Code of Conduct

Default Rose fragance with touch of Violet

Favorites Rose fragances with Violet ?
    Thanks
    Looking for Creed Spice & Wood / swap fragances , Creed Vingate Tabarome and more... http://www.basenotes.net/threads/374...me-Cuir-Beluga

Default Re: Rose fragance with touch of Violet

Hola!
    Well, Malle's Lipstick Rose comes to mind..but it's not my thing, much too sweet..I'm sure there's a Parfums de Rosine with those notes, though..

Basenotes Institution

Aqua Allegoria Rosa Magnifica by Guerlain. Discontinued, but you can still find some online. This was done by Mathilde Laurent (who's now w/ Cartier) and you must be okay with aldehydes to like this one.

Paris by YSL is the first scent that comes to mind.

Yeah, what ineespenes said - YSL's classic Paris is the first one I thought of, too. I think it's the quintessential rose and violet combo. Several of its flankers feature rose and violet as well - Eau de Printemps, Jardins Romantique, Roses des Bois, Pont des Amours...a few of the others, I'm sure - rose and violet is such a classic combination.

Lipstick Rose is a great suggestion from allabouteve - luscious, heady rose with sweet violets and berries. I love it but if that's too much for you, I find Guerlain's Insolence to be its breezier, fresher (although still very sweet) and slightly more casual little sister. The sweet violet here is actualy a bit more prominent than the rose, but to my nose this is absolutely a rose and violet fragrance.
    Last edited by Evangeline; 13th April 2010 at 04:22 PM.

Sonoma Scent Studio Wood Violet

I think I get some rose, I have an amateur nose though. Whatever, it's a glorious fragrance and a definitive "must buy" for me!

Yes, Paris came to my mind first. Some of its flankers, as listed above, are quite wonderful.

La Rose de Rosine by Les Parfums de Rosine is a nice rose with a violet note.

Versace Baby Rose Jeans.
    It's exactly violet+rose+woody notes+bit of powder
    "Diego: Why did you do that? you could've died trying to rescue me.
    Manfred: That's what you do in a herd: you look out for each other. " (Ice Age)

Lipstick Rose. I expected to hate this one, but it was full of fun!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Agree about YSL Paris. The violet is less noticeable to me in the flanker Paris Jardins Romantiques.

Another rose with a violet note is L'Artisan Drôle de Rose.

I'm wearing Aqua Allegoria Rosa Magnifica today and it never occurred to me there might be violets in it. Looking it up, I see it has hyacinth, iris, violet and rose. So, I learned something today.

If you want to try the reverse-- mostly violet with a bit of rose-- then try La Violette by Annick Goutal.

Basenotes Plus

Parisienne has a subtle violet note coupled with rose and a slightly off-kilter nail varnish/vinyl note. Definitely worth trying.
    Last edited by Candy Perfume Boy; 13th April 2010 at 10:22 PM.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

I actually think that this is a tricky combination to pull off. One that I *do* like is Stephanie de Saint-Aignan's Le Pot Aux Roses, which smells like it has roses but doesn't! It is powdery and not as sweet as some rose/violet combos. Listed notes are Green Notes, Iris, Violet, and White Musk.

Not sure about a touch of violet but L'Artisan Drole de Rose is rose and violets.
    Also Caron N'Amez Qui Moi is another.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    I actually think that this is a tricky combination to pull off. One that I *do* like is Stephanie de Saint-Aignan's Le Pot Aux Roses, which smells like it has roses but doesn't! It is powdery and not as sweet as some rose/violet combos. Listed notes are Green Notes, Iris, Violet, and White Musk.
    I was just thinking of this one as I was reading over the new posts. I sampled this a while ago and really loved it, but I just found it so similar to Lipstick Rose (especially after LR has had a moment reign itself in a bit) that I didn't put it on my WishList. But it was winter then, and now I'm thinking that I need Le Pot Aux Roses to be my Lipstick Rose eau Delicate for summer.

You know what, now I'm not entirely sure if it was Le Pot Aux Roses, Haunani. Do you get a lipstick accord from it? Now that I think of it that might have been Drôle de Rose....or maybe they both have that posh, make-uppy feel. What do you think 30 Roses, Donna 255 - are they sisters? At any rate, I do remember thinking both of them were gorgeous - I think I'll have to revisit these two in the next several months.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

i'm afraid it's been a good year since I smelled Lipstick Rose, too long to comment on it. I didn't like it enough to want to wear it.

Paris -- a screamer in vintage, but it calms down. More rose than violet.

Rosine "La Rose de Rosine" -- very heavy on the violets, I thought it was too much. But I'm not much of a violet fan. If you are, this is worth trying.
    Olfacta
    also at http://olfactarama.blogspot.com
    Musings and random thoughts about the genie in the bottle

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    I was just thinking of this one as I was reading over the new posts. I sampled this a while ago and really loved it, but I just found it so similar to Lipstick Rose (especially after LR has had a moment reign itself in a bit) that I didn't put it on my WishList. But it was winter then, and now I'm thinking that I need Le Pot Aux Roses to be my Lipstick Rose eau Delicate for summer.

You know what, now I'm not entirely sure if it was Le Pot Aux Roses, Haunani. Do you get a lipstick accord from it? Now that I think of it that might have been Drôle de Rose....or maybe they both have that posh, make-uppy feel. What do you think 30 Roses, Donna 255 - are they sisters? At any rate, I do remember thinking both of them were gorgeous - I think I'll have to revisit these two in the next several months.
    I'm not a great one to listen to on this topic, because I didn't like Lipstick Rose or Drole de Rose, but I enjoy the Le Pot Aux Roses. It reminds me of that powdered paper used to blot the oil from one's nose! It's very soft and feminine, and not overly sweet.

Kenzo Flower Oriental for me! Woody oriental with rose and violet.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/