Code of Conduct

Default Gucci Accenti -- Anything Like It?

This is my very first post, and I'm so happy to be here! I got really interested in perfume about a year ago, and I've been smelling everything I can get my hands on. I'm still very much a novice.

The little local perfume boutique threw in a bunch of samples with a purchase recently, and one of them was Gucci Accenti -- OMG, it is WONDERFUL. Warm, rich, slightly bitter orange notes without smelling too fruity or sweet or harsh. I love it and want to wear it all summer. So, of course, it turns out that it's discontinued.

Is there anything in production and affordable that smells similar to the lovely, lovely Gucci Accenti?

Hillaire

Default Re: Gucci Accenti -- Anything Like It?

Welcome, Thalia~

Sadly I cannot think of anything in production that approaches Accenti's magic.

However, I can heartily recommend Paco Rabanne XS Extreme Girl, which is even nicer, oh-so-very-close, and available affordably -- particularly on ebay! If you think you might like Accenti with a dose of leather jacket, you'll love it. I promise. And the bottle is a gem.

You might also seek out another discontinued one: Theorema from Fendi.

Oh, thank you! I really like leather, actually (love Cabochard), so Accenti + Leather sounds right up my alley. also, the Accenti bottle is kinda tacky, so a nicer bottle is a plus.

Blog Entries

+1 for Theorema.

Hello Thalia - another Accenti-lover here, just writing my first post.
    The Accenti is seriously the ugliest bottle in my collection - but whats in it is nevertheless wonderfull.
    Im waiting for a sample of that mentioned Paco Rabane, curious how that will work. It seems to have many fans.
    Theorema - in my experience an attractive scent, but on me quite different from Accenti. (the Fendi is more "cakey", the orange is sort of candied.)
    Im curious if there are other suggestions.
    Last edited by Milou; 15th April 2010 at 09:51 AM.

Love Accenti and gutted it is discontinued. Interested in the above suggestions and have had Theorema on my test list for some time now. Accenti + leather sounds fab to me
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

I was about to post about Accenti and I saw this. I love this perfume. I was in a perfume shop the other day, and a woman passed me by who had just sprayed something that I thought was Accenti. I was quite excited when I thought they had it in stock, but alas it was something else. I'm so sorry I didn't ask her what it was

My mother has a bottle of this, but she lost it. She says it has to be in the house somewhere, and that I can have it if I can find it

Accenti lovers, we simply must petition Gucci!!! Rerelease it with a new bottle, please!!!

I think we would have to be a little more demanding than begging! I now has a bottle of XS Extreme Girl, and it's quite nice (and has a much better bottle), and while they may have a similar feel-they're very different...XS Extreme Girl has the nice touch of leather, but it's the candied cinnamon that sets them apart for me...Accenti is almost equally sweet, but...deeper-smelling?-I don't know how to put it. Theorema is very dry with patchouli, but comparably spicy-spicier really-There is no comparison really, Accenti is still my favorite non-niche fragrance, and if I could find a replacement, I would tell you-I feel your pain!
    Last edited by kastehelmi; 20th April 2010 at 03:12 AM.

hello to others suffering from Accenti withdrawal. I currently buy it from ebay, usually the states, but boy is it getting expensive! So another plea, if anyone does find something similar, let us know. If anyone wants to start a petition or something to Gucci, I'm in!

Blog Entries

Ever Tried Bob Mackie that smells like a dead ringer to accent
    don't let the cheap packaging fool you or the price it's a very
    good perfume

Basenotes Plus

I'm sorry don't know anything similiar, but I do agree Gucci needs to bring this one back!!

Politely disagreeing about Bob Mackie similarity. Not on this skin, sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    Welcome, Thalia~

Sadly I cannot think of anything in production that approaches Accenti's magic.

However, I can heartily recommend Paco Rabanne XS Extreme Girl, which is even nicer, oh-so-very-close, and available affordably -- particularly on ebay! If you think you might like Accenti with a dose of leather jacket, you'll love it. I promise. And the bottle is a gem.

You might also seek out another discontinued one: Theorema from Fendi.
    I love Theorema and Xs Extreme Girl. I think i need to try Gucci Accenti so, because if it`s similar to these two frags, it`s gorgeous.

i was just doing a side by side comparison between Theorema and Accenti last night. I found Theorema much more orangey smelling compared to Accenti. Maybe can try layering Theorema with a bit of Lou Lou to hide the orange a bit... Lou Lou also has that berry note which i seem to detect in Accenti...

One that really reminded me of Accenti, which I have a small bottle of and enjoy in extreme moderation, is: Manoumalia by LesNez (http://www.basenotes.net/ID26130260.html)

Wearing the Accenti last time I was at the supermarket and had a lady chase me down after smelling my trail of sillage to tell me I smelled "absolutely gorgeous". I'll run with that.

Banned

There really isn't anything quite like Accenti, a 'mature' fruity floral that doesn't get into 'teenage girl' territory. Although there are sellers with high priced bottles on eBay a bit of patience will likely yield a reasonably priced bottle. I have a few Accenti bottles and I don't think I paid more then $30, maybe $40 for any of them. Be willing to buy a lightly used bottle or a bottle without a box and you'll likely pay less then $40 for a 50ml bottle. Sure there's a risk that it wasn't stored well but you can ask the seller about the history of the bottle and bid accordingly - plus it's a hearty fragrance and I've never had one go bad.

mihailo

Chanel Coco EdP