Code of Conduct

Default True Religion for men smells alot like...

I just went to Sephora and tested True Religion. On first spray the fragrance reminded me of Kenneth Cole Reaction. Only True Religion I like much more. For those who have a bottle, how is the longevity? I am not too worried about sillage with this fragrance. It seems like a good "everyday" scent. I want to put this on my wishlist but if this lasts as long as Reaction (1-3 hours) I do not want to get it. Any feedback fellow BNers?

Default Re: True Religion for men smells alot like...

Just ordered a sample yesterday, I'll expect it by the end of the week. My lady friends strongly recommended it, so we shall have to see

Quote Originally Posted by JMang View Post
    Just ordered a sample yesterday, I'll expect it by the end of the week. My lady friends strongly recommended it, so we shall have to see
    If you could follow up that would be great. The spray I put on is already starting to fade after a short two hours. Not looking promising...

Never tried it, I don't particularly bother with fragrances by designers I've never heard of that are limited to just department stores shelves, and some online retailers. But they really market stuff like this for Macy's and it's good because the mall shopping crowd eats it up like candy. But back to the fragrance itself.. I haven't tried it, I have no desire to, but I heard the longevity on it is very poor. I do like the rustic looking bottle though.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Never tried it, I don't particularly bother with fragrances by designers I've never heard of that are limited to just department stores shelves, and some online retailers. But they really market stuff like this for Macy's and it's good because the mall shopping crowd eats it up like candy. But back to the fragrance itself.. I haven't tried it, I have no desire to, but I heard the longevity on it is very poor. I do like the rustic looking bottle though.
    It seems like these types of scents are too good to be true. Smell is amazing but longevity is in the gutter. Oh well!

It's pretty good. I was actually reminded of Kenneth Cole Signature and Rocawear 9IX. One of my friends told me it smells like licorice, which is a pretty accurate description. Longevity is much better than Reaction.
    sb[]p

it's ok my brother takes a liking to it. i think it is another boring fresh scent.

Well, I happen to like all of the aspects named in it except licorice. This smell I hate. I might need to go give it a sniff one of these days and hope I can't detect that one, particular note.
    Sell/Trade-- Issey Miyake(Summer '09)~Calvin Klein(One Summer '07 & '09)~Eau De Grey Flannel

Buy/Swap-- http://www.basenotes.net/threads/250...e-Want-Edition.

Got my .5oz sample, not bad.

Not groundbreaking, but a decent scent for the 20-30 year old. Definitely better than a lot of its peers (Hugo, some Lacoste fragrances). However, it gives off a synthetic vibe. Longevity is decent, as is sillage. A girl detected it on my while I was walking by, though I'd sprayed it...3 or four hours before.