Jacques Guerlain' s

MITSOUKO, Eau de Parfum

Top Notes
    Citruses, Bergamot, Rose, Jasmine
    Middle Notes
    Lilac, Peach, Jasmine, Ylang-Ylang, Rose
    Base Notes
    Spices, Amber, Cinnamon, Oakmoss, Vetiver
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Default Re: S o t d 15 APRILl 2010

Good morning,

Oh and before I forget thank you all for the warm welcome!!!!

Today I am wearing Brezza di Seta by Calé Fragranze d'Autore.

Brezza di Seta ~ “Sitting at the mirror, she touches up her make-up, clasps on a thin string of little pearls and adds an embracing, velvety perfume. Then she stands up, straightens the folds in her soft dress and moves off sinuously yet discreetly, leaving a faint trace of enticing rosy and talc notes topped by a sparkling green note.” The feminine floral woody amber perfume includes notes of blackcurrant, violet leaves, neroli, lavender, water iris, magnolia, rose, patchouli, vetiver, vanilla and tonka bean.
    Last edited by Nola1977; 15th April 2010 at 08:42 AM.
    Live the life you love, love the life you live!!

Basenotes Plus

Wishing everyone a truly great smelling Thursday!
    welcome Nola1977- that scent sounds luscious

I'm in a new one for me Birmane by Van Cleef and Arpels... a woody/floral oriental. very smooth and intoxicating.

The Different Company Divine Bergamote for me again.

Having serious cravings for bergamot, am also guzzling green Earl Grey tea and pouting to take deeeep sniffs of my Pai bergamot lip balm...
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

I'm in Xeryus Rouge, from a large decant,
    I had all but forgotten how damn good
    this
    stuff is ... damn;

Good morning everyone and welcome to Nola Today is a rainy day. Actually I'm glad because that means we get rid of the snow faster Got an assignment to do today,so I needed something fresh to keep me going. L'ombre dans l'eau is perfect Gives me that extra bite to keep me going.

Fleur d'Oranger by Fragonard : unpretentious, delightful, uplifting, and special.
    Did I say I liked this scent?!

Something extremely fruity, despite the name: Mary Kay Romantic Petals

Eva Pasco

Good morning!

It just may be Juicy Couture today.

"We choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them." Kahlil Gibran

May each of our life altering decisions predispose us to experience joy...

True Rose by Woods of Windsor.

Himalaya - Creed
    Wishlist is pointless.

Cerrutti Image for me today for a near 90' day -

reine

For any who doubt there are perfume gods? Day before yestiddy Evangeline went on and on about Rose Kashmirie and created instant lust in my heart....HAD to try it. Last night, pawing through my samples, guess what I found??!!

YUP!

And she is full throated and voluptuous at the start - dark roses and maybe pee-oh-knee (!!) quite sweet, (feels like vanilla and sandalwood) with a hint of brisk spices. Lays close to the skin. Taking her to play Mah Jongg and will report.

Belated welcome to our newbies...y'all come back, now - heah??
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Hechizo by Victorio & Lucchino for me today . Its a creamy floral oriental on me , even if is listed as a floral in Fragrantica . According to the official list of notes, Hechizo features Italian bergamote,Tunisia Neroli,"spring" muguet,jasmin,bulgarian rose and Morocco Rose....Strawberry in the heart and patchouli, amber, vanilla and musk in the base. Its going great on my skin , warm , comforting and peacefull . Have a great day everyone .
    Kill all my demons and my angels might die, too (TW)

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Adolfo Dominguez today. Temps gradually warming up into the high 60s F overnight and high 80s in the day. Spring has really sprung.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I can't appreciate scent (or taste) very much right now as I'm battling a sinus infection. I'm just here getting a vicarious thrill.

Have a good day everybody!

Welcome, Nola!

Fendi Palazzo for me today. Sort of sweet, then bitter-sweet. Lovely bottle.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Delrae's Bois de Paradis yet again. Have a great day!

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Givenchy Insensé. Enjoy your day!

Top notes: Cassis, Basil
    Middle notes: Magnolia, Lentisk, Green Notes
    Base notes: Cedar, Fir Balsam

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

House twins with Vandair in Creed's Love In Black

Top Notes: night-blooming wildflowers, violet, Virginia cedar
    Middle Notes: iris, clove, tonkin musk
    Base Notes: blackcurrant, Bulgarian rose

I took that photo a few days ago, and was given the perfume by my sweetie for my b'day today - what a mindreader! Those little wild violets are all out in bloom at the moment, they spread every year. They're the unscented ones, which usually saves them from picking (these were saved from the lawn before I mowed it)!

Hope your sniffer is better soon, lilybelle!
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Quartz by Molyneux

Basenotes Plus

@lilybelle I hope your sinus infection clears soon. Poor head!

The roofing man is here to check out a leak. He seems very nice, I just hope that they solve the problem this time!

My SOTD is the modern version of Chamade edt. Chamade is such an interesting fragrance. It's the only one I have in different formulations from different ages. They all all Chamade but just a wee bit different. Since she takes such a long time to develop, I can really smell the different nuances.

