Code of Conduct

Default Scented Monkey Purchase....Problems Ensue

So...I recently Ordered a bottle of M7 from Scented Monkey through Amazon.com
    Just received the package today only to open it and find out that i had been sent L'Air du Temps by Nina Ricci instead. While im sure that this product is fantastic in its own right, it is most definitely not what i ordered. Fine. So i call the company inquiring as to how to resolve this problem and how to receive the product as ordered, and received a terse response. "The item you ordered is not in stock, you will receive a return shipping label tonight and will receive a refund after the product has been returned." While im happy i do not have to pay shipping, and also that they are willing to deal with the issue immediately, it still pains me that this company would inaccurately advertise an item that they no longer carry. It seems to me that this is a very common issue with this company, judging by the quick and almost automated response of the phone representative. Has anyone out there had a similar problem with scented monkey? Also, for future reference, what are some RELIABLE online companies, and where in gods name can i find a bottle of M7 for less than a bajillion dollars?

Default Re: Scented Monkey Purchase....Problems Ensue

I order from fragrancenet.com and scentiments.com and I've never had any problems. I don't order from Amazon or Ebay because I've seen too many complaints about fakes. I've seen people compliment scentedmonkey on this site.

The only downside to fragrancenet and scentiments is they don't seem to have many niche colognes.

I have only ordered samples from them, but I have not had any problems.

It sounds to me like you may be reading a bit too much into the rep's tone of voice. The folks that do phone support are often just reading a script that shows up on their monitor. So if they sound robotic... well, they're just not very good at acting.

From your description, I would say that SM is taking responsibility for the problem and fixing it appropriately. M7 is no longer listed on their web site, so I assume that they traced the problem back to its origin and have fixed the underlying issue.

It's an error. It happens. IMHO, all you can legitimately complain about are repeated errors and cases where the error isn't addressed quickly and appropriately.

I just placed an order with them a few days ago and took advantage of that free shipping promotion, so I'll have to wait and see when it gets here. However they own another company that I've ordered from multiple times, and I haven't had any problems with them.

You can get 100 ml of M7 from perfume.com for $65.00 with free shipping. They also have 50 ml for less than that.

Well, the last 3 orders I've had with Scentmonkey have all had issues. The one thing that has officially pushed me over the edge is that Scentmonkey no longer provides its own customer service help. Instead, they have outsourced their customer support to a service center that services multiple websites. Because of this change, the people who actually provide the customer support are not able to do much other than tell you your package is on the way or cancel an order. If you have more serious issues, tough luck!

Recent Experiences:

1) Ordered samples - Confirmation information revealed that the packages were never shipped out. Called a week later, they assured me that they would arrive within 3 days. After they did not arrive, I called again and they told me that there had been a mistake (at this point two weeks later), and the package was never shipped (even though I told them that the first time). Offered to ship it that day but would not compensate me for the two weeks of time they wasted. Received a full refund.

2) Ordered a sample from their ebay client and was shipped the female version. Turns out that they don't actually carry the men's sample vial at all. Full refund offered and was promised a 20% discount upon my next order.

3) Ordered a few samples and a small 1oz bottle. Received one wrong sample. The packaging for the 1oz bottle was open and the contents inside was about %5 used (in a 30ml bottle, its really easy to tell).

What can I say...This has been the case with 4 of my last 5 interactions with Scentmonkey (though I only listed 3). Once I cash in on that 20% discount, I'll never buy from them again. I don't think the prices warrant the weak customer service or product quality disparities. I'll stick with Fragrancenet or FragranceX.

My favorite online retailers are beautyencounter.com and strawberrynet.com. Customer service was great, and bottles have always been packaged nicely and cellophane-wrapped.
    Sales thread here

I've had good experiences with Scented Monkey although they were out of Royal Copenhagen (one of their listed samples) once when I ordered. I didn't know till I got the others.

beautyhabit.com is one of my favorite etailers. They only carry niche-ey stuff, though. Pretty average prices, but there's never been an issue with anything I've ordered from them. Their return policy is really good also. Sorry about your bad experience. The best thing you can do, obviously, is take your business elsewhere. Oh, a great discount etailer I've dealt with a few times is Fragranceexpress.com. They carry a ton of designer stuff, including M7. If you order from them, use coupon code FEC131CC and get 15% off plus free shipping. And no, I'm not a shill.

