Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Can't there at least be one house?

I am getting baffled as my journey continues into the fragrance world. Can't there at least be one house that makes all qualtiy scents with everything like the scent, longevity and sillage. I think that if I was a top class fragrance designer I would not let anything leave my lab that did not meat these standards. It just seems like poor work. If I were to do my job half assed I would be fired. Am I being a little weird here? Should I be expecting so much from fragrances. Anyone want to start thier own line with me, LOL!

Default Re: Can't there at least be one house?

i think yves st laurant is fairly stable

Post Thanks / Like

I've yet to smell a single line where I like every fragrance, even in my top three ( ironically, some of my favorite houses make some of my least favorite frags! )

A lot of it is very subjective, even to some extent with more concrete things like sillage and longevity.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    i think yves st laurant is fairly stable
    Yeah, but they make mostly shitty frags. *runs and hide*

Go Dior! Especially their pour Femme frags are sillage monsters,
    with Tony-grrreat longevity. Goes for most pour Homme too!
    Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 16th April 2010 at 09:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

My take on it is thus...perfumery is art. Art is obviously subjective. But the artists (in general) I appreciate (as artists) the most, are the ones who aren't afraid to push the envelope. To test people's boundaries. A lot of times (IMO) that results in someone smelling one of their pieces and saying, "ewww, gross! they want me to wear that!?" But then, twenty years down the line that original (disgusting) idea has been explored and results in a new genre which everyone raves about as "revolutionary." The end-product of which would never have been conceived had it not been for that one artist who wasn't afraid to be ridiculed. If I like everything I smell, then somebody's not trying hard enough. Somebody's playing it too safe. That's my .02 anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

to make anything "brilliant", you also run the risk of having someone else hate it. The only way to fail is to try to please everyone a little bit and no one a lot. What you may hate, others may love. So I'd say look more towards consistently "interesting" brands. Risk=Reward.

One of my favorites is YSL, I find most of theirs decent quality, interesting, and affordable, consistently.
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 16th April 2010 at 09:21 PM.
    NEW STUFF FOR SALE - TOM FORD, Guerlain, Acqua Di Parma, Serge Lutens, Byredo, Diptyque, etc. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    Yeah, but they make mostly shitty frags. *runs and hide*

Go Dior! Especially their pour Femme frags are sillage monsters,
    with Tony-grrreat longevity. Goes for most pour Homme too!
    you should be happy you live in europe boy lol that dior homme intense doesnt stand a chance to rive gauche or body kouros lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sirsmellzalot View Post
    My take on it is thus...perfumery is art. Art is obviously subjective. But the artists (in general) I appreciate (as artists) the most, are the ones who aren't afraid to push the envelope. To test people's boundaries. A lot of times (IMO) that results in someone smelling one of their pieces and saying, "ewww, gross! they want me to wear that!?" But then, twenty years down the line that original (disgusting) idea has been explored and results in a new genre which everyone raves about as "revolutionary." The end-product of which would never have been conceived had it not been for that one artist who wasn't afraid to be ridiculed. If I like everything I smell, then somebody's not trying hard enough. Somebody's playing it too safe. That's my .02 anyway.
    I like your thoughts on this. I still think that anything that is made should have great longevity. The others I can see being not so great. I believe a fragrance should really have holding power no matter if it subtle or not appealing to someone.

Post Thanks / Like

you should be happy you live in europe boy lol that dior homme intense doesnt stand a chance to rive gauche or body kouros lol.
    Cat Fight ... time for a new poll! Dior vs. YSL - though it's a given!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    Cat Fight ... time for a new poll! Dior vs. YSL - though it's a given!

oh god lol funny pic

Post Thanks / Like

Which once again proves that one man's cup of tea, is another mans poison.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Post Thanks / Like

Tommy Bahama has yet to make a fragrance I hate. It's designer, but they make quality scents, IMO.
    Sell/Trade-- Issey Miyake(Summer '09)~Calvin Klein(One Summer '07 & '09)~Eau De Grey Flannel

Buy/Swap-- http://www.basenotes.net/threads/250...e-Want-Edition.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Geikamir View Post
    Tommy Bahama has yet to make a fragrance I hate. It's designer, but they make quality scents, IMO.
    I agree, but what you and I love, others may despise. It's truly a matter of your standards, to me Fahrenheit is the perfect fragrance; it lasts long, it projects well, and it's as unique as they come. To me there are very few perfect fragrances and I've been into fragrances for quite some time. Be patient Mickers, you're not just gonna find your perfect fragrance in a week, a month for even a year. It's gonna take a long time, you can come on Basenotes, and ask for recommendations, but the truth is that everyone has different standards. Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron199 View Post
    poison.
    Poison?! Who said Poison?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Some folks like a good skin scent, or might be in a situation that requires no sillage. Many ingredients by their nature just don't have the chemical wherewithal to maintain longevity. This isn't the fault of the house; it's something that companies like Firmenich need to continue to work on. Plus, houses usually have several perfumers they work with, and those perfumers often have certain aroma chemicals they prefer to use. If a house instructs its nose to avoid using A, B, and C because of longevity issues, what's left? Sometimes you have to sacrifice an aspect to get something that's new, unique, and wonderful, and most houses probably don't want to be known as the company whose scents all smell basically the same.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate the replys. All good things to take into consideration. I just need to my favs. That's what I like about this journey, it's never going to end. There are so many fragrances out there to find!

Post Thanks / Like

There's too many variables to get an entire house with all great fragrances.

Perfumer's and buyer's tastes are just too different to have all great offerings.

The longevity issue is also too variable. Some notes; citrus for example, is just too volatile to last as long as say, woody notes. So, right form the start, a citrus fragrance would tend to disqualify and not meet your standards, no matter how good it is.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

Post Thanks / Like

If it's of any consolation Lacoste, CK, Nautica, Claiborne and other houses that I can't think of right now, are all notorious for having fragrances with very poor longevity. There are a few exceptions amongst those houses though.

Post Thanks / Like

It is so subjective that the only chance is to try as many scents as possible. In my case, it took me two years to understand, among many things, that Guerlain is my favorite house, that YSL's comes second, that Chanel and Hermes reformulated many of their scents making them unworthy of purchasing full bottles, etc. etc.

PS: And most surprising at all, I found that some knock-offs are better than their original versions...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Moon View Post
    There's too many variables to get an entire house with all great fragrances.

Perfumer's and buyer's tastes are just too different to have all great offerings.

The longevity issue is also too variable. Some notes; citrus for example, is just too volatile to last as long as say, woody notes. So, right form the start, a citrus fragrance would tend to disqualify and not meet your standards, no matter how good it is.
    I am really surpeised by the longevity and sillage that I get out Versace eau fraiche. This fragrance works extremely well for me. I am happy about this one as I really love the fragrance. Issey Miyake holds for a long time too. Some of them have holding power. I hope one day I can figure out why.
    Last edited by mickers; 17th April 2010 at 01:10 AM.

Why? Who cares which house makes which frag. as long as there are plenty of good ones out there (there are!)? If one house was head and shoulders above the others (and it was well known) don't you think you'd be paying huge money for those frags? I'm very pleased with the way things are, because I can get great frags for not much more than the price of deodorant stick at Walmart! LOL.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 17th April 2010 at 02:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickers View Post
    I am getting baffled as my journey continues into the fragrance world. Can't there at least be one house that makes all qualtiy scents with everything like the scent, longevity and sillage. I think that if I was a top class fragrance designer I would not let anything leave my lab that did not meat these standards. It just seems like poor work. If I were to do my job half assed I would be fired. Am I being a little weird here? Should I be expecting so much from fragrances. Anyone want to start thier own line with me, LOL!
    But you're assuming that the scent, longevity and sillage, while not aligned with your tastes isn't suited perfectly for someone else. Say you like fresh scents with super crazy sillage and longevity. That's fine, but what if I don't like fresh scents that are really loud, and like more subdued orientals? What I'm getting at is that scent itself is subjective, so to assume that your tastes should be the standard for a scent that is released is not fair.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Let's get ready to rumble!!! Ding ding ding! LOL...

