Code of Conduct

Default Which bottles have you purchased the most of, and how many bottles?

I would have to say that I've bought I believe 9 1.7 oz bottles of CK Eternity and 2 3.4's over the years.

Not far behind would be Just Me (Paris Hilton) sadly.. since it's something I pretty much hate now. It's one of those scents where you don't realize just how bad it is -- when you wear it so frequently. So coming in second, would be Just Me because I've purchased 5 or 6 3.4 oz bottles since its release which was in late 2005 I believe. Though I gave one bottle away as a gift, and still have a 75% full one.

Finally there's my pride and joy, Fahrenheit. This one I know exactly how much I've used of it because I can never get it on sale so it's often a big deal to go down to the mall and pay full price. I've gone through one 1.7 oz bottle which was my first, and then 2 6.7's. I'm still on that second 6.7 -- I've got about 2 ounces left, which I try to use sparingly.

Honorable mentions:
    I've gone through 2 4.2 oz bottle of Corduroy, I have one 4.2 here for back up and one 2.5 that's got about 15-20% left in it.
    I've also gone through 7-10 oz of each of the following: Raw Vanilla, Cool Water, Curve, Le Male, Safari, Nautica (original), Michael Jordan, Avatar (another on of those that I never realized how bad it was until I let up on it then started again)

There are a few others that I can't think of right now.
    --
    Please add yours!
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 13th April 2010 at 07:30 PM.

Default Re: Which bottles have you purchased the most of, and how many bottles?

I've bought 4 bottles of Guerlain Heritage as the back up bottles, all EDT and 100ml. How crazy!
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

The_Cologneist - How on earth do you go through so much juice? The amounts you mentioned going through in those fragrances alone would last me 20 years!

Oh, and to answer the original question - the most I've ever bought of any one fragrance is three bottles. It was RL Safari (embarassingly) back in the day. Now, I'll be lucky to ever finish a whole bottle of anything so I don't feel compelled to obtain back-ups. Might regret it one day, but for now that's how I feel. Too much new stuff to try to hoard any one frag in particular (IMHO).
    Last edited by sirsmellzalot; 13th April 2010 at 08:40 PM.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

I'm on my 5th 100ml bottle of Égoïste by now - has taken me 16 years!

Second runner up has to be Hypnotic Poison, I've bought loats of them,
    but in all sizes and not just 100ml bottles.

I have yet to go through one full bottle
    I also realized, with the amount of fragrance I have, it is not wise to purchase more than one of any fragrance (although one large bottle)
    unless I consider it my holy grail or my top 5 (which is why I have about 20oz of vintage antaeus in a huge 32oz Chanel Brown bottle)
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

I have not discovered a fragrance yet that is so good that I will buy backups.
    The one and only bottle I have finished is Armani Mania and I will definitely not buy this again.

I go through it so slowly that I rarely need to replace and do not buy back ups. I have probably bought at least two of Dunhill Edition over the years as well as a few others--Eau Sauvage, Bel Ami, Z-14..... I know that I am on bottle number three of Baie de Genievre, and I gave a bottle to a friend as a gift once, so at four bottles, I would have to say that Baie de Genievre wins!

Basenotes Institution

Ummm .......... I once bought 6 bottles of Fracas 100ml EDP and 6 bottles of Penhaligon's Bluebell 50 ml and 100 ml plus body lotion and shower gel .............
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 13th April 2010 at 10:25 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I currently own 3-4 backup bottles of Ungaro III

Quote Originally Posted by sirsmellzalot View Post
    The_Cologneist - How on earth do you go through so much juice? The amounts you mentioned going through in those fragrances alone would last me 20 years!

