Code of Conduct

Default Are there any aquatic perfumes?

A recent thread on one loving aquatics encouraged me to create this thread. I know a lot about colognes, but I don't have much experience in perfumes. A lot of them see to be flowery and targeted for both men and women.

So is there a perfume, preferably for men that is what AdG is to aquatic colognes? That lasts long and projects nicely? It doesn't necessarily have to be marketed for men.. but this always helps with my decision if I can't actually smell the fragrance in person.

What's the ideal aquatic perfume?
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 13th April 2010 at 02:12 AM.

Default Re: Are there any aquatic perfumes?

dolce and gabbana light blue for women might help

Creed Erolfa comes to mind as a really great aquatic/marine scent

I don't know of any 'aquatic' Parfum strength fragrances, but Bond no. 9 Wall Street is an eau de Parfum, as well as many Creeds.

By the way, you do realise a 'cologne' is a fragrance with <4% oil concentration (eau de Cologne), and that most mens fragrances are eau de Toilettes (4-8% oil concentration) right? I know that the slang 'cologne' is used in the general American public for mens fragrance, much like aftershave here in Australia, but if you are on a board discussing fragrance you might as well use the correct nomenclature.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post
    I don't know of any 'aquatic' Parfum strength fragrances, but Bond no. 9 Wall Street is an eau de Parfum, as well as many Creeds.

By the way, you do realise a 'cologne' is a fragrance with <4% oil concentration (eau de Cologne), and that most mens fragrances are eau de Toilettes (4-8% oil concentration) right? I know that the slang 'cologne' is used in the general American public for mens fragrance, much like aftershave here in Australia, but if you are on a board discussing fragrance you might as well use the correct nomenclature.
    Yes, but most refer to colognes as EDT's as well as what they obviously are which is EDC's. I never see anybody ask about "EDT's" rather they just say "cologne" and we all understand what they mean.

Sur la Plage

Acqua di Sale by Profumum is an EDP.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Blog Entries

Serge Lutens L'Eau is also an edp with very good lasting power, over 6 hours on my skin.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post

Also, just so you know.. There is Mugler Cologne, and Kenzo Power Cologne, amongst others which are EDT's.

I posted something in Texican's aquatic thread, too, T_C, but if you're looking for an aquatic EdP, you might consider these two Montales:

Fougeres Marines - a fresh fougere in the same genre with Cool Water and GIT, but different in its approach than either of those, EdP concentration
    Boise Fruite - an aquatic with a big melon note much like Creed MI, but with a denser feel and a woodier drydown, EdP concentration

These are expensive, but one spray will do for the day, so a bottle will last you forever.

Regards,
    T
    Last edited by TRBeck; 13th April 2010 at 01:30 PM.

My Wardrobe:
    Yves St. Laurent Live Jazz
    Comme des Garcons Vettiveru
    Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Comme des Garcons 2 Man

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Also, just so you know.. There is Mugler Cologne, and Kenzo Power Cologne, amongst others which are EDT's.
    Yes, 'cologne' is in their name, its not what they are. Dior Homme Cologne is an EdT, but I'd call it a fragrance, not a 'cologne.' It may be snobbery, but most of the members here stop calling every men's fragrance 'cologne' after their first 10 posts or so. Probably just me being anal!
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576