Code of Conduct

Default Are Creed colognes suppose to come with a pamphlet?

Got a bottle of 4oz MI today but I thought it was suppose to come with a pamphlet of some kind. Mine didn't it only came with that little cardboard paper with the creed owners on it. This is not a big deal to me but I was just wondering if anyone who has experience with Creed would know if this was any sort of sign cause it would seem the box would have to of been opened previously if its not in the box. I got it from Fragrancenet btw.

Default Re: Are Creed colognes suppose to come with a pamphlet?

All I have to say is: return it. I hate fragrancenet (for creeds at least, that's all I've ordered from them). It's been opened, no questions asked. You don't know what that person did with it. It was probably a returned item or one that was sitting around for a while in some shop. I returned green irish tweed twice and just bought it retail because I was so fed up with online buying of Creeds (pretty iffy). If I do re-buy, I'll definitely buy online from another site (not retail). At least I have a 100% authentic bottle to compare any online bottle and juice with.

Besides, Frag.net's packaging is subpar. It's pathetic. Brown paper? give me a break. You're going to ship me something from across the country, better package it well.

Try beautyencounter.com. They seem trustworthy and their packaging is crazy good (they wrap in fat bubble wrap, a few layers around).

And it doesn't hurt that their staff is pretty cute ; ) http://www.beautyencounter.com/about.html#
    Last edited by G Man; 15th April 2010 at 07:33 PM.

I think the juice is fine. When I got it I sprayed some on my hand around 2 pm then maybe an hour later I jumped in the shower and when I got out I could still smell it. It is 6pm and I can still smell it on my hand (very close to the skin though), which is nuts because I can put A-Men on and after a shower it will be gone. Anyway I applied more after I got out and after running around and working out its still there. I am getting better silage with MI than Issey Miyake so far.

Also I found it interesting that all my other frags smelled really strong from the bottle after smelling MI.
    Last edited by Jer350; 15th April 2010 at 10:16 PM.

To each his own. I guess I just want an exceptional product if I'm paying an exceptional price (even if it's marked down from retail, it doesn't state in the product description that you aren't getting a new product).

Besides, if people are paying the same price elsewhere for a superior product (packaging included, IMO), I would be bothered.

I guess it depends if you care much of anything aside from the juice
    Last edited by G Man; 15th April 2010 at 11:22 PM.

[QUOTE=Jer350;1810429]When I got it I sprayed some on my hand around 2 pm then maybe an hour later I jumped in the shower and when I got out I could still smell it. It is 6pm and I can still smell it on my hand (very close to the skin though), which is nuts because I can put A-Men on and after a shower it will be gone.[QUOTE]

F it...if it was that strong, I'd keep THAT bottle. MI doesn't last long on me at all- let alone through a shower.

MI disappears quickly on me, too. If you like the fragrance, hold onto it.

On the other hand, I am big into packaging. I'd be disappointed if I didn't get the full royal Creed treatment. It's part of the thrill, of course. I love opening a nice, new bottle of any fragrance. Love the elaborate packaging. I always test to see if I have to pump the spray a few times before anything comes out, which to me signifies "it's new, nobody's even tested it before." Yes! The snob appeal of being the first one.

You should at least contact the seller and complain. Maybe they'll give you some samples or something to compensate. Give it a try, can't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    MI disappears quickly on me, too. If you like the fragrance, hold onto it.

On the other hand, I am big into packaging. I'd be disappointed if I didn't get the full royal Creed treatment. It's part of the thrill, of course. I love opening a nice, new bottle of any fragrance. Love the elaborate packaging. I always test to see if I have to pump the spray a few times before anything comes out, which to me signifies "it's new, nobody's even tested it before." Yes! The snob appeal of being the first one.

You should at least contact the seller and complain. Maybe they'll give you some samples or something to compensate. Give it a try, can't hurt.

Well if pumping signifies if its new or old this is most definitely new. I had to pump it so many times I thought the spritzer was broke, I would say 10+ pumps.

It isn't Creed unless you got the pamphlet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer350 View Post
    Got a bottle of 4oz MI today but I thought it was suppose to come with a pamphlet of some kind. Mine didn't it only came with that little cardboard paper with the creed owners on it. This is not a big deal to me but I was just wondering if anyone who has experience with Creed would know if this was any sort of sign cause it would seem the box would have to of been opened previously if its not in the box. I got it from Fragrancenet btw.
    i would return it because i would be wary someone else owned it before me and they returned it.
    Last edited by Maz24; 16th April 2010 at 01:01 AM.

it's funny... half the threads on basenotes must be about people ordering from discount merchants and then wondering/worrying about whether they got ripped off.

