Code of Conduct

Default Hey you, KOUROS lovers, do you enjoy BODY KOUROS?

Hi bn,

for quite some time, I ogle with Body Kouros.
    Cause I`m living in a perfume diaspora, I have no chance to sample it.
    Before I`m going to blind buy this, I want to ask you, KOUROS lovers, admirers of classic scents, do you enjoy BODY KOUROS as well?
    If not, could you tell me why?

Thanks, have a nice smelling day,
    Ciao

Default Re: Hey you, KOUROS lovers, do you enjoy BODY KOUROS?

Yes, I like Body Kouros, and very much, from what I sniffed at the perfumery.
    I do not own a bottle of it, but, since it is very cheap, I, just like you can safely buy it.
    Even if you won't like it, you didn't spend so much money.
    You see, BK is like (totally) different from the original Kouros, but, if you enjoyed Kouros, you have a very big chance of also liking Body Kouros.
    BK is more wearable, more subtle, and more summer-ready version of Kouros. It has moderate strength and very good longevity.
    Buy it !

Not at all ! Why ?

(1) I don't need to be reminded of Kouros as long as I own the original, its only the woodsy part anyway.

(2) It's one-directional. That by itself must not be bad, provided you like the direction. However I don't :
    BK feels like greasy donuts with cinnamopn on top - still warm! One might be delicious to eat, but two would be too much of a good thing already. My own body smelling of a warm cedar-donuts-mix, far beyond lunch time,would make me crave for something like Aqua di Gio, a cold shower, or both!
    Only after that you can talk to me about sexy fragrances again...

Last edited by narcus; 13th April 2010 at 09:19 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

I dont think so.
    I actually urgently need to revisit Kouros again, as I have sampled it in the early stage of my obsession and think I wasn't ready for this civet heavy floral monster. I daresay I will enjoy it now, from what I remember.

Body Kouros, on the other hand, is, IMO, nothing like the original. It's a thick, creamy, almost eadible gourmand.
    I own a bottle (bought it after one sampling in France last summer) and found myself reaching for it, well, never.
    Its too heavy, too overbearing and suffocating. It's regarded to as "sexy" which might be true but I'm never really in the mood for a frag that strong, that radiating (in a bad way) and that projective.
    I think there are far better fragrances for any occasion I might consider wearing BK, if I crave a gourmand the Lavender/Coffee/Toffee heavy Rochas Man fits the bill, for romantic occasions I will reach out for Musc Ravageur.
    Sad as it is I will probably sell off BK soon enough, I just cant identify myself with it.

Kouros is so good, I've never had an interest in sampling Body Kouros. I think the use of the word "Kouros" in a scent that I hear smells nothing like Kouros is my personal hang-up here.

A sakrileg?
    Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    Kouros is so good, I've never had an interest in sampling Body Kouros. I think the use of the word "Kouros" in a scent that I hear smells nothing like Kouros is my personal hang-up here.

Body Kouros is a nice and wearable gourmand. I loved wearing it in cold winter days. Imo it has nothing to do with the original Kouros other than the namesake.

Quote Originally Posted by easyfish View Post
    A sakrileg?
    Not sacrilege, I'm just saying the reason I haven't made the effort to try BK is because of my own personal hang-up, which I admit is kind of stupid. I have to think YSL put the word "Kouros" in the name with the hope that Kouros fans will also buy it, but it's actually been a hang-up for a hardcore Kouros fan like me.

Oh, the hell with it - I'll probably be dropping by Perfumania this week, so I'm going to make the effort and try out Body Kouros!

I must admit to not liking Kouros much when I first wore it - it was the middle of winter - but come summer, I decided it was great.

And funnily enough, I disliked Body Kouros a lot the first times I tried it - it was a sickly sweet yuk of a scent.
    But I now own two bottles of it, and think it really is great.

I rarely do 180 degree U-turns like I did on both these scents.

Persevere with it if at first you're not enthralled.
    Renato

I like Body Kouros, but It doesn't even compare to how much I like Kouros.

Body kouros is a nice gourmand (among the small list of gourmands that are acceptable by my tastes). While I think it's good, it's undeniably uni-directional, and comes ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE near Kouros in terms of masculinity and boldness.

Kouros is King.

I remember sampling Kouros and BK at the same time. I much prefer Kouros, but in light of Renato's comments, maybe I need to try BK again.
    Last edited by Dennard; 13th April 2010 at 03:33 PM.

I do like Kouros. I like Body Kouros.

But I for one, do not see any relationship between the two whatsoever except the name and both are made by YSL.

BK is an YSL take on a gourmand. If you're expecting anything that smells even remotely like Kouros, you'll be in for a surprise. It's a good scent, but as far as I can tell, they only named it Body "Kouros" to cash in on the name of one of their best sellers.

I have seen posts/reviews wherein some people try to make the point there is a relationship, but I sure don't see it.

BODY KOUROS NOTES

Top :eucalyptus and incense; Middle: chinese cedar and clary sage; Base: camphor and benzoin.

KOUROS NOTES

Top: aldehydes, artemisia, coriander, clary sage and bergamot; Middle: carnation, patchouli, cinnamon, orris root, jasmine, vetiver and geranium; Base: honey, leather, tonka bean, amber, musk, civet, oakmoss and vanilla.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 13th April 2010 at 03:42 PM.

I think these two are completely different scents.

BK is a sweet, woody gourmand that is seductive and sensual. If you don't like sweet scent it's best to avoid blind buying it.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Quote Originally Posted by KiatBkk View Post
    If you don't like sweet scent it's best to avoid blind buying it.
    Yes, yes. Put the smell of original Kouros out of your mind. That said, if you like sweet scents, this could work for you. Opening smells a bit like burnt sugar.

I like Kouros and I dislike Body Kouros. The only similarity is the first name they both share and nothing else.
    Body kouros has the same plasticine note that I get in The Dreamer and Le Male which makes it a big no to me.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post

KOUROS NOTES

Top: aldehydes, artemisia, coriander, clary sage and bergamot; Middle: carnation, patchouli, cinnamon, orris root, jasmine, vetiver and geranium; Base: honey, leather, tonka bean, amber, musk, civet, oakmoss and vanilla.
    I like this list of notes, and wish it was used in the BN Directory.

PS I am not a great fan of BK. Just too sweet and heavy, and I don't like the burnt sugar note.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I like them both, but BK is not the best flanker in my humble opinion.

Like others have said before me, BK is a gourmand type of fragrance. A really good one at that, i prefer it over Rochas Man etc.

If you are looking for something strong and masculine along the same lines as Kouros i would suggest something like Paco Rabanne PH or Azzaro PH.
    Knize Ten !

Sur la Plage

I LOVE Kouros. I like Body Kouros.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Hey Clint Eastwood lovers, do you enjoy Clint Howard?

Kidding.

Yeah, Body Kouros is pretty good, but has nothing to do with Kouros beyond a word in its name.

I guess I'm one of the few who does NOT like Kouros. However I'm a fan of Kouros Cologne Sport and Body Kouros. I really like the dry tonka base in Body Kouros. I find it similar to Caron Pour Un Homme's drydown.

I'm a Kouros lover and I don't like Body Kouros.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.