Code of Conduct

Default I need help purchasing cologne for nights.

I'm 19 years old and I will be celebrating my 20th this upcoming weekend.
    I have seen and read most of the "which scent gets you the most female compliments" thread but since I'm fairly new to the colognes I have no idea which of the colognes are good for my age group.
    Anyways if someone could please give me some insight on which colognes would be best for going to a bar or a party for my age group, it would be extremely appreciated.

Default Re: I need help purchasing cologne for nights.

Kenneth Cole: Black is nice and classy, but still light feeling.

Lacoste: Pour Homme is like a dark vanilla or caramel smell, but masculine still.

Victoria Secret: Very Sexy For Him 2 is like a sweet wood smell, but more complex.
    Sell/Trade-- Issey Miyake(Summer '09)~Calvin Klein(One Summer '07 & '09)~Eau De Grey Flannel

Buy/Swap-- http://www.basenotes.net/threads/250...e-Want-Edition.

First off, and I do mean this in the most loving way possible, the word "cologne" as you're using it is a little misleading. Around here people take semantics very seriously. Technically, a "cologne" would be an EDC (eau de cologne) which is the weakest of the fragrances. I'm guessing what you're probably looking for (most likely) is an EDT (eau de toilette) which is a bit stronger than an EDC. Anyway, I'm not all that sophisticated or nearly as knowledgable as a lot of folks on basenotes, but what I would recommend for a young buck like you for a celebratory night like that would be one of the Creed house staples - either Millesime Imperial or Green Irish Tweed. You'll surely be getting lots of hugs and either of those fragrances is guaranteed to get you some serious compliments. They're a little pricey, though, so if you're looking for something a little less expensive maybe try Terre d'Hermesby Hermes. It's a real crowd pleaser too and about a third of the price of Creed. Good luck and happy early birthday!

L'Eau by S.T. Dupont would be a good choice.

Thanks So I'll avoid EDCs then. I found sirsmellzalot's post the more informative but I really appreciated the other posts. I think I'm going to put in an order in a couple hours and maybe go with one of the ones he listed.

Le Male is one of the most versatile night fragrances for any age. Escada Magnetism is a good night one as well but is one of those love or hate colognes. Same with Fahrenheit, versatile and even better for nights out to pick up the ladies.. but is also a love or hate one.

It depends on what you like too -- gourmands (sweet) fragrances, or maybe spicy, or green ones like Cool Water (although Cool Water falls into several classifications) Maybe you like citrus -- stuff like Curve or Gigli by Romeo Gigli. It helps to be more specific, even if you're new to the game, a little bit will help us a lot and then ultimately help of you.
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 13th April 2010 at 01:15 AM.

joop

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    joop
    Oh God.... Please don't get him buying that. He's 19. Do you want him to commit social suicide?!
    Sell/Trade-- Issey Miyake(Summer '09)~Calvin Klein(One Summer '07 & '09)~Eau De Grey Flannel

Buy/Swap-- http://www.basenotes.net/threads/250...e-Want-Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Geikamir View Post
    Oh God.... Please don't get him buying that. He's 19. Do you want him to commit social suicide?!
    bahaha

My best bar / party fragrances - Lolita Lempicka au Masculin (Vanilla, licorice, vetiver), Dior Homme Intense (Iris, chocolate, leather) and Bogart pour Homme (Vanilla rum, cinnamon spices). I'd recommend trying Fleur du Male as well, however this ones pretty polarising and I can't guarantee everyone of the fairer sex will enjoy it.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

I think 2 great options are;

Armani Black Code (popular but undeniably tasty!)

or

Victorias Secret Very Sexy For Him ((this is the 1st version)(girls will be getting wet for weeks after sniffing this)

Both very affordable.

I'd go for VS Very Sexy as pretty much nobody else will be wearing it.
    Got Musc Ravageur/Tobacco Vanille?

Fancy sample swapping? PM ME!

Roberto Cavalli Black
    Valentino V