, opoponax, myrrh
    Last edited by kumquat; 11th April 2010 at 04:12 PM.

Started as soirdelune's scent sister in Un Jardin sur le nil... used matching lotion for first time, to extend the wear. YES! Lasted 40 minutes instead of 30...

Next, inspired by musse, am wearing Libertine. That will get me to the plant nursery and maybe through lunch...

Will go upscale to the museum this afternoon (Alice Neel paintings!) in Bois des Iles

Happy birthday Raindropsparkle! (what a pretty name...)

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

My SotE;

Blog Entries

Smile Re: SotD Sunday 11 April

Mitsouko.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I'm in Mimosa Pour Moi today!

I have to go prune all my rose bushes but I'm just enjoying sitting here for a few more minutes (procrastinating, in other words!)

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Bulgari Blu Notte today.

Sending happy birthday wishes to RainDropSparkle

Dior Homme...

Givenchy Ysatis Iris...

Happy Birthday RainDropSparkle! My dear 30Roses you smell wonderful! Today is SL Nuit du Cellophane
    Mapping the memory one scent at a time

Happy Birthday, Raindropsparkle. I found a picture of sparkling raindrops for you. Enjoy!

SOTD is Patou Colony from a small sample. This one is Not. For. Me.

Take care, all.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by C Rose View Post
    Started as soirdelune's scent sister in Un Jardin sur le nil... used matching lotion for first time, to extend the wear. YES! Lasted 40 minutes instead of 30...

Happy birthday Raindropsparkle! (what a pretty name...)
    Agree, it's a pretty name Raindropsparkle and Happy Birthday!

C Rose, you are too funny! I'm curious to time how long GSN actually lasts on me now. How many sprays did you use?
    Last edited by knit at nite; 11th April 2010 at 07:53 PM.

Basenotes Plus

My brother has been working on my rosebushes for two days now. To be continued tomorrow. Bless him!

I'm wearing TDC's Sublime Balkiss & getting stronger every day.

Happy birthday, Raindropsparkle!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Happy Birthday, RainDropSparkle! May your year be the most special one ever!

My SotD is Undecided by Distracted Libra Woman. Better to be an Aries some days, I guess. :-)
    Last edited by Haunani; 11th April 2010 at 08:35 PM.

Blog Entries

Vintage Mitsouko Extrait. Absolutely marvelous!
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 11th April 2010 at 08:56 PM.

Ivoire (Balmain)

Default Re: SotD Sunday 11 AprilRainDropSparkle

Happy birthday, RainDropSparkle!

It was a very busy Sunday and I was wearing Frapin 1270

Basenotes Institution

This afternoon ,my husband bought me Nahema EDP from my local perfume store . That place is a treasure trove of wonderful perfumes that people have forgotten about in favor of Paris Hilton and Heat by Beyonce. The packaging is black and gold- so I guess this is from the 1990s. So Nahema is my Scent of The Afternoon. I love it.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Happy Birthday, RainDropSparkle!

Wore SSS Rose Musc.

Quote Originally Posted by knit_at_nite View Post
    C Rose, you are too funny! I'm curious to time how long GSN actually lasts on me now. How many sprays did you use?
    The JSN (Jardins sur la Nil) -- I spray the beegeebers (sp?) out of it... about 5-6 sprays each arm? I really like it but it's hopeless on my skin... like all Ellena fragrances. (The Libertine lasted for hours!)

Happy Birthday
    Raindropsparkle!

(hope your b'day was as wonderful as can be!)

Tonight (since the sweetie's now winging off elsewhere for a while) I'm in Habit Rouge EDP (vintage I believe... the EDP is warm and wonderful.)
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    This afternoon ,my husband bought me Nahema EDP from my local perfume store . That place is a treasure trove of wonderful perfumes that people have forgotten about in favor of Paris Hilton and Heat by Beyonce. The packaging is black and gold- so I guess this is from the 1990s. So Nahema is my Scent of The Afternoon. I love it.
    Sounds absolutely lovely. (I'm not all about the roses either but... I DO make exceptions!)
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Basenotes Plus

Ok, then 5 or 6 sprays on each arm of M. Ellena's creation will also be my testing standard- just as soon as the Royal Bain de Champagne I doused myself in about 4 hours ago wears off
    Last edited by knit at nite; 12th April 2010 at 01:09 AM.

Happy Birthday Raindrop Sparkle! And best belated wishes to Mr.G and actiasluna! I hope all of you had a lovely birthday weekend!

SotD yesterday was No.5 Eau Premiere followed by No.22 EDT. SotD today is Miller Harris Cuir d'Oranger to match the green mood
    Last edited by Asha; 12th April 2010 at 01:36 AM.

Happy Birthday raindropsparkle. What gorgeous imagery today (I especially love bloomy's masculine iris and haunani's stunning spiny flower with sparkling raindrops!)

I wore Polo Modern Reserve all day--so fresh and green. Maybe some sampling this later evening, but enjoying the drydown of the Polo now.

I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Thank you Asha! (what a lovely photo... I had a little spider share the ride today with me on a riding mower, and he or she didn't leave for quite a while. Such personality some of those creatures have!) And I had a lovely birthday weekend... hope Mr G and RainDropSparkle did as well!

Good evening everyone!

I'm feeling pooped but pampered after a heavenly shower with Aromatics Elixir gel, followed by the heavenly body cream and a small spritz of perfume to punch up the patchouli. I'm really smelling up the place, and nobody's complaining. It's perfect!

Annick Goutal Myrrhe Ardente.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    I'm feeling pooped but pampered after a heavenly shower with Aromatics Elixir gel. I'm really smelling up the place, and nobody's complaining. It's perfect!
    Such a gorgeous scent. Every time you post about it I want to run in and spritz some on, but of course I am already scented by that time. I might put some on tomorrow, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Leesee View Post
    Such a gorgeous scent. Every time you post about it I want to run in and spritz some on, but of course I am already scented by that time. I might put some on tomorrow, though!
    I can tell you one thing, you'll smell perfect!

Now, if you ever see that velvet sheer gel (I think that's what it's called) get it! It's discontinued but still available online and super affordable. It's the perfect consistency for a roll-on, and it's a bit more subtle than the perfume spray. I like the spray for the blast of patchouli, and the cream (get this too if you don't already have it) and sheer gel stuff for the florals...actually, I wear all of them together and there's just nothing like it.

(I think we have rather similar tastes, Leesee, and that makes me so happy because I've noticed what extraordinary taste you have! )

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Aqua Velva Ice Blue Classic tonight.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Hello dear, sweet BNers! Thank you SO much for the lovely birthday wishes! I love all the beautiful pictures - cakes, flowers, champagne....plus the rain and raindrops, too!

You all are so kind. Thank you so much for your good wishes.

I had a nice birthday weekend. A little shopping, a little relaxing...tonight, DH cooked me a delicious dinner. Then, DH and my little girl sang "Happy Birthday" to me, and we had some cake (yum!).

SOTEvening is Manoumalia

Have a good night everyone, and we'll see you at the start of another week...hugs to all of you...