I echo the sentiment by DavidBond007, sans Rive Gauche since I'm not familiar with it. YSL is very solid for the most part. The only ones I don't care for are Kouros (though I've smelled worse) and L'Homme for it's horrible longevity (though it smells nice).

As for Dior, I don't like anything by them (talking about male frags, not familiar with their perfumes) except Fahrenheit 32 which smells grrrrrrrreat in it's own right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    But you're assuming that the scent, longevity and sillage, while not aligned with your tastes isn't suited perfectly for someone else. Say you like fresh scents with super crazy sillage and longevity. That's fine, but what if I don't like fresh scents that are really loud, and like more subdued orientals? What I'm getting at is that scent itself is subjective, so to assume that your tastes should be the standard for a scent that is released is not fair.
    +1

I actually prefer houses that release fragrances based on how they smell, as opposed to longevity, sillage, etc. Some houses that are more artistically directed, will even sacrifice longevity and sillage in order to achieve certain artistic ends (eg. using an aromachemical that doesn't last, but smells better, versus one that lasts forever, but doesn't compliment the fragrance).

I have had the same frustration as the OP.

When I think of longevity or (reasonable) sillage, to me this equates to the quality of the product. I understand and accept scents can be subjective but when these expensive niche fragrances fails to deliver on the quality of its product it is a big disappointment. Like I would expect expensive watches and cars to be long lasting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by L'aventurier View Post
    I actually prefer houses that release fragrances based on how they smell, as opposed to longevity, sillage, etc. Some houses that are more artistically directed, will even sacrifice longevity and sillage in order to achieve certain artistic ends (eg. using an aromachemical that doesn't last, but smells better, versus one that lasts forever, but doesn't compliment the fragrance).
    I couldn't agree with you more. I go by what the initial smell is, if it attracts me or not. If it lasts long or projects nicely.. then that's just a bonus.; if it doesn't I may not buy it again. The beauty of basenotes though.. at least for me is seeing more info on the fragrance that I already like (longevity, sillage, middle and base notes)
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 17th April 2010 at 03:29 PM.

I guess nobody is perfect, including fragrance houses. But if I had to pick a house that has impressed me the most I would say it would be Theirry Mugler. The longevity and silage on their stuff is great and the scents are very unique and imo good. Sure some might be better than others and some I may not wear but I still like and appreciate everything I have tried from them so far in the mens line, minus PC and Sunessence (have not tried these)

Post Thanks / Like

As far as good scents with acceptable sillage and good longevity go, Knize has batted 1.000 for me (Ten, Forest, and Two. I haven't tried Knize Sec, Lady Knize, or Belle Epoque) even though I doubt there's a single safe blind buy in the lineup.

Post Thanks / Like

More of a vagabond than a homeowner, myself. Guess domesticity does not suit me.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII
    Post Thanks / Like

...and supposed there is indeed ONE house that offers all those: quality, artistry, sillage/projection & longevity that meet your expectations. And they know in the absence of worthy competitors they can charge you $1000 per oz. What then, huh? Surrender your bank account?

YSL comes close

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cannotavoidtrite View Post
    I have had the same frustration as the OP.