Chamade is just like a favorite book, I want to own it, worthy of shelf space and revisiting.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Basenotes Plus

Welcome to Nola and all our newcomers!

Lilybelle, I hope you feel better soon.
    RHM, how about you? I hope you're doing better each day. xo

Estee Lauder Sensuous

Best to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Renee Musk for me today.

Bergamot, lavender, sweet orange, rose de mai, creamy musks, earthen woods, amber, tonka and vanilla.

Annick Goutal Les Nuits d'Hadrien.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Nautica Voyage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome newcomers!

Sending vibes of (((healing))) to those in need....

Also sending out (((HAPPY))) vibes to all!

7:15 am in Bali, Kenzo

hello to all! welcome to the newcomers and best of health to those suffering from cold, allergies or what have you.

today I'm in Mugler Alien...I don't know what kind of high-powered body chemistry I have but I can tame even the meanest jasmine...
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Blog Entries

Pierre Bonnard
    Guerlain - Chamade
    The name means either ‘wild heart beats’ or ‘ the drum beats surrender’;
    a homage to Françoise Sagan’s novel La Chamade.
    Claimed it took seven years to perfect; created by Jean-Paul Guerlain;
    a crisp green floral-oriental aldehyde parfum with top notes of galbanum,
    heart notes of rose, jasmine, muguet, clove and Spanish lilac;
    on base notes of vetiver, benzoin, sandalwood, vanilla,
    balsam of Peru and balsam of Tolu.
    Last edited by kumquat; 15th April 2010 at 03:54 PM.

Blog Entries

Pure White Linen for a full day at the university today. The name and the scent... the name hits two out of three. Pure -- yes, white -- yes, linen -- not so much. To me this scent is smoother than linen, pure white satin of my wedding gown is more like it. Some perfumes have colors for me, and this one is definitely white with a slight blueish tint, again, my wedding gown comes to mind. It's very personal for me, very me.

Lilybelle, get better!

RHM, a very apt comparison. I actually do not own Chamade as a book but I reread it several times. I also do not own a big bottle of Chamade, but I come and revisit my sample vial.

Have a good day, yes, y'all!

Marilyn Miglin Destiny

Basenotes Institution

Lilybelle- feel better soon- sinus infections are horrible.
    RHM - I hope you are getting better too- onwards ands upwards.

This morning, I reached for the nearest item to spray which was Fracas EDP !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Blog Entries

Lilybelle, do get better and keep using that Neti pot!

I'm enjoying the warm spring sunshine and my Gal Trebol (clover) perfume.

AM: Kelly Caleche
    PM: Un Jardin En Mediterranee by Hermes

Hello everyone!

I'm joining petruccijc and Le Grand Duc at the Givenchy house party, wearing the radiant and glamorous Ysatis (as I'm sure you know Duc, this is the feminine counterpart to Xeyrus, which is one of fiance's favorites - I love it on him, too!) But back to me, Ysatis is such a luxurious sunny holiday sort of scent for me. I'm not sure why but it brings to mind cool marble hotel lobbies and sparkling swimming pools...and this sounds familiar so I must be repeating myself again.

Created by Dominique Ropion in 1984, this opulent fragrance includes notes of ylang-ylang, galbanum, coconut, rose wood, jasmine, rose, iris, tuberose and narcissus. The base notes are musk, amber, vanilla, vetiver, patchouli, sandal wood and civet.

kewart - I thought it was you that wears Fragonad's Fleur d'Oranger - I mentioned it recently in Hillaire's Unsung Treasures thread. I think it's a perfect breezy orange blossom scent - it's on my wish list along with Cerisier en Fleurs.

taketheair - I love Quartz, and you make me realize how I've been neglecting it! I'm so glad to see it mentioned - it deserves more attention!

Warum - I get what you mean about PWL. I get a certain tenderness from it that really tugs at my heart. Have you tried the flankers? I really like Pink Coral, but I might be the only one here who does!

Y'all have a fabulous day!

...must try Chamade soon...

I'm wearing Parfumerie Generale L'Oiseau de Nuit today.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Mais non! Lilybelle, c’est tragique. It’s all the male plants’ fault, you know. They’re the pollen demons.

RHM, wish I could loan you my honey for a hour, he can diagnose and fix anything. He doth make my sun rise and set.

Another day in Macchia Mediterranea. Dill, musse? Really? Maybe. This one and Rue Royale are such mysteries. I'm thinking I need to take MM and RR to Boston in July for a group reading.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Early early morning found me sampling Miss Dior which is lovely, but somehow not me.

Have since showered and dabbed on Serge Lutens Tubereuse Criminelle... died and gone to Heaven.

Love your violet pic, Petra Ichor.

Neti pots are a life saver, no?

Today wearing my new Vent Vert. Sweeter than I usually wear, but with a little spritz of Jolie Madame on top of it to green it up a bit, perfect!
    (I had a sample of the original Vent Vert in my basket at TPC, but have deleted it... for now I chose to remain ignorant, so I don't have to hate this scent for what is not!)

