Code of Conduct

Default UPDATE: I NEVER Get Complimented on ANY Cologne. :( Help!

Today I received my gigantic 6.7oz bottle of Drakkar Noir (that's right, Drakkar Noir) from Amazon.com a few minutes before I had to leave for church. I quickly opened the package, took the massive container and sprayed myself a couple of times. Off to church. Soon after I arrived a hugged a widow in her 80's. She raved about how great I smelled!!!

Drakkar Noir: 1 compliment...and counting!

I do have one question: the back of my bottle says "© Copyright Parfums Guy Laroche 2004" (I purchased this on Amazon.com and it was sold by and shipped from Amazon.com)

Does this mean that Amazon sold me a "brand-new" bottle filled back in 2004? Six years would be a long shelf-life! (Everything seems legit...it was in the original container, cellophane wrapped, etc.)

Default Re: UPDATE: I NEVER Get Complimented on ANY Cologne. :( Help!

Look at a new book at the store. It may be copyright 1979 but newly printed. The copyright date is the date the copyright went into effect, not the date the product was produced.

Congrats on the compliment!

Basenotes Plus

Yes siree, widows in their 80's do not hold back on what they are thinking! tic... tic... tic.....
    Congrats on your first compliment and here's to many more in the future!

The copyright date is not same as production date. I believe that's in a mysterious date code on the bottom of the bottle.

I think it's less about widows in their 80's not having any inhibitions, and more about how Drakkar Noir smells like an old widow in her 80's.

She prolly became fond of it while she was in her 50's and her husband wore it when they went out on dates as a means to feel manly, 'rebellious', and... um... nauseating.
    Sell/Trade-- Issey Miyake(Summer '09)~Calvin Klein(One Summer '07 & '09)~Eau De Grey Flannel

Buy/Swap-- http://www.basenotes.net/threads/250...e-Want-Edition.

Basenotes Plus

spoilsport......

You are sad because you don't get compliments ... This simply blows my mind.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Eva Pasco

In my opinion, the indulgence of fragrance is an expression of oneself and it should not matter what others think.

Quote Originally Posted by Eva Pasco View Post
    In my opinion, the indulgence of fragrance is an expression of oneself and it should not matter what others think.
    I love the dry woods powerhouses (RL Polo, Quorum by Puig) and wear them at home while lounging about but I like for others to have a pleasant experience while I'm in public. I thoroughly enjoy sillage (both on myself and others) but I want to be careful that I'm not wearing too much so that, rather than a fragrance being an extension of my personality, it swamps others in its wake.

I really do enjoy/appreciate Drakkar Noir.

Yeah, if you like, wear it. And if your crowd likes it, that's even more of a reason to wear it.

As long as you're happy with the results, that's all that you can ask for. Reminds me of a song:

Sell/Trade-- Issey Miyake(Summer '09)~Calvin Klein(One Summer '07 & '09)~Eau De Grey Flannel

Buy/Swap-- http://www.basenotes.net/threads/250...e-Want-Edition.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sillage Enthusiast View Post
    I really do enjoy/appreciate Drakkar Noir.
    ... sure, because it got you your first compliment!

Blog Entries

I love Drakkar Noir, but keep in mind that for most of people, the sense of smell diminishes as one gets older. Considering the nature of most contemporary fragrances, yours might be the first she's been able to smell on a man in years. And while that's great for her, it could be overwhelming to the more youthful noses around you.

Of course, even if you were smelling BIG, there's no doubt you were also smelling GOOD.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Congrats on your first compliment and many happy returns of compliments yet to come!