Code of Conduct

Default Where to buy cologne online?

Hi everyone this is my 1st post. I would like to know where to find a reputable cologne store online that has decent prices. I have read that some sites sell knock offs and/or keep sending you ads or will send you a check that if you cash it you subscribe to something. I do not want any of those. I would just like a legit cologne store online that has good prices and sells the real stuff with no strings attached. I also don't mind buying testers, just as long as they are the real deal. Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by jp_81189; 12th April 2010 at 05:58 PM.

Default Re: Where to buy cologne online?

www.fragrancenet.com

super fast shipping, 100% authentic bottles. Use coupon code "TIM9" at checkout to get an extra 10% off your order

Hi JP.
    You've not put what country you are from in your profile, but if I need to buy anything I always buy direct from the perfumer where possible. Failing that as quite a few will not sell direct to you, I shop online at:
    Liberty London http://www.liberty.co.uk/
    John Lewis http://www.johnlewis.com/ mainly buy Bois 1920 from these
    First in Fragrance http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/
    Essenza Nobile http://shop.essenza-nobile.de/
    Lucky Scent (great for samples) http://www.luckyscent.com/

Oh sorry for not posting what country I'm from. I'm from the U.S. Thank you for your info.

Parfum1.com is the only discount retailer I will buy from. They are the ONLY discount site with an "A+" rating from the Better Business Bureau, only company without customer complaints, no accounts of shaven serial codes (that I could find), etc. I've purchased several frags from them and they always are in the original retail box and cellophane (when applicable).

All, and I mean all the other discount sites have complaints about service, shaven serial codes, etc. I ordered from fragrancenet based on all the praise it gets here and got an OLD bottle of GIT in a FAKE box, my 1 million was in a crushed box with the cellophane removed, le male had cellophane removed and the serial number was shaven off. Also, fragrancenet has an "F" rating with the better business bureau. I think scentedmonkey has a B or something like that.

I still buy Creed from Neiman Marcus but for designer frags, I get them from parfum1.
    Last edited by DHPet; 13th April 2010 at 11:22 PM.

I think Amazon.com is a great place to buy as long as the fragrances stated shipped from and sold by amazon.com. Their price is great along with free shipping option and amazing customer service.

i have found a website which sells all authentic and hard to find fragrances. www.hollywoodstyleperfumes.com they have so much variety that you can't imagine. try it out.

fragrancenet.com
    fragrancex.com
    parfume1.com
    minnewyork.com
    luckyscent.com

99perfume.com

Basenotes Plus

I second fragrancenet.com or fragrancex.com. My trick is to buy from fragrancenet on eBay and get it for an even cheaper price.

Walgreens.com is also a really good place to buy. Authentic, fast shipping, and good prices. A lot of times, they will have a 20% off coupon going too.

Dependent

1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Another for fragrancenet.
    Check the discount board for the 20% off code.
    P.s it's only fast shipping if you choose the upgraded shipping, if not expect to receive your fragrance in 10-14 days.

I order New Haarlem, Bleeker, and MI from Fragrancenet and did not upgrade shipping and I got it in less than 5 business days.

I buy from Ebay all the time. You just have to be careful. I get testers and used bottles on the cheap, especially. I know that not everybody uses or trusts Ebay, and it doesn't seem very popular here on BN, but I love it! It has its risks but also has enormous benefits. I buy from reputable sellers and have never had any problems. In fact, I buy most of my stuff from Ebay. Samples too.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

I agree with MissCasey about Ebay. If you're careful, and look into the seller before making a purchase you can get some very interesting things. I also order from Overstock and OverstockPerfume and my friends in the US ships them to me. Beyond that I'll buy from anywhere that has what I want as long as I have good reason to believe they're not charlatans, or some recourse in the event they send a fake. For example when I use Ebay I have recourse to both Ebay and Paypal in the event something goes wrong.

In all I've bought possibly thousands of fragrances, atomizers, antiques, pieces of jewelery, and other bits and bobs from a huge variety different online venues and ebay sellers. A number of which have bad reputations on Basenotes or elsewhere. I've probably gotten less than a dozen suspect items. In almost every case I've gotten most of my money back. If I set what I've lost, maybe one hundred dollars at the most, against what I've saved, which runs into thousands, I see no reason not to be happy with my overall experience.

eBay is another option, but definitely be careful. If there are 10 bottles with $.01 starting bids from the same seller, they're all probably fake. Used and tester bottles are your best bets.