Hope you're sniffer gets better soon, Lilybelle!
    Enjoyed the video, petruccijc!
    Is your birthday today Petra? (or did I misunderstand your post?)
    RHM - best wishes for a full recovery!

Samsara EDP (Guerlain)

Inspired by Givenchy fever, I am going to wear Le De today. Lilybelle, feel better! Take care, all.

Today indeed C Rose, fellow Aries (posse represent)! Off out now for cocktails and dinner, wheee :)
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Petra Ichor! Sneaky lady - were you thinking nobody would notice? Good spot, C Rose!

~ Happy Birthday Petra Ichor - many happy returns! ~

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Petra Ichor, a special bouquet for you. Happy day, child!
    (Would manage photo size if I knew how.)
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PETRA ICHOR!!!

I noticed...and fortuitously happened to be wearing Creed Love in Black myself today, of which I also own a bottle, though it wasn't gifted to me!

Get well soon, Lilybelle.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Happy Birthday Petra Ichor!

SOTD: JM Vintage Gardenia

I'm surprised to find that I really love this one. Perhaps, it will be my first FB from this line. Some know that one of my favorite floral notes is the gardenia, but I think it is very tricky to find the right one. (Well, maybe that's true for just about any note, right?) In any case, most JM's take on a funny staleness in the drydown, but this one doesn't seem to do so. Also, spice notes usually don't work at all on me. (Before trying it, I saw "cardamom" listed as a note, and I thought "oh, why even bother?"...but I'm glad I did! )

This fragrance's blend of gardenia, cardamom, sandalwood, and myrrh is really pretty, and it's very different from almost every other gardenia I've tried. I'm particularly fond of the cardamom in this one (surprise!)

Big round of sweet-smelling hugs for everyone...hope the week is winding down nicely!

Get well wishes to Lilybelle, and happy b'day wishes to Petra Ichor.

Wearing No 5 Eau Premiere on this Fed Income Tax Day in the U.S.

Have a good afternoon, everyone!

I'm wearing Cabotine, which is so cheap but it smells wonderful to me -- slightly sweet green juicy ginger and wet leaves.

C Rose, I just ordered some Vent Vert, so I'm glad to see a positive review! Somehow I'm all about the green right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Mais non! Lilybelle, c’est tragique. It’s all the male plants’ fault, you know. They’re the pollen demons.
    Grrr...! Thanks so much for all of the get well wishes! This thing sucks. Very painful! I'm on antibiotics and tylenol. SotA was Britney Spears Midnight Fatnasy. I shouldn't have bothered.

Happy Birthday to Petra Ichor!

Enjoy your special day!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RainDropSparkle View Post
    SOTD: JM Vintage Gardenia
    Glad you said something. I'd forgotten about this scent. Will put it on the “revisit” list.

Basenotes Institution

Happy birthday petra ichor !

Lilybelle sweetie- neti pots are great ! Get better !

My scent this evening is Shalimar EDP and vintage extrait - yummy !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Ooh happy birthday Petra Ichor!

(and commiserations with Lilybelle, I've a combo sinus/migraine no doubt spurred on by the massive male mulberry (triple-M evil!) which is shedding yellow pollen all over. And that stuff I can't see, which is more likely the culprit.)

I'm finally not icky-feeling enough to enjoy some Guerlain Vetiver vintage EDT.
    Last edited by actiasluna; 16th April 2010 at 12:43 AM.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Quote Originally Posted by Thalia View Post
    I'm wearing Cabotine, which is so cheap but it smells wonderful to me -- slightly sweet green juicy ginger and wet leaves.

C Rose, I just ordered some Vent Vert, so I'm glad to see a positive review! Somehow I'm all about the green right now.
    Hi Thalia! Hope you like it! I'm really enjoying my new "cheap" greens: Jolie Madame, Ma Griffe, Vent Vert. There was a thread on green scents here recently--which is where I got info on these and others -- if I find it I'll send you a link.

Happy Birthday to Petra Ichor!

SotE Hermes Caleche Eau Delicate

bleu autumn haze

I'm scent cousins with Mysticknot this evening ... I've been wearing Shalimar Eau Légère today.

sending get well thoughts to Lilybelle and happy birthday wishes to Petra

happy tax day to all ...

Happy Birthday Petra Ichor!!!
    Welcome to Basenotes Nola and to all newcomers!!!
    Hamptons by Bond No.9
    Gary

Blog Entries

Smile Re: S o t d 15 APRILl 2010

Chamade EDP.

Welcome, Thalia, and Happy Birthday, Petra Ichor!

Two Bouquets, by Trish Adams

My SotD was/is Shaal Nur.
    Last edited by Haunani; 16th April 2010 at 04:19 AM.

Blog Entries

I get what you mean about PWL. I get a certain tenderness from it that really tugs at my heart. Have you tried the flankers? I really like Pink Coral, but I might be the only one here who does!
    Evangeline, I did not try Pink Coral, but Light Breeze is nice. Makes me want to try Pink Coral chances are, there will be two of us