Default ScentedMonkey International Shipping

Hi Guys,

Have made a purchase of several perfumes from http://www.scentmonkey.com/

I am based in Asia and its been 2 days since i ordered but no sign of shipping and they haven't even responded to my email. Got no other option but to call them.

Does international shipping process takes more time and is this normal?

Thanks

Default Re: ScentedMonkey International Shipping

Scentedmonkey is one of the best examples of horrible customer service. They have great prices but not a slight communication with customer. Evidently they ship your order but it usually takes around 1 week. Whether you send mails, call, etc. they don't care.

Just heard back from them that they shipped via DHL. Also got the confirmation and tracking number from DHL confirming this. Happy so far!

Default ScentedMonkey International Shipping

I would have to disagree that Scented Monkey has horrible service. I recieved a bottle of Burberry London from them with a defective spray nozzle. I let them know and they just sent me a new bottle right away without requesting the old bottle back. I've also ordered other products from them with no issues at all.

I would also like to mentioned that I did receive reply on my emails to them. I received replies in form of one liners after 2 days, but I have no complaints. They were also available on online live help chat and answered all my questions satisfactorily. In the chat, they mentioned that my order would be sent this week, however it was sent on the same day I was chatting with them (i.e. around 36 hours after placing the order).

And the best part is that the order is completely trackable live by DHL They charged me $9.99 for this service, whereas when I tried to place the same order with FragranceX.com and selected "Worldwide Premium Shipping" which also goes by DHL or similar courier, they charged me around $75.

But as lucky as I was, after placing the order it got cancelled because those guys at FragranceX were not able to confirm my credit card address, whereas all the 100's of online merchants I have ordered from in the past were able to. Guess they were unlucky and my order went to Scentmonkey I saved nothing less than $100 on this (shipping was $75 vs $9.99 and most of the fragrances at Scentmonkey are much cheaper. I noticed that the testers at FragranceX and boxed packages at Scentmonkey go for almost same price)

I am still wondering how is ScentMonkey able to send with such low shipping costs via the "DHL EXPRESS WORLDWIDE (non doc)" method.
    Last edited by mdp; 3rd June 2010 at 03:18 AM.

They used to ship via DHL priority two days after the order and that was the best online shopping experience of mine, but lately, my two latest orders were sent via USPS and they billed me 13.99 for shipping. Moreover they shipped them 10 days after I paid and after numerous e-mails. I can always post their replies here, I am like "dear sir, it's been ... days, when will you ship these items?" and the answer was just this one so-called sentence: "Will ship soon". That's why I am criticising, they are inconsistent. I am emphasizing on the "international" orders, I am sure they pay more attention to their local US customers.

I love the prices of them but wish they were consistent like strawberrynet.
    Last edited by leto; 3rd June 2010 at 08:56 AM.

This is terrible, I ordered from Scented Monkey and the final bill showed international shipping to New Zealand to be $9.99 USD. With the final bill I made the transaction.

I was surprised to know that a customer service officer e-mailed me and said that, "Unfortunately, we were informed of an additional shipping charge of $15 by DHL. We request you to pay the additional charge before we ship the order. Please let us know how will you proceed with this order. We apologize for the inconveince caused."

This is not right, the reason why I made the purchase was because I was informed that the final shipping cost was $9.99. And the total bill is $115.26. If they wanted me to pay the additional $15, Scented Monkey should have informed me BEFORE I made the purchase! This is not fair at all!

A transaction has been made for $115.26 and that has been accepted by my credit card company Visa. I do not want to cancel the transaction because it will be of major inconvenience to me and there will be a lot of processing red tape.

I am surprised to find that there is an additional charge of $15. This is appalling. Scented Monkey should have INFORMED ME of the additional shipping charge by DHL BEFORE I made the purchase. It is unfair that you are only informing me of this AFTER I have made the transaction with the receipt showing the shipping cost of only $9.99!

Hmmm my case seems to be different

I ordered from Scented Monkey and the final bill showed international shipping to New Zealand to be $9.99 USD. With the final bill I made the transaction.

