Code of Conduct

Default Tim McGraw Southern Blend Vs. Michael for Men

I decided to wear some of my Tim McGraw Southern Blend today. I'm on vacation and doing some spring cleaning around the house. I figured that this would be fine in that regard. However, I find that this scent is really kinda growing on me. I noticed a lot of comparisons to Michael for Men. This is another frag that I enjoy, especially in winter.

Do others out there own both scents? Personally, I think that as time goes on, I may find myself reaching for the Southern Blend over the Michael. Is it fair to call Southern Blend a poor man's copy of Michael. Or is it possible that there is something special going on with Southern Blend that is missing from Michael?

Default Re: Tim McGraw Southern Blend Vs. Michael for Men

I'd be curious about this as well as I own Michael.
    Last edited by neal; 13th April 2010 at 09:41 PM.

Blog Entries

I gotta "bump" because I want to know more about this since I see it for cheap on ebay and I like the notes they mention for this fragrance; liquor.
    [
    "Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
    Currently wearing: Vetiver Geranium by Creed

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

I thought one of my employees was kidding when he said he had Tim McGraw Southern Blend on. Had never heard of it. Live and learn.

I tried TMSB once, and found it to be simpler than MfM and to have a lot of lavender, which I don't like. From memory, I'd say MfM is clearly superior, but not by a huge margin. If TMSB is much cheaper, then it may be good enough for you, though, and for all I know you'd like it better.

Sur la Plage

Michael for Men > Southern Blend
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I have sampled both. The top notes are similar, but on dry down, the Kors has a tobacco note that the McGraw does not have, the McGraw is sweeter. I don't think the Kors is unique enough in the first place for anyone to want to copy.

Just bumping because this is not so bad for a celebuscent.

Any more opinions?

From the official Web site:

Top: Grapefruit, Star Anise and Bergamot.
    Heart: Lavender, Whiskey Accord and Violet leaves.
    Base: Vetiver, Tobacco and Fresh Amber.
    "...put on clothes that are well-scented with incense. Even if you’re somewhere where no one special will see you, you still feel a heady sense of pleasure inside." Things that make your heart beat fast (translated by Meredith McKinney), Sei Shonagon. The Pillow Book.

"The sunset is deeper and longer. The scent of the jasmine is stronger." Miracles. Pet Shop Boys