Code of Conduct

Thread: Zegna Colonia

Default Zegna Colonia

Hello everyone. I have just recently purchased Zegna Colonia, and I like it very much, however i noticed i couldn't find anyone talking about it in any of our communities. I only saw a few reviews in the review section. Anyways, I wanted to know what you all think about this citrus fragrance? Do you like the way it smells? Do you wear it or own it? Or am I the only one. Actually i couldn't be, the first store i went to was all sold out of them, so there must be people out there using it.

Default Re: Zegna Colonia

So generic citrus scent. Nothing interesting.

Really, you find it generic? May I ask what it reminds you of? Does it remind you of another fragrance, or an entire genre of other fragrances?

I keep dismissing this as I've found most of the Zegna fragrances (except Extreme - the one in the metallic bottle) to be very 'sameish.' I'll give this a go though and report back in the next few days. How does it compare to the 'traditional' citruses, eg Aqua di Parma?
    Last edited by Anthony87; 14th April 2010 at 09:41 AM.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Even though this is supposed to be like a throw back to traditional italian cologne, i think it smells more modern than Acqua di parma.AdP Colonia is a classic, Zegna is not as formal. imo
    Last edited by Maz24; 14th April 2010 at 11:08 AM.

I've found it very similar to Zegna Intensa, but with a citrus touch. It is similar to lots of scents of this "fresh" genre, for example, to cK one. It's OK - trendy, not bad, but without pretension to become classical.

To me it's just a really bright citrus with what smells like clean clothes or something along those lines. It's not bad but not my kind of thing
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

I got some samples of Colonia and then I got a bottle of the aftershave. To me, it's a safe, slightly sweet, woody frag. I would say this is quite similar Hugo Boss Selection.

I have this and like this.....I do like the Intenso Version better!!!
    Gary

Sur la Plage

I found it to be quite a snoozer.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I totally agree, and thats what I love about it. I love Boss Selection's top notes, and this is has the selection topnotes all throughout it, if that makes any sense.

It's really quite boring to my nose. Nothing special about it, just typical light citrus and clean scent with nothing in particular that's unique.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    So generic citrus scent. Nothing interesting.
    this! you took the words right out of my pocket

I was given a couple of samples of this at Sephora and thought it was so lame, kind of "same old same old". In fact I gave one of them away and threw the other out. Not only that but the one day I wore it, the scent faded in an hour. It really reminds me of a weaker version of Cerutti Image. Sorry no offense, that's just my take.

no offense taken, thank you for your honest opinions.Please keep them coming.

Really like this one. Fabulous acidic citrus followed with a warming glow of powdery woods that really fit the mold they developed for it. Sitting on a veranda near the seaside in white linen clothes. Very nice
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

Quote Originally Posted by danho View Post
    Really like this one. Fabulous acidic citrus followed with a warming glow of powdery woods that really fit the mold they developed for it. Sitting on a veranda near the seaside in white linen clothes. Very nice
    thats funny because i was dressed in pretty much all white clothes. A white zegna dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up. Shorts were stone white. and i was wearing white sperry topsiders shoes. And I had on my rolex datejust. Also I had a white undershirt on. I wore this fragrance and i smelled great, and felt like the dude in the ad. i didn't have that guy, or the ad in mind when i got dressed, but i guess it worked out that way.

Hillaire

Well, I got a sample, and I thought it was delightful. And novel.
    As a woman, it struck me as very a accessible-to-women fresh scent with decent longevity and a really nice, surprisingly sweet, warm, leathery drydown.
    I would own a bottle, and for the record, it's the only Zegna I like. I think the Zegna name has a bit of a stigma, to be honest. It's like someone declaring on an epicurean food board, "Have you tried the new Libby's Organic peaches?". Doesn't mean it's bad.

Tried this today, a lot better than the other Zegnas in my opinion! I get some similarity between this and the early / middle notes of YSL L'Homme, before it dries down to a nice light ambery base. I have fragrances I prefer in my collection but I think it would be a great go-to fragrance for a person new to the world of fragrances or just as a pleasant office fragrance.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post
    Tried this today, a lot better than the other Zegnas in my opinion! I get some similarity between this and the early / middle notes of YSL L'Homme, before it dries down to a nice light ambery base. I have fragrances I prefer in my collection but I think it would be a great go-to fragrance for a person new to the world of fragrances or just as a pleasant office fragrance.
    i think it will make a great office scent as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
    To me it's just a really bright citrus with what smells like clean clothes or something along those lines. It's not bad but not my kind of thing
    i sprayed some of it on paper and it does sort of smell like fresh clean clothes.

It shares some similarities with Zegna Intenso and to a lesser degree Prada Amber and Infusion d'Homme. Of course, that shouldn't be too surprising as they are all done by the same perfumer, Daniela Andrier.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    It shares some similarities with Zegna Intenso and to a lesser degree Prada Amber and Infusion d'Homme. Of course, that shouldn't be too surprising as they are all done by the same perfumer, Daniela Andrier.
    Besides it being a clean scent i don't see much similarities between Colonia and Prada Amber. Colonia has that Hugo Boss Selection top note, and then it settles down to smell like Pi (its probably the Benzoin). IMO
    Last edited by Maz24; 17th April 2010 at 08:41 AM.

To me, the thing it shares in common with Prada Amber is the kind of creamy smoothness in its base. I don't know how to articulate it really but it seems to be a feature in almost all of Daniela Andrier's scents - it's even noticeable to a lesser degree in Gucci Envy for men which she almost did. It's not that they smell the same, but just that they share that creamy/smooth suede-like texture.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    they share that creamy/smooth suede-like texture.
    I can see that...or should i say smell that...

I wonder who this fragrance has sold out to? I wonder who else bought this? Any ideas?
    Last edited by Maz24; 17th April 2010 at 09:04 AM.