Code of Conduct

Default Help me decide, please!

I desire a lighter fragrance for spring and summer. I don't usually divide fragrances in winter/summer categories, but take a look at my wardrobe. Everything in it is a bit too dense to wear in warm weather. I'm in doubt should I get Dzongkha, Timbuktu or Bois Farine, all by L'artisan. I love incense notes, but I'm running out of Avignon, and i don't feel like repurchasing it. I am also running out of Dzongkha, but that I would repurchase, or switch to Timbuktu? Or give it a rest with incense notes and get Bois Farine?! I just don't know and wish I was rich enough to buy all the three mentioned...

Default Re: Help me decide, please!

I really, really love Timbuktu. It has a mezmerizing quality to it and never smells the same twice. The sillage and longevity are both incredible. My favorite L'artisan without a doubt. I like Dzongkha very much but never got around to purchasing it. As for Bois Farine, I'm in the group that thinks it's smells like peanut butter dough..and that's not a good thing...to me anyway. I've tried it in heat and it can get quite suffocating.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have and love all three but my pick for Spring & Summer would definitely be Timbuktu - the green mango & vetiver notes are so refreshing and invigorating!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Thank you very much for the advice, especially about Bois Farine being suffocating in warm weather, that's good to know. It was an unusually cold day today and as I was already biased toward Timbuktu before entering the store, I left with three sprays of Timbuktu on one arm and one spray of Bois Farine on the other, so Timbuktu projected much more, and BF seemed cosier - it doesn't remind me of peanut butter dough, where I live people rarely even eat peanut butter, let alone make cake out of it, but it did remind me of the flour glue we used in elementary school, not in a bad way though, I think it's a good comfort scent. So eight hours have passed, Timbuktu is still here and Bois Farine is mostly gone so I've applied Dzongkha on the other arm for comparison. Timbuktu and Dzongkha they are really like siblings, so much alike, then again so different in some aspects, dare I say like Yin and Yang?! Dzongkha the introvert Yin - slow, soft, insubstantial, diffuse, cold, wet, and tranquil. Timbuktu the extrovert Yang - fast, hard, solid, dry, focused, hot, and aggressive... I guess it works best for me to have an everyday incense scent I wear five or four days a week, the remaining days I'm wearing something different for versatility or trying something new, so I'm very likely getting Timbuktu.
    Last edited by Rain; 12th April 2010 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka View Post
    I have and love all three but my pick for Spring & Summer would definitely be Timbuktu - the green mango & vetiver notes are so refreshing and invigorating!
    I never knew Timbuktu had Mango! Go figure! The new L'artisan Nuit de Tubereuse has mango and Duchaufour himself said in a recent interview on Grain de Musc that the mango in it is mutant! I wonder how it'll play with the tuberose. God knows, it works well in Timbuktu.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain View Post
    Thank you very much for the advice, especially about Bois Farine being suffocating in warm weather, that's good to know. It was an unusually cold day today and as I was already biased toward Timbuktu before entering the store, I left with three sprays of Timbuktu on one arm and one spray of Bois Farine on the other, so Timbuktu projected much more, and BF seemed cosier - it doesn't remind me of peanut butter dough, where I live people rarely even eat peanut butter, let alone make cake out of it, but it did remind me of the flour glue we used in elementary school, not in a bad way though, I think it's a good comfort scent. So eight hours have passed, Timbuktu is still here and Bois Farine is mostly gone so I've applied Dzongkha on the other arm for comparison. Timbuktu and Dzongkha they are really like siblings, so much alike, then again so different in some aspects, dare I say like Yin and Yang?! Dzongkha the introvert Yin - slow, soft, insubstantial, diffuse, cold, wet, and tranquil. Timbuktu the extrovert Yang - fast, hard, solid, dry, focused, hot, and aggressive... I guess it works best for me to have an everyday incense scent I wear five or four days a week, the remaining days I'm wearing something different for versatility or trying something new, so I'm very likely getting Timbuktu.
    My cousin loves Bois Farine and it smells great on him. I guess the reason why I don't like it very much is because I can't see past the peanut butter dough association. You're assosiaction with it seems rather nostalgic and comforting. A comfort scent that reminds you of good times is always good to have. Maybe you should purchase a small decant just to remind you of those good ol' times I think of Dzongkha as a primarily iris scent tempered with a incense. It really is a lovely mix. But Timbuktu...that's in a league of its own!