When I think of longevity or (reasonable) sillage, to me this equates to the quality of the product. I understand and accept scents can be subjective but when these expensive niche fragrances fails to deliver on the quality of its product it is a big disappointment. Like I would expect expensive watches and cars to be long lasting.
    Believe it or not, using sillage and longevity to judge the quality of the product, might just be the two worst variables to use. Considering longevity and sillage will often be achieved by using cheap and synthetic ingredients, it's in no way indicative of the overall quality. Now, that's not to say that it isn't possible to create a long-lasting, sillage monster that is well-made, but I can make a fragrance that lasts 4 days on you and will knock out everyone in your state, filled with disgusting smelling chemicals. Quality, should be measured on how well a fragrance captures it's intended purpose, how well it's blended, how natural it smells, and longevity and sillage should be more of an afterthought.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I thought that Creed seems pretty consistently good, and a more modern house that does well is Frederic Malle? One problem with both these houses is that they are niche houses, so their fragrances are not going to please everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Natch View Post
    Let's get ready to rumble!!! Ding ding ding! LOL...

I echo the sentiment by DavidBond007, sans Rive Gauche since I'm not familiar with it. YSL is very solid for the most part. The only ones I don't care for are Kouros (though I've smelled worse) and L'Homme for it's horrible longevity (though it smells nice).

As for Dior, I don't like anything by them (talking about male frags, not familiar with their perfumes) except Fahrenheit 32 which smells grrrrrrrreat in it's own right.
    lol thanks man you all are fun to talk to

Post Thanks / Like

For me, it`s got to be Creed. off course I can`t wear all of them, but I have yet not find a scent from them that i actual did not like.. As no.2 I will pick YSL. The only one i disslike very much is Kouros.

Post Thanks / Like

Believe it or not, using sillage and longevity to judge the quality of the product, might just be the two worst variables to use. Considering longevity and sillage will often be achieved by using cheap and synthetic ingredients, it's in no way indicative of the overall quality. Now, that's not to say that it isn't possible to create a long-lasting, sillage monster that is well-made, but I can make a fragrance that lasts 4 days on you and will knock out everyone in your state, filled with disgusting smelling chemicals. Quality, should be measured on how well a fragrance captures it's intended purpose, how well it's blended, how natural it smells, and longevity and sillage should be more of an afterthought.
    But don't we purchase a scent so that we can smell good and enjoy the scent ourselves. I would appreciate the scent to last more than an hour, after all I buy a cologne for a purpose not so I can say boy that's a good smell, they sure were creative on that one. I need something more than just a scratch and sniff. I think true artistry would be to include great qualities in every aspect of the fragrance. I respect creativity like for instance in music but the real artists create music with longevity. Youknow somethings good when it sticks around for a while. I wouldn't want to buy a bmw cause of how beautiful it was but it would only last a month,lol

Post Thanks / Like

You just have to accept the fact that aromachemicals evaporate and
    this is the end of your enjoyment regarding perfumes. Of course there is always Kouros.
    Last edited by steve_123; 17th April 2010 at 11:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Others have said it well, this is an art, and as such, it's totally subjective. What one person likes, another loathes. This is what also makes finding a gem extremely satisfying.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steve_123 View Post
    You just have to accept the fact that aromachemicals evaporate and
    this is the end of your enjoyment regarding perfumes. Of course there is always Kouros.
    You know I've heard kouros mentioned alot. Does it actually smell good or is it just something nasty

Post Thanks / Like

Well, that's subjective, but to me it's nasty.
    Sell/Trade-- Issey Miyake(Summer '09)~Calvin Klein(One Summer '07 & '09)~Eau De Grey Flannel

Buy/Swap-- http://www.basenotes.net/threads/250...e-Want-Edition.

it is strong, very strong and has a distinct smell. you may hate it, i think it's ok but there are other strong mature frags i like better.

Post Thanks / Like

Considering longevity and sillage will often be achieved by using cheap and synthetic ingredients
    Have you ever heard of ambergris?
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 17th April 2010 at 11:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

It's all too subjective to really answer.

IMO, for designer houses, I think YSL is most consistent. For niche, it's Creed.

But those are just subjective opinions based on a lot of frags I like.

