Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Amouage Gold Man - in the new bottle

Hi,

can anyone tell me if the juice from the new bottle smells exactly like from the old one or has the scent been reformulated since the bottle change? Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Amouage Gold Man - in the new bottle

there are many " old ones"

first ther was
    Gold cologne ( mix of gold we know now and dia )
    gold Christalle ( this is heavier then the gold we know these days in the new bottle and darker )
    Gold gentelman's cologne = Gold edt , this is the one in the dagger bottle after reformulating Gold christalle.

then finally Gold EDP wich is almost is the same as gold gentlman's cologne or the edt in the dagger bottle.

so to finally answer yor question,

i have them all and the new edp version is almost excatly the same as the one we could get 1.5 year ago.

Post Thanks / Like

there are many " old ones"

first ther was
    Gold cologne ( mix of gold we know now and dia )
    gold Christalle ( this is heavier then the gold we know these days in the new bottle and darker )
    Gold gentelman's cologne = Gold edt , this is the one in the dagger bottle after reformulating Gold christalle.

then finally Gold EDP wich is almost is the same as gold gentlman's cologne or the edt in the dagger bottle.

so to finally answer yor question,

i have them all and the new edp version is almost excatly the same as the one we could get 1.5 year ago.

Post Thanks / Like

The new one and the dagger one are a little different but not much. New one smells just a little less extreme IMO (a bad thing from my point of view)
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your replies! I used to have a bottle of Gold that looked exactly like shown here: http://www.nstperfume.com/2005/05/18...ld-pour-homme/

I read somewhere that the juice from the newer bottle is lighter on florals and "baby powder" and has more emphasis on the incense and woody notes and is overall a bit more subtle and less heavy. Does this match your experience?
    Last edited by GGA; 15th June 2010 at 04:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

hello GGA,

that link..the bottle is the same they used for gold christalle and silver christalle...the juice was darker
    and the glas was thicker and the golden cap was also darker.

then they changed the formula..kept the same bottle..but all was less heavier and more diluted..but still perfect.
    in gold christalle u can smell more santal wood, and the gold man more civet and more florals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moreda View Post
    hello GGA,

that link..the bottle is the same they used for gold christalle and silver christalle...the juice was darker
    and the glas was thicker and the golden cap was also darker.

then they changed the formula..kept the same bottle..but all was less heavier and more diluted..but still perfect.
    in gold christalle u can smell more santal wood, and the gold man more civet and more florals
    Mo, buddy,

have you also smelled Gold from a bottle like this: http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti.../Gold_Man.html

I'm pretty sure the one I had was the Gold Man 'cos it definitely was heavy on florals and had clear civet note too! And there were no mention of Cristal anywhere on the box...

Post Thanks / Like

christalle was discontinued years ago.

Gold edt in the dagger bottle became gold edp, the n eu can buy now at lucky scent.
    just as Hirsh duckfinder noticed, it is almost identical... little change
    the new one seems less extreem.... lets say 5%
    NOT THAT BIG CHANG.

Hillaire

Quote Originally Posted by GGA View Post
    Mo, buddy,

have you also smelled Gold from a bottle like this: http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti.../Gold_Man.html

I'm pretty sure the one I had was the Gold Man 'cos it definitely was heavy on florals and had clear civet note too! And there were no mention of Cristal anywhere on the box...
    I'm not Mo, but that's the latest bottle there.