Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: What is your absolute number one favorite fragrance of all time?

Currently my favorite is Kenzo Power. But Curve might still be my favorite all time since I've worn it for so long and feel I have a weird connection with it.

Probably a bit boring, but mine would be Bois du Portugal. Above all, I like masculine scents.

Difficult to pick one..... probably between Guerlain Vetiver and Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree

LHB. Love at first sniff, and unbeatable for more than two decades.
    Anakin: What was that all about?
    Obi-Wan: Well, R2 has been...
    Anakin: No loose wire jokes.
    Obi-Wan: Did I say anything?
    Anakin: He's trying.
    Obi-Wan: I didn't say anything!

-ROTS

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    Maybe dressed in a light, pale green.

Naaaaa, I'm just funnin' you guys. It's great stuff and on top of its genre, but doggone it, with that scent I wish I were wearing something else by the time six hours of wearing it comes. It's truly its wonderful self, but it always seems like it makes linear scents embarrassed for themselves. At least as I've worn it, admittedly not enough.
    And your favorite is?

I may need to check out some of these older Creed's that everyone loves so much. A cheaper alternative to Kenzo Power is Set Sail South Seas, if you've never tried it.. it has the EXACT same opening, and can be acquired for a fairly cheap price.

I hope this remains a top thread for a while so I can get even more opinions. Many seem to match which in my mind tells me that it has to be something phenomenal. I would love to know what SirSlarty's number one is!

I gotta go with Creed Windsor. Elegance, masculinity, and sophistication in a bottle - with sillage and longevity!
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears."

FAVORITES - Xerjoff Nio, Xerjoff 1861, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Gandini 1896 Teak Wood, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois, Terre d'Hermes parfum, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Helmut Lang EDP, Bond No.9 I Love NY Equality, Acqua di Parma Intensa Oud and Slumberhouse Jeke

In production - toss up between Creed Millesime Imperial and Penhaligon's LP No.9.
    I like your style Jon Rodgers. I like your style...
    Last edited by sirsmellzalot; 13th April 2010 at 03:45 PM.

Lorenzo Villoresi Uomo

Chanel Sycomore

Dunhill Edition for me as I took 13 years to find it from the day I smelled it from the salesman who came to see my dad.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Quote Originally Posted by KiatBkk View Post
    Dunhill Edition for me as I took 13 years to find it from the day I smelled it from the salesman who came to see my dad.
    +1

I still haven't found anything to top it

Un Jardin Apres La Mousson
    I'm not your toy.

Egoïste! Egoïste! Egoïste!

(with Prokofiev's music in the background)

I am still on my quest...not sure yet. My sniffer is too new. One of my fav's now is Versace Eau Fraiche and Versace Pour Homme and AMen Pure Malt. Going to be wearing Burberry London for the first time today though. It's a nice cool spring day in Wisconsin.

Right now, I'd say Chanel's Cuir de Russie...

Guerlain Vetiver with Aramis Tuscany nipping at it's heels. Now for discontinued that would go to Halston 101. It is the first real fragrance I purchased for myself back in 1984.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by sirsmellzalot View Post
    I like your style Jon Rodgers. I like your style...
    Merci, mon ami....

I'm going to be boring also and stick with Patou Pour Homme.

The Basenotes reviews are a bit over the top, and I hesitate to call anything, "Best male fragrance ever made," but it really is a masterpiece.

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Pour Homme

Pour Femme

Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 13th April 2010 at 08:32 PM.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chassagne Montrachet View Post
    Egoïste! Egoïste! Egoïste!

(with Prokofiev's music in the background)

AAAhahaha, hell yeah! Dance of the Knights!

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickins View Post
    I'm going to be boring also and stick with Patou Pour Homme.

The Basenotes reviews are a bit over the top, and I hesitate to call anything, "Best male fragrance ever made," but it really is a masterpiece.