OP has concerns with longevity which most of us do. It is an endless pursuit.
    I often see comments about certain frags lasting forever that don't last at all on me. We all do.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 18th April 2010 at 12:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickers View Post
    But don't we purchase a scent so that we can smell good and enjoy the scent ourselves. I would appreciate the scent to last more than an hour, after all I buy a cologne for a purpose not so I can say boy that's a good smell, they sure were creative on that one. I need something more than just a scratch and sniff. I think true artistry would be to include great qualities in every aspect of the fragrance. I respect creativity like for instance in music but the real artists create music with longevity. Youknow somethings good when it sticks around for a while. I wouldn't want to buy a bmw cause of how beautiful it was but it would only last a month,lol
    But, making a perfume is, as has been described by many DIY Perfumers on these boards, an incredibly difficult task. Not all aroma chemicals are long lasting, citrus ones are incredibly short lived, while vanilla may be longer lived. So what is a perfumer to do, when faced with a situation where he has created a masterful blend, but it's fleeting? He could add fixatives or whatever needs to be added to extend the longevity, but that may sacrifice the blend he has, or completely ruin it. Also, as others have mentioned in the thread, you prefer your fragrances to be loud and long lasting, which would seem like perfectly fine qualities to seek, and are. But I know for myself, and many others, like to have something more discreet and that lasts no more than 6 hours, anything more becomes annoying. If a perfumer releases a sent, that you deem to be inadequately short-lived, but fits perfectly into what I'm looking for, how could we say that that fragrance wasn't a success?

Also, do me a favor. Tomorrow when you put your fragrance on, spray about 4 times underneath your shirt, on your chest. Then let us know how the longevity faired.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Have you ever heard of ambergris?
    Yes? And your point? There are numerous natural ingredients that vary greatly in sillage/longevity from pitifully poor to incredibly tenacious, it just so happens it seems many of the stronger ones happen to be floral. But that doesn't deviate from the fact, that explosively strong perfumes are generally achieved using a cocktail of highly synthetic ingredients.

As far as ambergris goes, I'm also positive that it's rarely if ever used naturally anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Also, do me a favor. Tomorrow when you put your fragrance on, spray about 4 times underneath your shirt, on your chest. Then let us know how the longevity faired.
    I will definately try this! Always up for a new experiment.

Post Thanks / Like

HEy guys,

I believe that a perfect house, appart from our particular likes and dislikes, is the one that stays true to itself, that doesnt change over time and is consistent with quality and philosophy. Of course among those, we will chose one that makes perfumes that we love.

I respect and admire houses that makes perfumes that I actually dont like very much, like Diptyque or Guerlain. But I believe they are excellent and my taste will not change that.

That being said, my perfect designer house is Hermés

and my perfect Niche house is: Annick Goutal (you cand imagine that longevity is not always an issue for me!)

cheers

Pablo

Post Thanks / Like

Yes? And your point? There are numerous natural ingredients that vary greatly in sillage/longevity from pitifully poor to incredibly tenacious, it just so happens it seems many of the stronger ones happen to be floral. But that doesn't deviate from the fact, that explosively strong perfumes are generally achieved using a cocktail of highly synthetic ingredients.

As far as ambergris goes, I'm also positive that it's rarely if ever used naturally anymore.
    That's kind of a silly thing to say, there are few perfumes that are highly synthetic. The majority of synthetic smelling fragrances are colognes; many from name brand houses. Strong perfumes with insane longevity don't last so long because of chemicals, they last so long because they have less alcohol and are more potent.

Actually ambergris is more common than you think, just rarely listed unless used as a note. There's natural ambergris which is just used as an additive to a fragrance to slow down the absorption process once it touches the skin. Often times ambergris will make a fragrance thicker like GIT, if you look at it in the sample vial you'll notice it to be almost syrupy. Then there's ambergris used as a note which smells like a mix of sandalwood and some other stuff - with the exception of GIT.. usually if ambergris is listed in a fragrance it's because it's a note.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    That's kind of a silly thing to say, there are few perfumes that are highly synthetic. The majority of synthetic smelling fragrances are colognes; many from name brand houses. Strong perfumes with insane longevity don't last so long because of chemicals, they last so long because they have less alcohol and are more potent.

