Code of Conduct

Thread: Baccarat Thebes

Default Baccarat Thebes

Whatta ya know about it? Anything similar?

Default Re: Baccarat Thebes

Quote Originally Posted by litworth View Post
    Whatta ya know about it? Anything similar?
    Info taken from "Perfume Shrine" Perhaps you'll find it helpful:

Les Larmes Sacrées de Thèbes (Sacred Tears of Thebes) was inspired by Egypt and the wares of King Tut's tomb and was issued in 1998. The bottle is ~predictably~ a puramidal structure capped in amethyst crystal, with a fine "bubble" of yellow crystal blown into it, which houses the scent. It sits on amethyst cushion feet on the four edges. The whole is encased in a square bottle of egg yolk yellow for the innner carton and amethyst for the outer carton (see pic at the beginning of the article).
    The fragrance, although an homage to Egyptian rituals, is by no means a replication of those alloys like other projects (see this one on Kyphi and others by Sandrine Videault) but a modern perfume. It is however predominantly resinous and balsamic with a peppery top note, focusing on intense myrrh, frankincense and a deep amber mix, flanked by jasmine, geranium, ylang ylang, cardamon, basil, myrtle, sandalwood and musk. Although compared to Parfum Sacré by Caron (1990), the resemblance is only passing, Les Larmes being much more balsamic with less of a rosy heart than the Caron.
    Les Larmes is the best-known fragrance in the Baccarat triptych, possibly due to its optically approachable, exquisite bottle and the fact that it has been repeatedly hailed as among the most expensive perfumes in the world at 6,800$ in the press; largely thanks to the bottle.
    Harrods Haute Parfumerie stocked a few remaining specimens, although info claims that reserves have been by now dried up. The Perfumed Court has samples of the Eau de Parfum concentration for sale for those curious to investigate for themselves.
    Please be aware that the hereby pictured exquisite presentation isn't the only one: There is an EDP bottle (click on this link) with a plainer design which retailed for 400$ for 75ml/2.5oz of Eau de Parfum at Bergdorf's in the past, as noted for the rest of the trio as well.

(1676)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

No, there's nothing like it in my opinion. Les larmes sacrées de Thèbes is as unique as stunning beautiful. Bought it at Roja Dove's Haute Perfumery at Harrods a few years ago. I love it so much. Check this for more informations: http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.ch/201...arat-trio.html

Quote Originally Posted by fly777 View Post
    No, there's nothing like it in my opinion. Les larmes sacrées de Thèbes is as unique as stunning beautiful. Bought it at Roja Dove's Haute Perfumery at Harrods a few years ago. I love it so much. Check this for more informations: http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.ch/201...arat-trio.html
    Is it versatile and how often do you wear it? I am wondering whether it's office or social function friendly. Thanks in advance.

I wear it mostly for special occasions, like an exclusive gala dinner or a wedding – and when I want to feel elegant and royal. Office? No problem, it is versatile enough. But it deserves rather a tailor-made suit...

Thanks fly777

Thanks hednic and Fly777.

Who is the nose behind it?
    Any of the current offerings close to it?

double post