Oh, and to answer the original question - the most I've ever bought of any one fragrance is three bottles. It was RL Safari (embarassingly) back in the day. Now, I'll be lucky to ever finish a whole bottle of anything so I don't feel compelled to obtain back-ups. Might regret it one day, but for now that's how I feel. Too much new stuff to try to hoard any one frag in particular (IMHO).
    LOL, good question. Well I didn't have such a collection as I do now. At one point my wardrobe as a freshman in high school just consisted of Eternity and Cool Water. Eternity being such a light fragrance, I'd spray copious amounts on myself, and even reapply throughout the day. One of the reasons I don't wanna buy Eternity again is that I'm afraid I'll go through it like water, but on the other hand now that I have a collection of over 20 fragances and even more that rotate in and out, I noticed bottles to last me much longer. Plus my nose has gotten so much more advanced that I can actually tell when I've put enough on. Most fragrances need no more than 3-5 sprays. I was going crazy with the Eternity indeed. Same goes for the Just Me. As for the others, overtime they get used. If at one point my collection only consisted of a 1.7 oz Raw Vanilla, a 6.7 oz Fahrenheit, a 3.4 oz Michael Jordan, and a 2.5 oz Safari, and I switched between these 4 every day.. odds are they would be finished in a year. I'm the type who wears a fragrance to bed, wears a fragrance before I go to the gym, when I get back, before and after I go out to shoot hoops.

So in a nutshell, I wear a lot of fragrances frequently. Only good thing is that now being more intermediate with fragrances.. my nose knows when I've put enough on which will help in saving the juice, and I also have a huge collection to choose from, that keeps growing even.

edit- You could also say that I didn't appreciate fragrances then as much as I do now as well.
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 13th April 2010 at 10:59 PM.

I have 285 ml of Eau Noire, you never know when youll need it! 250 ml of Guerlain Vetiver Edt, 250 of the aftershave and 75 ml Vetiver Eau Glacee.
    If youre talking about perfume houses, I have 23 different bottles of Guerlain and 14 Serge Lutens....I think I need to get a life!

PawelL

118 ml bottles of Polo, several in succession
    Last edited by PawelL; 14th April 2010 at 12:11 AM.

I've gone through two 100mL bottles of Rochas Man and I'm nearing the end of my second bottle right now.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Guerlain Vetiver, 3 bottles of the old (*a gift pack with the all-over shampoo, which I then bought 2 200ml tubes of) and one tester bottle of the new.
    Guerlain Coriolan, 3 bottles (the cool art nouveau-ish ones with the copper and silver) because I love the scent and the bottles.
    Mini Chanels No. 19... several EDT 1 parfum... along with a 100 ml EDP (which arrival I am awaiting with 'bated breath)
    An extra Amazone vintage just in case... Ma Griffe x 2 so I could get the vintage juice and the modern...

You see a little pattern developing? Vintage/new in many cases... for comparison.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

3 100ml bottles of Balafre
    3 100ml bottles of Gengis Khan

5 or 6 Gendarmes

The only bottles I have emptied are Adidas Moves, Kenneth Cole Black, and Kenneth Cole Reaction. Those were my first 3 colognes. After I got Reaction and fell in love with it, that opened up my world to everything else, and I have too many bottles to be able to go through a whole one very easily.
    Sell/Trade-- Issey Miyake(Summer '09)~Calvin Klein(One Summer '07 & '09)~Eau De Grey Flannel

Buy/Swap-- http://www.basenotes.net/threads/250...e-Want-Edition.

This is a good thread idea!

I have bought two 200 mL bottles of Fahrenheit over the years. That's the only fragrance I've repurchased.

One interesting thing to note is give how few of us have actually finished bottles or multiple bottles, it's easy to see why so many scents are 'top-loaded' to make the sale. It doesn't matter much to the company if you like it or not a month or two down the road. They've made that 1 sale either way. Even if you did like it and it became a signature or regular use scent, you might only buy another 2 or 3 bottles in your lifetime.

Hopefully with the shift to smaller bottles, which means repurchasing will be of much more importance in the long term revenue generation, we'll see a shift to scents that have more effort and expense allocated to the base notes and full development of the frag.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Interesting point, SoS. I still wind up buying backup bottles of things in my top 5, especially things that I fear may be discontinued, but I can probably quit now for most of my frags, as I don't see going through more juice than what I have, ever.