-Slim
    This does have an intriguing set of top notes, too bad it's discontinued -- it has made it my test list as well.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Gengis Khan
    I've seen you post this before. The problem is that it doesn't seem to exist. Where the f**k do I get a sample of this stuff?
    TOP 10
    1. Eau Noire Cologne by Christian Dior
    2. Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3. New Haarlem by Bond No. 9
    4. Chergui by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido
    5. Francois Charles by Rance 1795
    6. Puro Intense by Nejma
    7. Usiku by Jo Wood Organics
    8. New York by Parfums de Nicolai
    9. Dia For Men by Amouage
    10. Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Check out my huge niche swap list at http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=239240

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCity1014 View Post
    I've seen you post this before. The problem is that it doesn't seem to exist. Where the f**k do I get a sample of this stuff?
    It exists, I've seen it on some guys list of "nearly impossible fragrances" that he would like to find.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    It exists, I've seen it on some guys list of "nearly impossible fragrances" that he would like to find.
    You mean the wanted list that I posted? How exactly does this help explain where one can get Genghis Khan?

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/244...get-fragrances
    Last edited by WindyCity1014; 13th April 2010 at 09:19 PM.
    TOP 10
    1. Eau Noire Cologne by Christian Dior
    2. Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3. New Haarlem by Bond No. 9
    4. Chergui by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido
    5. Francois Charles by Rance 1795
    6. Puro Intense by Nejma
    7. Usiku by Jo Wood Organics
    8. New York by Parfums de Nicolai
    9. Dia For Men by Amouage
    10. Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Check out my huge niche swap list at http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=239240

Basenotes Institution

Shalimar by Guerlain (Runner up: Vetiver by Guerlain [vintage])

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Armani Eau pour Homme
    +1
    ___

You mean the wanted list that I posted? How exactly does this help explain where one can get Genghis Khan?

Oh that was your list! lol, my bad.

Today (Hermes) Vetiver Tonka and Bois D'Argent (Dior)....It changes by the day...

Gengis Khan actually does exist btw, it was made in 1989 by Marc de La Morandiere.
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 13th April 2010 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NillaGoon View Post
    With all due respect, I'm shocked, shocked. Kouros, I get. But Paco Rabanne Pour Homme? How can this completely generic and unelaborated 70s fougere be anyone's favorite scent? It's like rhapsodizing over the color beige.

I'll grant that it's a pleasant smell. But better than Azzaro Pour Homme? Better than Rive Gauche?
    Oh, I've been wearing Paco for years and I never tire of it. It's the closest thing to a perfect fragrance for me: it's timeless, appropriate for all occassions, it's super masculine, it's strong, it has great staying power, it's got great sillage, it's so comfortable to wear, etc. I could go on and on. I just love it. Plus, the intense green smell of Paco Rabanne is intoxicating.

I think the only reason Paco Rabanne may smell generic to some people is because it has been copied by other fragrances for so long. It's still a benchmark for what an aromatic fougere is. Even Kouros was heavily influenced by it.

HERMES EQUIPAGE vintage and the new stuff

Thumbs up Re: What is your absolute number one favorite fragrance of all time?

I have been wearing Tabac Original EDC since 1973, and it is my 'desert island fragrance.' Dozens and dozens of other fragrances have come and gone, but Tabac Original remains. I also love the EDT, which is subtly different. There are so many other fragrances that I love, but for me, none will ever equal my precious Tabac Original by Mäurer & Wirtz!

Last edited by SillageMonger; 14th April 2010 at 08:18 AM.

I am eligible for Gucci Pour Homme rich with nucklear blast of incense, cedar, leather burning a hole under that make a pleasure, I can not imagine how it would go. Gucci PH is Masculine, Elegant, intriguing and Intense. I never felt when I lost even in the heat or cold. Although many condemned the aroma of pencil shaving and church catholic incense... but it is not just for hating. Hopefully, there will always be Gucci anywhere without discontinued.
    Last edited by ruffin; 14th April 2010 at 12:30 PM.