NEWSFLASH: You get what you pay for. There's a reason a bottle on Fragrancenet costs $140 and the real thing costs $250. If what you want is real, fresh Creed, buy from the source.

Quote Originally Posted by TalkingMuffin View Post
    it's funny... half the threads on basenotes must be about people ordering from discount merchants and then wondering/worrying about whether they got ripped off.

NEWSFLASH: You get what you pay for. There's a reason a bottle on Fragrancenet costs $140 and the real thing costs $250. If what you want is real, fresh Creed, buy from the source.
    I am not worried if its a fake or old product. It has a 09 serial number and it took a few pumps to get the juice out of telling me its never been used. I don't know why it didnt come with a pamphlet though. All I care about is the juice and since its real I couldn't careless about a piece of paper. Was just curious if anyone else ever experienced this.

i wouldn't care about the pamphlet. i never read it.
    enjoy the parfum! and use the money saved to buy another one.

I am not worried if its a fake or old product. It has a 09 serial number and it took a few pumps to get the juice out of telling me its never been used. I don't know why it didnt come with a pamphlet though. All I care about is the juice and since its real I couldn't careless about a piece of paper. Was just curious if anyone else ever experienced this.
    it does mean it's used. that little folded up piece about their history should be there.

if you don't mind buying someone else's return... more power to you...

Yes, all Creed perfumes have this folded pamphlet that is placed inside, just as you unfold the box.
    However if your Creed did not come with this pamphlet, it means that it has been opened before.

So if that is an issue with you, you can choose to return it.
    If I were you, I wouldn't bother as the juice smells nice (you said it).
    As it is whatever is written on that pamphlet is BS.

Jer350,
    Screw that pamphlet nonsense, you're not wearing that. Wear the juice and remember that you got it cheaper than some would want you to have to pay.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I own a bunch of Creeds, most of which I bought from online "gray market" retailers. Some had that card in the box, some didn't, but all of the bottles I own have good juice in them, the real deal. I compared the way they smell with the juice from the testers at Neiman Marcus, and I detect no difference at all.

However, I did get screwed once when I unknowingly bought a fake Original Vetiver from some clown on eBay a year or so ago. The vendor wouldn't even let me return it, so I threw the bottle away.

Quote Originally Posted by TalkingMuffin View Post

Yeah, the other half are about concerns that the Creed they bought from whatever retailer is old, fake, turned, sour, from a bad batch, doesn't have the right serial numbers on it, has shifty packaging, or some other complaint that I blame directly on Creed's poor quality control department. Of course Creed is not responsible for all the fakes being produced, but their own less than stellar quality control adds to the insecurities that are expressed here daily. Personally, I have bought many bottles of Creed, in various flavors. All tester bottles from online discounters. All beautiful quality, and authentic juice. So, "you get what you pay for?" I'm not sure. If you are a stickler for packaging, then pay for the real thing from an authorized retailer. If not, there are cheaper ways to find good juice.

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickins View Post
    Yeah, the other half are about concerns that the Creed they bought from whatever retailer is old, fake, turned, sour, from a bad batch, doesn't have the right serial numbers on it, has shifty packaging, or some other complaint that I blame directly on Creed's poor quality control department. Of course Creed is not responsible for all the fakes being produced, but their own less than stellar quality control adds to the insecurities that are expressed here daily. Personally, I have bought many bottles of Creed, in various flavors. All tester bottles from online discounters. All beautiful quality, and authentic juice. So, "you get what you pay for?" I'm not sure. If you are a stickler for packaging, then pay for the real thing from an authorized retailer. If not, there are cheaper ways to find good juice.

-Slim
    I agree big time.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

i prefer to get creed of of saks and everything else on amazon or frag net

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    Man, what are you trying to do here? >:/

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    It's come straight from 'Basenotes Bible'

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Stupid question, stupid answer.

I had exactly the same experience with a 75ml bottle bought from Parfumesraffy. The folder was missing, and the bottle wasn`t 100% full. I suspect the bottle has been used and then returned back to parfumesraffy..
    -I also received a Erolfa bottle from them with a cap I`ve never seen on Erolfa before. It was the blue cap with that four-sided gold brand image on the top. Has Erolfa ever been produced with this cap? Next time I need Creed I think I will buy from Luckyscent or Strawberrynet!

