Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default The much-delayed BMM10 Final Results.

Hi guys, I assure you I didn't fall off the face of the earth, but for the last two weeks or so I've been working, and working a lot, on a new idea that I think a lot of you guys are going to love. I've been trying to get it done so I could do the BMM10 results and the big reveal for this project at the same time but it's not gonna happen, there's still too much work to be done. I will likely be contacting some of you, however, when the time's right as I'm going to need testers.

One thing I can announce is next year BMM10 will have the selection show and bracket challenge overhauled, and turned into it's own webpage where you can submit your picks. It'll help eliminate manual errors and will just be a much easier experience all around. I'll have more info on that as we get closer to the right time, early 2011.

On a sad note, the polls not closing on time messed with a lot of the awards that were going to be given out so the Awards show was a no-show this year, but this will also be something that the new web-based version will make easier next year.

I do, however, have the final scores so let's get into that.

The Zeitgeist, my experiment into majority-based voting, had an unexpected outcome. My hypothesis was that by smoothing out the odd quirks of basenoters as individuals, it would have a better picture of the sentiments of the voting community as a whole. Thus it should've taken first place, which didn't happen. What did happen was The Zeitgeist ended up in the precise middle of the field, 14th out of 27 members. So averaging out the votes led to a truly average performance. Look for a smarter Zeitgeist to return next year.

The rest of the field wasn't made up of mathematical algorithms and crossed fingers but living breathing Basenoters, with their own ideas and predictions, and in the end we had a surprisingly close finish.

By surprisingly close I mean 1 point separated 1st and 2nd.

zliang 116

veuve amiot 115
    mrcologneguy 109
    gupts 106
    timaru 104
    DocmanCC 101
    Asha 88
    TwoRoads 82
    robpgmc 82
    wicozani 81
    the_good_life 78
    flannelman 71
    surreality 66
    The Zeitgeist 63
    Buddy97 63
    an_oud_girl 63
    Bluesoul 55
    telecaster 53
    kbe 52
    Royal 52
    Furriner 50
    rogalal 48
    mudassir 47
    Exquisitely Me 42
    Roryj 42
    JaimeB 40
    jacona 32

There were some excellent games this year, and next year will be more exciting, a new schedule format, and some new surprises I've got in store for all of you.

Thanks for putting up with the delay, I assure you the intentions were in the right place...

Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

Default Re: The much-delayed BMM10 Final Results.

Can we have Hammam Bouquet in the running next year, it's one of the most unique fragrances in the world after all...

(Thanks for all your work this year by the way)
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Great game. Thanks for putting it together!

I don't really get it. What happened?
    Sell/Trade-- Issey Miyake(Summer '09)~Calvin Klein(One Summer '07 & '09)~Eau De Grey Flannel

Buy/Swap-- http://www.basenotes.net/threads/250...e-Want-Edition.

Great and relieving to know the official results. Thanks again to Bluesoul for organizing the event. I'm looking forward the next events.

Thanks for setting this all up again Bluesoul. Your work is certainly appreciated by all of us !
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by Geikamir View Post
    I don't really get it. What happened?
    Sixty-five fragrances met in a series of one-on-one contests to determine the Basenotes champion for 2010. Search for threads with "BMM10" and you'll see what took place.

Thanks bluesoul, for all of your herculean efforts!
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Thanks again for all your work on this, bluesoul and SomervilleMetroMan!

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

That was FUN! Thanks for all the hard work, bluesoul & the exciting commentaries from SMM! Looking fwd to next year's BMM11.

Thanks bluesoul! I promise I'll try not to miss the first announcement next year - I'll get my brackets in! Maybe even a trophy or fragrant prize might be in order next year!
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    Sixty-five fragrances met in a series of one-on-one contests to determine the Basenotes champion for 2010. Search for threads with "BMM10" and you'll see what took place.

Thanks bluesoul, for all of your herculean efforts!
    Yes, and our judge dared to get engaged along the way in order not to be on time with the evaluations, what an audacity...

Bluesoul, one big fat appreciation is adequate right here.
    It must have been an enormous effort, thank you very much for all the hard work, dear sir!

Blog Entries

Tons of fun, once again! Thank you so much for the work you put into this. I can't wait until next year! Just try not to get married toward the end of March, k?

edit: And congrats to zliang and veuve amiot. Nice pickin'.
    Last edited by Heartwood; 18th April 2010 at 09:34 AM.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous