Code of Conduct

Default Amouage Sandalwood attar

Finally received it today from Les Senteurs. It was on backorder and they said they are having a tough time keeping the Amouage attars in stock.

It is pure luxurious, smooth-as-butter sandalwood. I believe it is mysore sandalwood, having smelled that oil a few years ago at a high-end essential oil supplier. The attar is very gentle with minimal projection but absolutely stunning in its' effect. Not sure yet how the longevity is as I just applied it.

Having now experienced Tribute, their single-note Jasmine attar, and now the Sandalwood attar .... I rank the Amouage attars at the very top in terms of fragrance quality and easily the highest quality fragrances I have. While Tribute is expensive, the single note attars are downright bargain-basement prices in comparison, which may be why Les Senteurs has a hard time keeping them in stock.
    Last edited by ItalianStallion; 12th April 2010 at 11:44 PM.

Default Re: Amouage Sandalwood attar

Thank you for this ItalianStallion! The words "smooth-as-butter" went ding ding ding in my head! Would you say it has a spiciness to it, as real mysore sandalwood can sometimes smell slightly "curried"

Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    Thank you for this ItalianStallion! The words "smooth-as-butter" went ding ding ding in my head! Would you say it has a spiciness to it, as real mysore sandalwood can sometimes smell slightly "curried"
    There is a preliminary spiciness upon initial application that fades after about 30 minutes. They you're left with a creamy heavenly sandalwood that gets smoother and smoother. This is a perfect scent if you don't want to overpower others and are looking for an alluring scent that's discernable only in very close proximity ..... i.e., like for making love with your wife. :-)

I'm ordering this blind now so I can stop my keyboard from getting flooded from all the drool that's coming out of me from your description!

Italian would you recommend the Jasmine attar for men? And when you bought it for your wife did it have good longevity and sillage?

thanks
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Quote Originally Posted by Aerandir4 View Post
    Italian would you recommend the Jasmine attar for men? And when you bought it for your wife did it have good longevity and sillage?

thanks
    The Jasmine has outstanding longevity and sillage. It is easily my favorite fragrance for her to wear.

Can a man wear it? Hmmmm .... I'm not sure. I think a man could probably wear it provided he didn't overdo it. I'll try it this week and see what kind of reaction it gets. :-)
    Last edited by ItalianStallion; 13th April 2010 at 05:31 PM.

that would be extremely useful test, thanks.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)