Well I called the company and they insisted they don't sell used product and they had no idea why contents in the box was not complete. I pretty much got the answer I was expecting from them but they did say they would return it. Not going to though, no big deal to me as long as the juice is good and 100% full.

Sur la Plage

It should come with a pamphlet written in hieroglyphics on papyrus - from when the company was first founded.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Assuming the pamphlets are the same (i've never really bothered to look. Seriously), i'll send you one from my bottle of GIT if you dont mind waiting a few weeks for it to arrive.

Pamphlet schmamflet, I would have already have chucked the box and stuff if I wasn't moving house. That said, I semi-collect Old Spice bottles and mugs, so I suppose I get the enthusiasm. Sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    I had exactly the same experience with a 75ml bottle bought from Parfumesraffy. The folder was missing, and the bottle wasn`t 100% full. I suspect the bottle has been used and then returned back to parfumesraffy..
    -I also received a Erolfa bottle from them with a cap I`ve never seen on Erolfa before. It was the blue cap with that four-sided gold brand image on the top. Has Erolfa ever been produced with this cap? Next time I need Creed I think I will buy from Luckyscent or Strawberrynet!
    Also..... I find this highly dodgy. If they weren't advertised as partials or used, I would have sent them back, personally.

Stupid question, stupid answer.

I don't care what anybody thinks about packaging. To each his own. Personally, I think the whole package is what I'm paying for. If I wanted a cheaper one without packaging, I'd buy a damn tester.

Bottom Line: Fragrancenet is selling used&returned items as brand new.

And their response? "Just return it if you aren't happy"....(so we can sell it to some other unknowing customer.)

Like I said, not getting another penny from me. If anybody else wants to, go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post

Bottom Line: Fragrancenet is selling used&returned items as brand new.
    1stPerfume.com is doing this too. I've been seeing the same bottles of Creed Epicea and Krizia Moods Uomo I returned a year ago, due to having broken atomizers, on their home page being sold at a huge discount. They still send me emails asking me if I want to buy Epicea or Moods really cheap. WTF??!!?

DustB has it right! The difference in price = the cost of the pamphlet. Worth it or not? I think not..

Quote Originally Posted by stoavio View Post
    DustB has it right! The difference in price = the cost of the pamphlet. Worth it or not? I think not..
    Wrong (IMO) because Also the fact that it may be used, may have been stored in crappy conditions (in some bazaar in who knows what, Kabul? lol).

And shamu, funny you mention that... fragrancenet did the same crap to me. They sent me emails asking if I wanted to buy GIT, saying it's a fragrance I might like (even tho I just bought it the day or so before and also returned it 2 days later) haha...

The company needs some work, in my eyes. And most of the customer reps are rude and hasty.

Like I already said, to each his own! It's your money, I really don't care where you spend it.
    Last edited by G Man; 19th April 2010 at 06:32 AM.

I just got a 75ml bottle of SMW factory sealed with pamphlet and everything from perfume-click.eu. The price was around 80€ + shipping (from Ireland). It has a 08 lot number, smells exactly like the sample i got from essenza-nobile.de (who want 125€ for 75ml) and has better longevity (or at least that is my impression). Maybe this is of interest to some european basenoters.

something has happened at FRAGRANCENET.COM. If we believe that what we are getting from them is 100% authentic juice that was produced in the CREED FACTORY, then we are all fooling ourselves. I once "bought the dream" myself. I have purchased 3 bottles of Creed from them, and I have serious questions NOW about at LEAST 2 of them. The only one I believe may have been authentic was a tester of MI. The first bottle I bought was a 1oz bottle of GIT. I was happy with it, until I received a sample from the CREED boutique. I compared them over and over and determined the Fragrancenet bottle was not quite as rich, nor nearly as long lasting as the sample was. Second bottle was SMW 1oz. I was pleased with it, until I got a sample from CREED. I had already ordered the 3rd bottle. It was a 2.5oz bottle of Original Vetiver. It smelled great. However, I only sprayed it two times when this happened.
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Mitch/Downloads/original%20vetiver%20bottle%20damaged/Photo-0060%20-%20Copy.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]C:\Users\Mitch\Downloads\original vetiver bottle damaged\Photo-0058 - Copy.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]C:\Users\Mitch\Downloads\original vetiver bottle damaged\Photo-0057 - Copy.jpg[/IMG]