Actually ambergris is more common than you think, just rarely listed unless used as a note. There's natural ambergris which is just used as an additive to a fragrance to slow down the absorption process once it touches the skin. Often times ambergris will make a fragrance thicker like GIT, if you look at it in the sample vial you'll notice it to be almost syrupy. Then there's ambergris used as a note which smells like a mix of sandalwood and some other stuff - with the exception of GIT.. usually if ambergris is listed in a fragrance it's because it's a note.
    The overwhelming majority of fragrances on the market are comprised of mostly synthetics. The amount of naturals still in fragrances are small and rapidly dwindling. Regarding ambergris, someone with some knowledge of fragrance composition will have to comment on whether or not the ambergris in Creed is natural, I'd guess not though. Considering ambergris is one of the most expensive materials, maybe in the world, I'd highly doubt companies are using it as a fixative in their fragrances.

Post Thanks / Like

The overwhelming majority of fragrances on the market are comprised of mostly synthetics. The amount of naturals still in fragrances are small and rapidly dwindling. Regarding ambergris, someone with some knowledge of fragrance composition will have to comment on whether or not the ambergris in Creed is natural, I'd guess not though. Considering ambergris is one of the most expensive materials, maybe in the world, I'd highly doubt companies are using it as a fixative in their fragrances.
    Well whether or not the ambergris in Creed is natural or not is debatable. Only somebody who works at Creed could probably tell us that, but IMO it's used as a note and not as and not as an additive. Ambergris is about as expensive as diamonds indeed, but the tiniest amount has an insane effect. Fragrances tell you the notes in the fragrance and that's it, we usually don't know what else they're working with.

Post Thanks / Like

I own a fragrance that contains natural ambergris. Comparing it with the rest of her line, it does have above average longevity for a natural fragrance ( which by and large are quite weak by modern standards ), but it doesn't have the big sillage most modern fragrances acheive.

Though I find some delightful in content, issues of sillage and longevity tend to make me hesitant about natural fragrances, bar orientals, which are often formed around more powerful ingredients ( e.g. vanilla, vetiver, and most of all, patchouli ).

Post Thanks / Like

In the nice houses things are a bit different, but for the designer houses how much control do you think perfumers actually have? Very little, I guarantee you. It's all about sales, bottom line and chasing trends.

Regarding synthetics, we are all aware of the fact that there are two major factors contributing to this: 1. They are cheaper, and their use will thus help the bottom line. 2. Naturals are being highly regulated (and anyone who thinks public health, not economics is at the bottom of this is very naive IMO).

Regarding Creed, I don't believe anything they say in their hype, but I do like a few of their scents.
    Last edited by mrclmind; 18th April 2010 at 02:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    I've yet to smell a single line where I like every fragrance, even in my top three ( ironically, some of my favorite houses make some of my least favorite frags! )

A lot of it is very subjective, even to some extent with more concrete things like sillage and longevity.
    I'd say that is more personal than subjective. Subjective implies that the variations are purely perceptual; factors that are not subjective like humidity, temperature, wind conditions, skin type, amount of fragrance worn, nose fatigue all play a role in longevity and sillage. Furthermore a perfumer cannot take all of these factors into account during the fragrance design process.
    Last edited by surreality; 18th April 2010 at 03:21 PM.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

A r a m i s

They seem to put out quality fragrances with good consistency. They are priced very decently too! Of course everyone's idea of quality will vary, but yeah, that is one "Designer" house that I really respect.

I think it was nice that they re-marketed and re-issued their classics instead of doing one too many "L'eau de Aramis"
    Last edited by MFJ; 18th April 2010 at 03:27 PM.