I was surprised to know that a customer service officer e-mailed me and said that, "Unfortunately, we were informed of an additional shipping charge of $15 by DHL. We request you to pay the additional charge before we ship the order. Please let us know how will you proceed with this order. We apologize for the inconveince caused."

Need I say more?

After making the transaction, THEY TELL ME THAT they want extra money for international shipping only AFTER?

I'm not sure if you fellow Basenoters have experienced what I have experienced, I am feeling so frustrated now.

I just wanted to buy some fragrances to add to my collection....

What a pleasant experience...

My (admittedly limited) experience with Scented Monkey is that they deliver the goods - sooner or later - but they have no communication skills.
    Blog: www.perfumenw.blogspot.com
    Website: Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes http://orchidscents.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Elly View Post
    My (admittedly limited) experience with Scented Monkey is that they deliver the goods - sooner or later - but they have no communication skills.
    Exactly.

They evidently deliver your order but they don't have any slightly customer service or communication.

I had to cancel my last order, after 2 weeks because they simply didn┤t ship it. The new order gone on July 7th and no news about it. The help operator told me it┤s already shipped but on the SM website no order tracking informations.
    And btw, the penultimate order needed 30 days to arrive. I think I will go back to Perfume Emporium, never had a problem with them.

I ordered and paid 2 weeks ago and the fragrances haven't even left their complex, this is crazy. Empty promises from customer service. I will NEVER go back to Scent Monkey again, terrible service.

They will deliver your order, but not for me. I've waited for 3 weeks and they haven't even processed it. I'm NEVER going back to Scent Monkey again. Terrible, absolutely terrible. It's not worth the price they advertise.

The same goes for me. Place order on 29 June 2010 and still not receiving my order. My first and last time with those guys. Sent the 2 emails and as expected, no reply whatsoever. The live chat, have to wait 2 hours till the one-liner customer service com in.

Sorry for the rant, but their service is horrible. Maybe it just me

Thumbs down Re: Scented Monkey Purchase....Problems Ensue

I recently saw an amazing deal that seemed too good to be true. A phone call was placed and the csr assured that it was the correct price. I then placed a rather large order and waited. and waited. and waited. 5 days after placing the order, and after it should have been shipped, I called. They told me it was shipped the day before and that I would receive a tracking number in approximately 15 minutes. Well the 15 minutes came and went, as did the day, the next day, the day after etc.

Turns out the item was mispriced and rather than tell me, they just canceled the order and never notified me. In fact, they straight out lied to me saying it had shipped when it never did.

Their "live" service? I tried using it during the "available" hours, there was no live person. It went to an invalid e-mail address.

I'm actually glad they canceled it because fragrance dot net has cheaper prices when you use their coupons (stenchy monkey also does not honor their "match price" claim either).

Wow...that's pretty horrible. I'd rather pay a bit more and have good customer service than deal with that kind of headache.

I have yet to have a problem with them and I've shopped with them for a couple of years. I'm sorry to hear that others' experiences haven't been the same.
    Discount and drug store fragrance trollop. http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=74

I'm sorry to hear about the negative experiences with ScentedMonkey. So far, and until something goes wrong with my order, they're still the best website I've ordered from; others like BeautyEncounter and FragranceNet are slower to ship.

Got an email that it was shipped on Oct 8th with tracking number. Kept checking all last week and it says "Billing information received by carrier" (UPS). Sent them email on Thur no reply. Will wait a day or two before calling.

Quote Originally Posted by archelon View Post
    Got an email that it was shipped on Oct 8th with tracking number. Kept checking all last week and it says "Billing information received by carrier" (UPS). Sent them email on Thur no reply. Will wait a day or two before calling.
    That doesn't really mean anything. I had a shipping/tracking # and they even assured me when I called that it had shipped but it never did. No e-mail or notification either.

This store is a big disappointment.

I recently ordered CH 212 gift box from ScentedMonkey.com. The website displays a 212 spray bottle and a transparent after shave bottle in a large case. http://www.scentmonkey.com/product.php?code=M-GS-1540
    But what I received was a small case with the spray bottle and a after shave tube, which seems like a much cheaper gift set.
    http://www.amazon.com/212-Men-Gift-S...GHRR2P8CBTJJ7Y

I am now waiting for a response to my mail and the customer service to be available tomorrow. will post again about their response. I am expecting the worst given the feedback on most sites about their customer service.