I - Kouros - Yves Saint Laurent
    II - Egoiste - Chanel

From my limited collection-- PDN New York

pff that's easy....Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene, what else ?

personal favorite:

Knize Ten !

right now MPG Santal Noble

Basenotes Plus

Vintage Quorum. I can't get enough of that one...
    I love cologne.

azzaro pour homme!

The first bottle of Silver Mountain Water I bought was the best juice that has ever touched my skin. Since then, I have found subsequent bottles WAY too metallic.

Quote Originally Posted by pourhomme View Post
    azzaro pour homme!
    another nice frag

Blog Entries

I suppose it will be no surprise if I mention that my all time favorite is Mitsouko? I did not think so. Well, it still is and ever shall be.

I always think of Aqua Velva Frost Lime and my Dad slapping a little on my face along with his after he was done shaving. I know generic and boring pedestrian juice.

That said, my favourite to wear right now is Floris Special No. 127. It gets some bad reviews, but I find it very charming, clean and uplifting. Together with the history behind it I just enjoy it so. Guess I know what I am wearing tomorrow.

I always think of Aqua Velva Frost Lime and my Dad slapping a little on my face along with his after he was done shaving. I know generic and boring pedestrian juice.

That said, my favourite to wear right now is Floris Special No. 127. It gets some bad reviews, but I find it very charming, clean and uplifting. Together with the history behind it I just enjoy it so. Guess I know what I am wearing tomorrow.

Halston Z-14 with Creed's Baie de Genievre a close second. One costs $10 at Marshalls and the other $200 at Bergdorf's--go figure. Love is blind in its choosing....
    Last edited by Oviatt; 15th April 2010 at 04:59 AM.

Out of production ~ Ungaro I
    in production ~ Moschino Pour Homme, what? not in production?
    in production ~ Life Essence by Fendi, No! Nemo? never mind.

PawelL

Giorgio
    Bijan
    Polo
    Last edited by PawelL; 21st April 2010 at 04:31 PM.

Why have my fellow Guerlineurs not chimed in yet? Of course, I am referring to Habit Rouge. I would take Heritage or almost any other Guerlain as a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by tsuzumi View Post
    Why have my fellow Guerlineurs not chimed in yet? Of course, I am referring to Habit Rouge. I would take Heritage or almost any other Guerlain as a close second.
    I'll gladly chime in! The mighty Habit Rouge is where my obsession began and it's still my all time favourite!

Kouros

My number 1- PRESENCE MONTBLANC

Quote Originally Posted by alexandr-kl View Post
    My number 1- PRESENCE MONTBLANC
    Great fragrance. A favourite of mine too.

Personally I find it impossible to cite an absolute favourite, I can only talk in terms of current Top Tens.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Oh, I've been wearing Paco for years and I never tire of it. It's the closest thing to a perfect fragrance for me: it's timeless, appropriate for all occassions, it's super masculine, it's strong, it has great staying power, it's got great sillage, it's so comfortable to wear, etc. I could go on and on. I just love it. Plus, the intense green smell of Paco Rabanne is intoxicating.
    OK, I'm convinced. This is my next purchase. I can't wait!!!!!

Dunhill '34
    ........until I discovered

A TASTE OF HEAVEN By Kiliian

My favorite is a 14 years old oudh&turkish rose from al qurashi.
    I get some each year but the scent is always different.

that one vial I have have been reduced to a tiny bit of sticky goop, but smells divine.
    Last edited by sarıpatates; 17th April 2010 at 03:37 AM.

Old Spice or Paco Rabanne PH.

Dreamer is KING!!!!

Blog Entries

Aramis JHL
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Blog Entries

Great pic! Whats in the flacon on the left?

Quote Originally Posted by Derbyman View Post
    I'll gladly chime in! The mighty Habit Rouge is where my obsession began and it's still my all time favourite!

Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962