My biggest stashes are of:
    L'Occitane Vetyver - 5 backups, and I consider this a legitimate decision, as they regularly discontinue things and this is my favorite scent, period
    Bowling Green - 4 backups, and I consider this legitimate, too, as it is already discontinued and is so wearable and a very close second to L'O Vet for me

Regards,
    T

My Wardrobe:
    Yves St. Laurent Live Jazz
    Comme des Garcons Vettiveru
    Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Comme des Garcons 2 Man

A little off topic

Another interesting thing is that when I was younger, and I still do this from time to time but I try not to. Is taking in too much of those top notes. Something like Eternity with a very nice top and just a bland and subtle middle and base. I would reapply over and over before I left, to get those top notes back again. To me -- often times, the top notes are most alluring in a fragrance, and when you obsess over them.. you're gonna reapply over and over again. A good example would be if you take a look at somebody's wardrobe, you see all their fragrances are used moderately except that one (which is often AdG) which is down to the very bottom. It's that top note fatigue that makes you reapply over and over and makes you use more juice, and can eventually take its toll on your wallet.
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 14th April 2010 at 02:39 PM.

I kind of lost track.... but since 1991 I have had at least six bottles of Zino... probably more. Next in line would be Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte. Again, I wasn't really counting.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

3 100ml bottles of Gengis Khan
    The infamous Genghis Khan again rears it's head...

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Another interesting thing is that when I was younger, and I still do this from time to time but I try not to. Is taking in too much of those top notes. Something like Eternity with a very nice top and just a bland and subtle middle and base. I would reapply over and over before I left, to get those top notes back again.
    Word!

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    A little off topic

Another interesting thing is that when I was younger, and I still do this from time to time but I try not to. Is taking in too much of those top notes. Something like Eternity with a very nice top and just a bland and subtle middle and base. I would reapply over and over before I left, to get those top notes back again.
    There's a echo in here because I am guilty of that too .............

Jo Malone's Honeysuckle and Jasmine- totally addicted to the top notes so I would spray and spray .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Ralph Lauren Polo. Have probably had about 6 bottles over the years - mostly 118ml bottles, but bought a 237ml at the end of last year. Still love it.

7 bottles of Yohji.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

I have 5 bottles of LPNo9 for Him, one 200ml LPNo9 bath oil and 2 LPNo9 scented candles.

I have 2 Amen, 2 Thierry Mugler Cologne, 2 Pure Coffee, 3 Guerlain Habit Rouge, and 4 YSL Rive Gauge.

I have never purchased a backup bottle. I think this is because I am not really trying to find one thing that I want to wear regularly (not so say that the rest of you are). I have come to believe that when I find my so called "Holy Grail," I will eventually tire of it, therefore precluding the need for backup bottles. As I read this thread it occurred to me how long it has been since I finished a bottle of cologne...I wish I could just be satisfied with just one fragrance but I'm constantly rotating 3-4 bottles regularly and those are being rotated out of my collection quite frequently as well.

I think I've bought more than 20 100ml bottles of A&F Fierce.

About 8 or so of Burberry London for Men.
    About 4 or 5 of Guerlain Vetiver, Rochas Man, Rochas Lui, Caron's The Third Man, Rive Gauche, Egoiste, Ineke's Derring-Do...

4 bottles of Homme de Gres.

And probably over 2 liters of Green Irish Tweed and Himalaya; various sizes of flacons and bottles.

The ones I've purchased and used up the most of during the years are Antaeus and Santos, hands down. I'm guesstimating conservatively (since I don't have everything here, I just moved) that the fragrances I have the most backups of are Vol de Nuit (200 ml), Chanel No 19 (150 ml) and Chanel No 5 (100 ml) in parfum. In edt it's vintage Chanel No 19 (300 ml), vintage Antaeus (400 ml), Knize Ten (500 ml). I also have backups in different concentrations and vintages of Jicky, Shalimar, Samsara, Mitsouko.
    Last edited by tott; 14th April 2010 at 06:16 PM.

Haha, SirSlarty beat me.