Finally after reading this website for hours I have compiled a list of "must try" samples. Low and behold scented moneky has everything I want to sample in handy little $2.99 sample vials.

After compiling the scents into my cart I continue my research and find this thread. I always go by customer reviews when it comes to online shopping. If you can read between the lines you can figure things out fairly well. It seems like scented monkey can look promising but also be misleading.

Where else can I buy samples online ? What is a reputable company that you can order from and rest assured that everything is legit?

Unfortunately ebay does not have the samples I am looking for.

Thanks

They sent me the wrong item and it took 6 emails from me before they even responded. Eventually straightened out and was given a refund, but it shouldn't be that difficult.

Even when they send the correct item it may be in sub-standard condition, especially if you plan to give it as a gift. My fragrance came in an unwrapped, dented box and the bottle inside was dusty with lots of smudges on the cap. Sold as "new".

Gave them another try some months later, also sent a wrong item. So far no response to my 3 emails about it.

Buyer beware. It's almost impossible to get a response from Scented Monkey if you have issues. I won't be buying anything from them again.
    Last edited by MysteryBuff40; 5th September 2011 at 04:13 AM.

Well, I just received my first order from ScentedMonkey. My order consisted of Burberry London, Bogart Pour Homme and Juicy Coutore Dirty English. And guess what? I was wearing Dirty English before I even had the box open. Yep, the box was soaking wet. I'm sure the UPS guy loved delivering that package. LOL. When I opened the box further to see what happened, the top of the Dirty English bottle broke off. See the photo below. I called ScentedMonkey to see how they wanted to handle it but there office was already closed. I will have to try back on Monday to see how they want to handle it.

Hopefully they will credit my account.

Good luck bud!

Quote Originally Posted by farhan View Post
    scented monkey sell fake colognes.. i posted my experience in the forum already.. PLEASE don't lose you money like i did
    wich brands were fake ? I┤ve purchased angel a*amen and some other but they seemed to be ok, I mean longlasting and stuff.

UPDATE: Called their offices today and they told me they would be crediting my account. I should expect to see the credit in 4 to 6 days.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Hard to pass up that 6% discount though..
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

I've placed five orders with them in the last couple of months, each one as part of their "Try Before You Buy" 1ml sample program ($2.99 each). Each order I placed max'd out at 10 vials, but only one of my orders actually arrived with all 10. Unfortunately, it's hit or miss whether you'll receive an "Out of Stock" message. My last order sadly shipped with only four. Keep in mind, you will still paid almost $6 in S&H for however many successfully ship out. I'm probably not going to use them anymore unless I hear that they clean up their method of keeping an up-to-date inventory system.

To be fair, they've always processed my refund in a timely fashion, I always received their bubble envelopes within seven business days and they also send out multiple email updates (order processed, order shipped, order refunded).

Basenotes Junkie

In my experience, scentedmonkey has MAJOR problems with keeping their stock list up to date. Based on samples I've tried to order from them, about 25% of their listed inventory is not in stock at any given time. This would be forgivable except they don't notify you until after you've already made the purchase and your card has been charged. In fact, when ordering multiple samples you won't find out that they were out of stock of some of your order until after the package has arrived!

This is completely unacceptable IMO. In this day and age it should be easy to use a computer system to keep your inventory up to date. I CAN NOT RECOMMEND ordering from scentedmonkey until they fix their inventory problems. What they are doing is very bad business practice. Embarrassingly amateur operation for a company of their size.

Okay, so I saw a bottle of MI 4oz for 154 on scentedmonkey and jumped without looking too much, because of how big a seller they are. Once I read all the reviews I grew a little nervous. I checked on my order and it was "pending review" a couple days later. I called to ask what that meant and they wanted my credit card info again. I said yeah right just cancel my order. We will see how long it takes to get a refund...

Quote Originally Posted by Nosebud View Post
    ... they wanted my credit card info again. I said yeah right just cancel my order. We will see how long it takes to get a refund...
    I'd call my CC company to make sure I hadn't already been charged.

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    I'd call my CC company to make sure I hadn't already been charged.
    They did already charge it. I checked my statements.

