Code of Conduct

Default How long until Kouros mellows out?

I bought a sample of Kouros and I am currently doing a review thread in the Just Starting Out section. Anyway I have had it on for about an hour and a half or so. Is there an approximate time frame that Kouros will mellow out? It is not nearly as strong on my wrist but smells almost identical from when I first put it on. Any tips for a first time Kouros testing?

Default Re: How long until Kouros mellows out?

Quote Originally Posted by mike1990 View Post
    I bought a sample of Kouros and I am currently doing a review thread in the Just Starting Out section. Anyway I have had it on for about an hour and a half or so. Is there an approximate time frame that Kouros will mellow out? It is not nearly as strong on my wrist but smells almost identical from when I first put it on. Any tips for a first time Kouros testing?
    Be patient my friend.

Let him take you through his journey in the olfactive wonderland.
    Last edited by Suppressor; 14th April 2010 at 01:14 AM.

It never did for me, but remained stuck in the top notes (or top & heart).

When you reach 35, it mellows out, sort of.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Kouros has a half-life similar to carbon-14, about 5,730 years.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

I've been wearing this for at least 20 Years, It's still has'nt mellowed. I love it

I guess mellow is a relative term. For me, it's about 30 minutes before it settles to something not terribly civet laced.

Sur la Plage

It goes on mellow. I don't understand the question.......?????
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I really like Kouros much better after about the first 20 minutes. I also would not put it on my wrists if you plan on eating or drinking.

That's a hard question to answer. I love every second it's on my skin, so I don't really notice the difference.

I'd say after a couple hours at least

IMO it dies after 2 hours. All EDT-strength scents do.

Quote Originally Posted by mike1990 View Post
    I have had it on for about an hour and a half or so. Is there an approximate time frame that Kouros will mellow out?
    If you're referring to the sharp, crushed pine needle aspect of it - hours and hours on tester paper. On my skin, that lasts 30-90 minutes at best before it dies down to a very mellow amber. Since I do like the opening, and the civet wasn't all that strong in the sample I tried, I've gone with other choices. Maybe I'll have to try it again sometime :shrug:

Go ahead and give Kouros a full day's wear though, because it may be a matter of how strongly you've applied it relative to *your* skin's conditions. When I've sprayed one or two sprays too many of Xeryus, the artemisia top note would take half a day for just that one note to die down into something less "in your face."

Kouros is supposed to be a strong scent. It's not designed to smell disgusting at first, and then smell nice later on. It's a Powerhouse.

It may be that you just don't like Kouros, and that's okay.
    Last edited by shamu1; 15th April 2010 at 11:54 PM.

It will never mellow out....
    Sell/Trade-- Issey Miyake(Summer '09)~Calvin Klein(One Summer '07 & '09)~Eau De Grey Flannel

Buy/Swap-- http://www.basenotes.net/threads/250...e-Want-Edition.

I still think that Kouros has one of the most gorgeous dry downs in designer perfumery. I absolutely adore the dry down. I do not, however, enjoy every minute of the eight long hours that it takes for that dry down to begin. I am not too keen on the unwashed athletic smell (the civet note) which seems to dominate the first 6 to 8 hours. It 'almost' makes the dry down not worth waiting for, but I am still hooked, nevertheless. Kouros is full of character, but I will NEVER wear it in a formal setting (in formal attire) again ------> http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?d...&showignored=1 .