I am having problems right now. The website says you need an RMA number to return a purchase. I can't seem to get an RMA number from them. The website says it has an RMA page,but I can't find one. I have a feeling I will be eating my purchase. Never again will I buy from them. Terrible customer service!!

Quote Originally Posted by mdtroyer View Post
    So...I recently Ordered a bottle of M7 from Scented Monkey through Amazon.com
    Just received the package today only to open it and find out that i had been sent L'Air du Temps by Nina Ricci instead. While im sure that this product is fantastic in its own right, it is most definitely not what i ordered. Fine. So i call the company inquiring as to how to resolve this problem and how to receive the product as ordered, and received a terse response. "The item you ordered is not in stock, you will receive a return shipping label tonight and will receive a refund after the product has been returned." While im happy i do not have to pay shipping, and also that they are willing to deal with the issue immediately, it still pains me that this company would inaccurately advertise an item that they no longer carry. It seems to me that this is a very common issue with this company, judging by the quick and almost automated response of the phone representative. Has anyone out there had a similar problem with scented monkey? Also, for future reference, what are some RELIABLE online companies, and where in gods name can i find a bottle of M7 for less than a bajillion dollars?
    I just found this website. Ordered some Elizabeth Arden 5th Ave- After five from Scented Monkey on Ebay.
    I got the wrong perfume. Was told I had to take a picture to show I got the wrong one. I did and finally got a return label with this message from "Alex".
    I'm really sorry but when you receive the item I will give you your refund and can go grocery shopping again, I can not send another
    I wrote back and asked to clarify. Am I getting the correct perfume or not? Their Ebay site shows they have 8 more of the correct perfume.
    No answer. I had to open a case against them. Ebay gave me their phone number. I called and was hung up on FIVE times.
    (You could hear the phone being picked up and then hung up.!)
    The only time I got a real person to answer, She said. Alex isn't here. We are having a snow storm! Click!
    Last edited by MargaretMi; 6th January 2014 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Additional info.

Quote Originally Posted by MargaretMi View Post
    The only time I got a real person to answer, She said. Alex isn't here. We are having a snow storm! Click!
    How rude they were to you!

(2722)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I agree!
    I finally heard from them after about 10-12 days with no word. After reading the above post I won't 'close' my Ebay case until the correct perfume arrives, hopefully tomorrow. They did not say if I would still get the promised refund.
    I did call a few days later and never even got a real live person to answer. Opening a case thru Ebay seems to have done the trick to nudge them into sending me the correct perfume.
    It wasn't until I called Ebay that I noticed that yes they have a few hundred thousand sales, but also have 257 negative experiences.
    Buyers beware!

I have learned to steer clear of this online retailer. Hassle after hassle.

(2897)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

Wow, 257 negatives. I'm surprised Ebay doesn't shut them down.

Scentmonkey.com, scentedmonkey.com, perfume-worldwide.com, pickaperfume.com, internationalbeautybrands.biz, googleperfume.com, yahooperfumes.com are all registered to the same person.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the info, Socalwoman!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good info! They do have tempting prices :/

Blog Entries

I've looked at the SM website and found a few things that always looked too good to be true.

The biggest problem with this company that I've found is that they never seem to have in stock what they show on their site.

(2909)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    The biggest problem with this company that I've found is that they never seem to have in stock what they show on their site.

(2909)
    Thats what I mean- It's 'bait and switch' once they have your money- they send you something else. They figure you'll give up at that point.

I think the place is run by kids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz9ZjaDApao

I could be wrong though.

No reason to shop there anyway when there are much better options.

Blog Entries

Buys blind- that's a stitch!

I'd have to agree with you about that- or employees who have very little to no education.

Here is the latest response from Alex when I asked about the refund (and also that I had finally received the correct perfume).
    "ok that good
    I wrote you that, because we did not have original perfume that time
    but I got it and send you, then I can not give a refund, I understand what I'm saying."

He says they did not have my perfume at the time of order but the Ebay website showed that they had EIGHT.
    Unbelievable!
    I'm giving up on them. Forget the refund, I've learned a lesson, I'm just happy to finally get what I ordered!

That you tube video was hilarious!

(3010)

wtf

for swap/sale:

More like "Senseless Monkey" to me.